Gentlemen's Tobacco Club

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, so, Marlboro is starting to bore me, like L&M did before it, any recommendations for a new brand? I only smoke red right now, though I'm open for suggestions. I also started rolling my own fags, which might have been a mistake, because they always last for so long that my fingers start freezing out there. :lol:

I'm no expert on these kind of things but I'll try my best.

Chesterfield = Budget, chemical taste.
Level = Smells of benzine.
John Silver = These are the ones your grandpa/ma smokes. Strong as ****.
Blend = Pretty common, just generic.
Pall Mall = My father smokes these, stronger than your generic brand from what I understand.
Winston = Pretty smooth taste.
Prince = Strong filtered cigarettes made in Denmark.

I think only Chesterfield and Pall Mall are sold in Finland out of all those. :lol: I use Pall Mall for my rolled cigarettes. I think I'll see if they sell Lucky Strike Additive Free around here, heard good things about it, and tried regular Lucky Strikes in the past when I was in the army, a friend bought them from time to time.

images

Maroon* the dead Krauts!  :grin:

Corporal,_East_Surrey_Regiment_1940.jpg
*Maroon(ing) is old gangster talk for robbing.

Kleidophoros said:
Pipe tobacco is cleaner yes and you are not supposed to inhale the smoke. Although if you are coming from cigarettes you will inhale for a while till you get used to the pipe.
Tobacco with artificial flavoring is not clean though; none of those aromatic tobaccos are any cleaner than a cigarette. Buy real tobacco if you want clean.
Beginning smoking pipe you will need a few pipes, tobacco, tamper, cleaner, a case and whatnot but eventually it's cheaper.
And if you can buy bulk, it's gonna be much cheaper.

Kleidophoros_p4008_48.jpg
:smile: Yes, i heard that pipe smoking isn't supposed to be inhaled. But if it's not about the stimulant, what's the appeal of pipe smoking?
I guess my uncle could borrow me a pipe and some tools

I think it can be compared to drinking alcohol.

Sitting with a glass of whiskey in front of an open fire is more like pipe smoking,
whilst going out clubbing is more like nicotine addiction.

You smoke a pipe/drink whiskey for the pleasure that the action itself gives and less the drug itself. (You might get some buzz, depending on the brand)
Smoking cigarettes/going out clubbing is for the pleasure that the drug gives. Nicotine buzz/getting drunk.

Also, if you just want to try it, a corn cob pipe might be the best one, cheap (around 5 dollars or less) and you don't have to break it in and build a cake* (doesn't last as long)

*Carbon cake to enhance the flavour, I don't do this with my pipes.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Alright, so, Marlboro is starting to bore me, like L&M did before it, any recommendations for a new brand? I only smoke red right now, though I'm open for suggestions. I also started rolling my own fags, which might have been a mistake, because they always last for so long that my fingers start freezing out there. :lol:
wot how do your roll ups last longer than your filter cigs? They're shorter and I always got the idea they smoked up far more quickly.

Harkon Haakonson said:
I've always enjoyed Lucky Strike the most really.
dammit, guess I'll have to switch brands.

crodio said:
Kleidophoros said:
Pipe tobacco is cleaner yes and you are not supposed to inhale the smoke. Although if you are coming from cigarettes you will inhale for a while till you get used to the pipe.
Tobacco with artificial flavoring is not clean though; none of those aromatic tobaccos are any cleaner than a cigarette. Buy real tobacco if you want clean.
Beginning smoking pipe you will need a few pipes, tobacco, tamper, cleaner, a case and whatnot but eventually it's cheaper.
And if you can buy bulk, it's gonna be much cheaper.

Kleidophoros_p4008_48.jpg
:smile: Yes, i heard that pipe smoking isn't supposed to be inhaled. But if it's not about the stimulant, what's the appeal of pipe smoking?
I guess my uncle could borrow me a pipe and some tools
You do get the nicotin; through your oral mucosa you adsorb that ****.
Cigarette is an engineered tool to inject to your body as much as nicotine in as little time as possible. Pipe is much more conservative in that regard. You go slower, easier, get less nicotine in a much more pleasant way.

Thing I love pipe smoking is that you can actually taste the tobacco you are smoking. And it tastes good. I have never been able to taste cigarette in 15 years so it's a most welcome change.
If you start please don't smoke a cheap tobacco in a cheap pipe. It will just ruin pipe smoking for you.

Gestricius said:
Why don't you?

Kleidophoros said:
Thing I love pipe smoking is that you can actually taste the tobacco you are smoking. And it tastes good. I have never been able to taste cigarette in 15 years so it's a most welcome change.
If you start please don't smoke a cheap tobacco in a cheap pipe. It will just ruin pipe smoking for you.
pls advise on a good starter 'set' I can get off the internet :razz:

FrisianDude said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
wot how do your roll ups last longer than your filter cigs? They're shorter and I always got the idea they smoked up far more quickly.

Harkon Haakonson said:
I've always enjoyed Lucky Strike the most really.
dammit, guess I'll have to switch brands.
Yes, you don't want to be smoking "The Kunt's Choice"!

Kleidophoros said:
Gestricius said:
Why don't you?
1. Just another thing to look after. 2. It can get really nasty sometimes. 3. I had two pipes (none for the moment, last one broke and I've had other things on my mind) and I sometimes switched between naturals and aromatics. If I kept the cake, the two tastes will "wed/blend" which I don't particularly like.

FrisianDude said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
They're not actually shorter, about the same size, and I use a rolling machine so I can fit something like 1,3 times as much tobacco into one roll up.

In comparison, regular cig takes about 5 mins to smoke, a roll up takes anywhere from 7 to 10 minutes.

There is a snus with taste of whiskey, it's nowhere to be found.

snus1_probe-whisky-los.jpg

Back
Top Bottom