General suggestions - 1.00+

Users who are viewing this thread

Sarkiss said:
another thing that could be a great addition for any mod that is striving for historical accuracy and realism would be stamina system and/or armour penalties, like in Brytenwalda. you could make it optional so that little superman fan boys dont whine too much.
Adding Stamina system and Armor penalties could be nice additions but there is a catch there..
Imagine the character has 15 Strength. It is OK that some abilities drop when you wear a heavy armor. But when the same amount of penalties apply to a character with 18 Strength, it starts to be illogical. Same goes for stamina..
So if any or both systems will be integrated, some work is to be done to include the strength (or agility or any related skill) factor, in my opinion.

xat said:
Simple question. How the hell is this new town garrison system supposed to work.

I took down a town. And then it becomes 0 guards, I can either get -10 reputation ... and put some guards, or wait for god know how long for anything to happen.
Just waited for 7 days in this stupid town and it still is 0 guards. If I leave it anyone can take it by just sieging it.
I mean really how the heck is this supposed to work because it seems retarded.
:roll:

About the mongol guard boots. Aren't they supposed to be the same color as the mongol lamellar armor? This bronze/gold color compared to the other mongol armor's colors seems like a kilogram of bacon on a chocolate cake for me :/ Or the lamellar armor supposed to be bronze/gold?

Arszi said:
About the mongol guard boots. Aren't they supposed to be the same color as the mongol lamellar armor? This bronze/gold color compared to the other mongol armor's colors seems like a kilogram of bacon on a chocolate cake for me :/ Or the lamellar armor supposed to be bronze/gold?
picture,i dont know what armour

kuauik said:
Arszi said:
This one:
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1098/1wzo.jpg
(Don't mind the armor values, the body armor is a coat of plates actually, just changed its model to a mongol armor.)
Also the trees are glowing at night, it bugs mi a little. Is it a texture issue, or a setting issue?
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/984/85rm.jpg

kuauik said:
xat said:
Simple question. How the hell is this new town garrison system supposed to work.

I took down a town. And then it becomes 0 guards, I can either get -10 reputation ... and put some guards, or wait for god know how long for anything to happen.
Just waited for 7 days in this stupid town and it still is 0 guards. If I leave it anyone can take it by just sieging it.

Well yes that did answer my question. I still think its retarded. As I said took town waited for week still 0 guards inside and I can't move away because random 30 units enemy is riding around.
I can either make the garrison manual and get -10 reputation so that I have to make stupid quests for town later (fetch me some ale to the other side of map will you) so that I can eventually invest in town.
Or I can sit there forever.

It seems you guys removed auto garrison option from mod menu in 1.02 so I presume the *town management* is the auto garrison managed by townies. But as I said how long do I have to wait for them to get even 1 troop so that town won't get taken by alone lord with broken legs and arms.
No matter how I look at it its still retarded. AI lords take town town gets troops from them or otherwise. I take it, nothing happens. Mind you I took it without force as the guards just left it for me as they were to weak.

Arszi said:
kuauik said:
Arszi said:
This one:
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1098/1wzo.jpg
(Don't mind the armor values, the body armor is a coat of plates actually, just changed its model to a mongol armor.)
Also the trees are glowing at night, it bugs mi a little. Is it a texture issue, or a setting issue?
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/984/85rm.jpg
those boots are from Native,its khergit stuff.Othr reanmed them to Mongolian,they are not used in the game by any troops,about the trees...its your pc settings ,the trees are dark at night on my pc,so you have your settings on low,some shadow settings probably,dont blame the mod

xat said:
kuauik said:
xat said:

Well yes that did answer my question. I still think its retarded. As I said took town waited for week still 0 guards inside and I can't move away because random 30 units enemy is riding around.
I can either make the garrison manual and get -10 reputation so that I have to make stupid quests for town later (fetch me some ale to the other side of map will you) so that I can eventually invest in town.

It seems you guys removed auto garrison option from mod menu in 1.02 so I presume the *town management* is the auto garrison managed by townies. But as I said how long do I have to wait for them to get even 1 troop so that town won't get taken by alone lord with broken legs and arms.
No matter how I look at it its still retarded. AI lords take town town gets troops from them or otherwise. I take it, nothing happens. Mind you I took it without force as the guards just left it for me as they were to weak.
1) Did you continue old save with new revision? It can cause funny bugs even if the game runs like normal.
2) Did you select to let the town people take care of the garrison? It can be found to the town menu as manage garrison.
Those questions may sound stupid to you, but I have to ask because last time I did it it worked fine with the number of soldiers increasing quickly .... 

Jason L. said:
xat said:
kuauik said:
xat said:

1) Did you continue old save with new revision? It can cause funny bugs even if the game runs like normal.
2) Did you select to let the town people take care of the garrison? It can be found to the town menu as manage garrison.
Those questions may sound stupid to you, but I have to ask because last time I did it it worked fine with the number of soldiers increasing quickly ....

I think I was quite clear. but anyway.
1) 1.02 new clean game.
2) no I didn't I tested it in 1.00 and seen that I get -10 reputation, so I switch it back and that town got 30 guards soon after that. But that was in 1.00 on old save not in 1.02 on new save.

AS I said I can either switch to manual to give some guards and get -10 reputation, or as I did DON'T SWITCH ANYTHING and WAIT IN TOWN FOR A WEEK because its 0 GUARDS. I really did wait for a week heck building of my fortified manor just finished and I should probably go back there and get some guards, basically abandoning this stupid city that would become mine as I took it alone.

