General suggestions thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
****... i get mixed up something...

oh and Leadership for Player as king could be a bit higher ( i set leadership as Lord +1 , as King +30... since NPC Kings leads around 300 and more...  as Player u need around 5000 Renown to match , okay player are some more intelligent, hmm should be.... :p

i meant Leadership and Morale...      i set for myself as Lord +18 and as King +30 ( Native is 12/15 )    ,so i have with Leaderhip 10 as lord/ king    180/300 Moral....

fielding just 100 knights versus 1000 low Tier Npc Troops ist funny and nice in the first Battles but getting boring on long sight, 

i need more challenge...and i have it, if i try to play realistic with more low-tier Troops  ,  but with low Morale and this as  Playerking or big Lord similar with a Duke, coz lot of Village/Castles and possibilty of fielding much more Troops, its very very hard to hold Morale up, and u not have really the time to plunder  or fight day by day...

i know, how set up Moralsystem by myself, but maybe more player wants have it a bit higher

-------

yes ,arrest the lord is a way to hold them down...  thats why i turned off the minus 3 relation malus...  hard to earn relation with them, and loosing this, coz they lost a battle against me,  no i dont like this...

Pretty little thing about Teutonic heraldry.

Wouldn't it be if not better at least more realistic for all of teutonics "lords" to have just a black cross on silver as banner?
That was the rule, that no one could bear personal heraldry or decorations, as they were monks fighting for the Order, not lords fighting for themselves. They had no properties.

Also, the heraldry now used is taken from captured flags of 1410 (isn't it anachronistic?), and part of it are formed by cities' militia's flag (Reval, Elbing and Riga had their own indipendent militia (Lubisches Recht or Luebeck Law), which was no part of the order). We can talk about liberties the brethern may have taken, but isn't 1257 a much too early date for that?

Maybe it could be possible to change the current banners into new banners with a black cross (maybe a different shaped cross for banner, I don't know).
Less simply, teutonic shields with fixed colours (like the lithuanians pavise, i.e.) could be added.

F.F.C._fritz said:
Pretty little thing about Teutonic heraldry.

Wouldn't it be if not better at least more realistic for all of teutonics "lords" to have just a black cross on silver as banner?
That was the rule, that no one could bear personal heraldry or decorations, as they were monks fighting for the Order, not lords fighting for themselves. They had no properties.

Also, the heraldry now used is taken from captured flags of 1410 (isn't it anachronistic?), and part of it are formed by cities' militia's flag (Reval, Elbing and Riga had their own indipendent militia (Lubisches Recht or Luebeck Law), which was no part of the order). We can talk about liberties the brethern may have taken, but isn't 1257 a much too early date for that?

Maybe it could be possible to change the current banners into new banners with a black cross (maybe a different shaped cross for banner, I don't know).
Less simply, teutonic shields with fixed colours (like the lithuanians pavise, i.e.) could be added.
nono,the heraldry is the heraldry of towns under teutonic rule,so it was the same as the grunwald captured flags,btw the bulk of the teutonic army was militia recruited from towns,not teutonic infantry,so the heraldry on shields is ok

I noticed that if the country u pick is not at a war, for a long period of time in the game you're bored. Kingdom u choose should be in some conflict already at the beginning, in other way this look like bad rpg game, farming fures and ****, doing some pirates.

I don't know if it has been suggested, but what about using this song  Raua Needmine as one of the Baltic region songs.

It's in Estonian, from Estonian author but based on both Finnish and Estonian epos's/epics Kalevala and Kalevipoeg respectfully.
So it can also be used in Finnish region, altho I know the difference between Estonian and Finnish language, a lot of foreigners don't.

Nice track!

Listening to this i feel the urge to shake my head so wild until i get all dizzy  :lol:

Astacius said:
I noticed that if the country u pick is not at a war, for a long period of time in the game you're bored. Kingdom u choose should be in some conflict already at the beginning, in other way this look like bad rpg game, farming fures and ****, doing some pirates.

Remember, you can always start a war on your own.

For example I did not give a damn that Granada has made peace with Portugal and yet more than half of the Portugese nobility is rotting at Mertola :razz:

War can be VERY profitable indeed.

i have a suggestion to make:

Spice up the fief-awarding system! (when you are a lord under a king)

The current one is clumsy and unsatisfying to me. It's laking overview and opportunity.
Most of the time the player prefers a special lord to get the new fief.
The only way right now is to find and talk to him and support him directly, or find a lord who is already willing to support him.
I would really like to have the ability to suggest any lord and then convince other lords to support my choice, maybe even bribe them to do so (eg 10 coins for every point of renown).

Personally the fief-rewarding is one of the most thrilling elements of the game to me, and i would really like some more influence here.

Also, M&B wfas has a more developed way to elect the marshal. Perhaps we can port this to warbands?

Perhaps get rid of the gold-colored mail with the surcoats? I never use them, since they don't match any other mail (gloves, legs, helmets besides one), even though the designs on some are really great.

JHaukewood said:
Perhaps get rid of the gold-colored mail with the surcoats? I never use them, since they don't match any other mail (gloves, legs, helmets besides one), even though the designs on some are really great.
Or perhaps just keep them for the people who do like them. Like me for example. :wink: I do agree that its harder to match them, but i'd rather see some black (leather) gloves added instead of removing the armors.

Any chance of expanding the number of factions, I'm especially interested in Wallachia  :mrgreen: but also the Holy Lands and maybe the Seljuks or Ottomans

I can't remember in which mod but there was ocean crossing like in ad1257, horse change to a boat. Mod leader said it was taken away because it caused lag in map so maybe this could be worth of some investigations?

true, the algorithm for it is big, slimy and expensive. Lets see if we get a performance boost if we disable it. If we do, I can do, that it would be an option to turn it on or off. Thanks for the tip!

Can we increase the value of flags (carried by soldiers on the battlefield) to an amount that makes it worth selling?

By now a flag can be sold for ~9 coins.

If it brings in - lets say- 1000 coins it would be worth hunting for.

Collecting flags on the battlefield could be some kind of minigame (just like snatching destriers gta-style  :wink:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom