Getting tired of kings hoarding fiefs without punishment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Same here. Latest Beta, Derthert does the same to the new lords mostly I convinced to join us. But strange thing is every war I conquered two or three places but never was a voting candidate myself. I hold three castles and a town, but Vlandia is vast you know.
"gamey" wise this is normal, but too unsettling, absolute unbelievably tbh, that means, it strikes the core of "realism" (not realism as in real life, but sort of being grounded, not a toddler action figure trip), I think that the game should be quicker to set up a character build, but extremely slower on the "conquering" side. If you manage to amass enough nobles, it's a endless snowball, territory expansion also becomes ridiculous. Imo most can be fixed with diplomatic slap-ins, flushing out the missing features, but the amount of time to actually have a "lordly" built character is too damn long, I mean, the PC starts at 31yo, I've only started to scratch the base build by 39yo, that sucks, all the while your brother is like a gazillion times better than you at everything, just look at the guy's skills...

Probably, if they fail at balancing all of these (which would not come as a surprise given how Warband was broken balance wise), I'll just have to use mods to make skills less of a chore and more of a feature in the future. Perks not working doesn't help either, if you mistakenly pick a "soon™" perk, you've basically killed a skill point and hindered your character in the process. At least in Warband we could just build around Int, racking up all of the extra skill points, cumulate them, and then actually flush out a jack of all trades while accelerating the leveling process. In BL you simply can't speed up the thing, and even after they've patched it, it's still too slow. At least in WB I could edit the character sheet and import it to skip the hassle, here I cannot do that. In WB I've always thought that at minimum the PC should be given 10 extra skill points so you could have a fully flushed role by mid-game. Reaching level 63 was nearly impossible, unless you could stick to the same save for over 10 years in-game time. I prefer quicker playthroughs rather than slow drags that last me up to a year irl

Last edited:
"gamey" wise this is normal, but too unsettling, absolute unbelievably tbh, that means, it strikes the core of "realism" (not realism as in real life, but sort of being grounded, not a toddler action figure trip), I think that the game should be quicker to set up a character build, but extremely slower on the "conquering" side. If you manage to amass enough nobles, it's a endless snowball, territory expansion also becomes ridiculous. Imo most can be fixed with diplomatic slap-ins, flushing out the missing features, but the amount of time to actually have a "lordly" built character is too damn long, I mean, the PC starts at 31yo, I've only started to scratch the base build by 39yo, that sucks, all the while your brother is like a gazillion times better than you at everything, just look at the guy's skills...

Probably, if they fail at balancing all of these (which would not come as a surprise given how Warband was broken balance wise), I'll just have to use mods to make skills less of a chore and more of a feature in the future. Perks not working doesn't help either, if you mistakenly pick a "soon™" perk, you've basically killed a skill point and hindered your character in the process. At least in Warband we could just build around Int, racking up all of the extra skill points, cumulate them, and then actually flush out a jack of all trades while accelerating the leveling process. In BL you simply can't speed up the thing, and even after they've patched it, it's still too slow. At least in WB I could edit the character sheet and import it to skip the hassle, here I cannot do that. In WB I've always thought that at minimum the PC should be given 10 extra skill points so you could have a fully flushed role by mid-game. Reaching level 63 was nearly impossible, unless you could stick to the same save for over 10 years in-game time. I prefer quicker playthroughs rather than slow drags that last me up to a year irl

Absolutely agree and to add what you said even conquering a single fief with level one stuff in it should be an important deal.

Agree on that the character build takes too long. Similarly my character started to seem like meaningful at 38, even so low stats compared to others, not a single tournament lost though, idk it's weird.

Absolutely agree and to add what you said even conquering a single fief with level one stuff in it should be an important deal.

Agree on that the character build takes too long. Similarly my character started to seem like meaningful at 38, even so low stats compared to others, not a single tournament lost though, idk it's weird.
well, if I was the one to dictate how the skill progression should work, I'd probably multiply boring passives like Trade and Smith by 10 from the get go. Give the passive skills a tweak to give xp depending on how meaningful the accomplished task was, or multiply by 20 form the get go skills that we cannot control ourselves (like riding, stewardship, tactics, leadership etc.). Then I'd award a weapon skill point boost at tournaments depending on the most used weapon... So if you've slashed through most rounds with 1h, boom, 10 one handed skill points to the PC. So on so forth.

Currently leveling isn't rewarding, it's a slow drag, you end up spending 90% of the time to get a single ****ing skill point, which helps with absolutely nothing in practice. To reach perks is a painful slow drag, and since we cannot effectively go Jack of All trades, the leveling becomes a punishment instead.

I thought it strange that I had been beating Empire lords back and forth and was given one castle with one village, while a brand new clan, was given 3 castles back to back. Because I'm given no new fiefs, and of course anything I help conquer I'm not given, I'm constantly starved for money. I have 3 workshops and a caravan and maybe once an ingame week do I have reach positive money gain. Yes I know my army is too large, and I sustain it with tournaments and selling the loot off, and then fighting bigger armies that I just use tactics to win against and sell their loot and ransom high end prisoners, but despite beating my liege's enemies, he still has a -15 relationship with me because he was in the running for a castle he had no part of and I didn't back him up.

Back
Top Bottom