Genuinely question for the devs and players.

Users who are viewing this thread

The question is:

Why are your standards so low that you´re cool with it, that modders have to fix whatever game for free, instead of the company delivering the product it advertised and that you´ve paid for?
I think it's pathetic and really bad image to the company create a game that mods will need do somehting instead creating new content.

Even Paradox that everyone know is all about money the CEO has some quality standards to what release in the gaming community

The question is:

Why are your standards so low that you´re cool with it, that modders have to fix whatever game for free, instead of the company delivering the product it advertised and that you´ve paid for?

A great question to ask. Some people just want that product to consume in their free time, regardless of how terrible the base experience is.

I might be a bit new to the party here because although I played WB a bunch back in the day over several years and knew about banerlord, I only recently got it. From a fresh perspective for me the game has it's issues and is missing some stuff I wish it had, and has some extra stuff I wish was better or not there, but I also wouldn't call it a demo, empty or a mess. Maybe ya'll know better since you've been following it's updates for longer and have seen that they are very slow, but slow development and poor product are two separate things.

From a game developer's perspective (and I am one) and a MnB fan (that too) even with all the issues and things that are asked for or need fixing, Bannerlord is an incredibly complex game in terms of development. There are a lot of interacting systems, mechanic, AI and just overall a really bloody massive product. It's taken them ages but it's not surprising to me. Not knowing anything about the internal dev process I can't say weather how long things take to update is justified, or weather they listen to the player base or not.
It's hell impressive how much modders are doing. Weather I'm banking on it or not, i'd be at least relieved that mods take some of the pressure off of my dev.

If updates have been slow, then that sucks and overreliance on the modding community is unfair, though not unjustified. Modders make great experiences out of quite a solid base game, even with all the issues included. It's really hard to say unless you're on the inside though. Some companies just have a complex product that is hard to work around, others have poor management. I'm hoping it's the first one.
Still wouldn't call this a mess or demo though. Of all the stuff you see EA this thing is pretty exceptional. Doesn't mean can't make it even better :grin:

p.s. I've worked at a lot of places with poor management, and pushing out a project like this (even if slowly) is hard to imagine if the team wasn't super organized and invested. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe they need to loosen up since the biggest chunk of super complex dev and design is done.

Back
Top Bottom