Going on Crusade and Your Village Improvements etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

DerHerbst

Knight
Hey I was wondering what happens to your properties when you take leave and go on crusade?  I know that your properties are temporarily given to the king and you get them back when your done crusading.

I am wondering specifically what happens to any construction projects during that time?  Right now I own a village and I am about to fortify the manor, which usually takes around 50 days to finish.  I get bored waiting for the castle to be built so I'm thinking of heading to the Holy Land to lend a hand.

If I go crusading while the castle is being built and come back after it's finished, will I be given back both the village and the castle?  Or will I only get the village back? 

I'm hoping someone out there knows the answer because I really don't want to test it for myself given the time involved!  Any feedback is always appreciated

Hah - never thought of that. I think the castle should become yours?.... then again, if it would become the kings - you won't get it back :grin: (due how the script works)

I had some really weird situations involving crusading and castles. On crusade I was given a castle by the crusading state. But then one of my villages way back in Norway switched over to the crusading state. When I went back to Norway I kept the castle in Egypt and the village in Norway left my control and was given to a crusading state lord. I had my manor *** castle in my possession still but my previous village switched to the King and the manor village went to him as well. So then I was given another village by Norway cause I was suddenly "fiefless"

The castle in Egpyt is mine but Norweigian now. A village in Norway is the Crusaders. My old village went to the king, but I kept my player made castle.

All very convulted :razz:

So in response to OP, from my experience you lose the village but keep the castle.

Ha ha ha this seems like a tricky situation to handle!  I will test it out using infinite camp to make the days fly by.  If it doesn't work as planned I will try crusading and then come back home to my village one day before the castle is finished.  Hopefully then I will get the village back, the castle will spawn the next day and all will be good!

So I gave this a test twice and got similar results to Shinyspoons.

I owned the village of Suthrkopang in Sweden.  I fortified the manor and went crusading while it was being built.  As soon as the castle was completed both the village and castle of Suthrkopang swtiched from being Swedish to Crusdaer States! 

I then repeated the test but rejoined Sweden one day before the castle was scheduled to finish building.  I was given back the village and when the castle finished the next day, I got that too.

So in summary:  You can go crusading while your castle is being built but you have to rejoin your faction BEFORE the castle is completed.  Otherwise the village+castle will transfer ownership to the Crusader States and you'll lose both!

I can attest that whenever the castle gets finished it belongs to you + whatever faction you belong at the moment.

I was lord of a village and had started a castle. Before the castle was finished my faction lost the town the villaged belonged too, so they now both belonged to another faction (i was so pissed the whole block heard my scream). To my surprise when the castle was finished the village and the castle were now mine again and belonged to my faction once more. Since we are now at peace I get to keep it :smile:

For once a bug that works in my advantage!!!

Temujin said:
how can you go on a crusade?

You must talk with your King and ask him that you need some months to leave to go to Crusade or something like that, it will automatically give you the status of Crusader and then you should go to the Holy Land because you will be part of Crusader States.

Back
Top Bottom