So my only option is to somehow modify module.ini or whatever file that contains the -10 reputation for switching town manageemnt, just so I can pop 5-10 ppl into the city and move on, without waiting until end of war that they decide its time to put some guards. Sad because AI takes over towns and they insta put 100+/- troops inside, but If I become marhsal/king I will have to deal with this idiocy myself.

those boots are from Native,its khergit stuff.Othr reanmed them to Mongolian,they are not used in the game by any troops,about the trees...its your pc settings ,the trees are dark at night on my pc,so you have your settings on low,some shadow settings probably,dont blame the mod
I didn't balme the mod, I was just uncertain that the textures have some issue, or my settings. My settings then...
I see, I played native warband so long time ago that I forgot about the native stuffs :grin:

mike56 said:
The only thing that makes this mod worse for some people than Europe 1200 is the number of castles and towns of the map...

Explain why its so bad? I can understand the fact that there is areas in the game where towns are bunched up together owned by one or several factions, yet it helps give most factions survivability.

PrinceNaga said:
mike56 said:
The only thing that makes this mod worse for some people than Europe 1200 is the number of castles and towns of the map...

Explain why its so bad? I can understand the fact that there is areas in the game where towns are bunched up together owned by one or several factions, yet it helps give most factions survivability.
Big map with lots on it can be very laggy...

Personally though, from a gameplay perspective with performance concerns aside, I would love there to be even more stuff! :grin:

Demidekidasu said:
PrinceNaga said:
mike56 said:

Big map with lots on it can be very laggy...

Personally though, from a gameplay perspective with performance concerns aside, I would love there to be even more stuff! :grin:

Well compared to SVN I previously played. In this version marshals are more sucesfull. In my 80 days game already about 4-5 factions are no more.
Towns change hands left and right nations expand others disappear. Just sometimes marshalls behave kinda dumb, like your town is attacked and he goes into attacking enemy town.

ANd then comes my issue with garrisons that doesn't work as I stated. Or well lets say they do works but not to well.
Town got captured by enemy than I went 1 day later and recaptured it, then waited for a week and still no guards there yay.

I might be in the minority on this issue, but I feel the AI takes other factions castles and cities too easily. Once a faction is weakened, it's only a matter of time before they are gone. I just think that once a faction is down a little bit, it should have a chance to recover. In my caravan trip to Europe from Israel, the Malmuks lost 2 cities; they are now completely gone. It gives the impression that taking a town is not really that big a deal, which (just my opinion remember) hinders the game play and makes it feel watered down. Great job though overall on the release!  :mrgreen:

I must admit, there is some steamrollage...

Currently at day 52 and England has already flattened Wales (although not actually eliminated them yet because of that annoying bug you sometimes get in Native too) and all but one Irish castle.

Speaking of the Welsh, I experienced a rather interesting episode where their last remaining noble was running around the map—with no army in tow, I might add—at warp factor 10, absolutely obsessed with the idea of raiding my village(Hornsea) for some bizarre reason. He wasn't listed as a personal enemy of mine and, in fact, I'd never even met him, so I don't know why he was so determined to raid MY village.

I gave up on trying to chase him off after about a week of Benny Hill antics and persuaded several fellow English lords to patrol around my village instead. This didn't stop him though, the English lords just apparently ignored him as he successfully raided the place in the end.

After that, I dumped all my army into my castle's garrison(Caernarfon), pressed [CTRL]+[T] and hunted the bugger down. Finally caught him near Paris (no joke) and jousted his rotten little head off in a 1v1 battle.

Quite funny, looking back, but annoying as hell at the time...

Still, the Welsh are not "eliminated" and so I've got several bands of "Cymry" (should be Cymru, BTW, as Cymry is not a word as far as I'm aware :razz:) trampling all over my lawn...

Demidekidasu said:
I must admit, there is some steamrollage...

Currently at day 52 and England has already flattened Wales (although not actually eliminated them yet because of that annoying bug you sometimes get in Native too) and all but one Irish castle.

Speaking of the Welsh, I experienced a rather interesting episode where their last remaining noble was running around the map—with no army in tow, I might add—at warp factor 10, absolutely obsessed with the idea of raiding my village(Hornsea) for some bizarre reason. He wasn't listed as a personal enemy of mine and, in fact, I'd never even met him, so I don't know why he was so determined to raid MY village.

I gave up on trying to chase him off after about a week of Benny Hill antics and persuaded several fellow English lords to patrol around my village instead. This didn't stop him though, the English lords just apparently ignored him as he successfully raided the place in the end.

After that, I dumped all my army into my castle's garrison(Caernarfon), pressed [CTRL]+[T] and hunted the bugger down. Finally caught him near Paris (no joke) and jousted his rotten little head off in a 1v1 battle.

Quite funny, looking back, but annoying as hell at the time...

Still, the Welsh are not "eliminated" and so I've got several bands of "Cymry" (should be Cymru, BTW, as Cymry is not a word as far as I'm aware :razz:) trampling all over my lawn...

The Welsh were eliminated 2 weeks in, I did not even have time to invest in anything, I had planned to help them with the English. France is almost gone at day 100, Ireland has been completely run over by Plantagenets, the malmuks are gone, and Scotland has made impressive forays into Norway almost eliminating them. 

The Golden Horde is polytheist or whatever, the southerly Mongol's converted to Islam which in turn amongst other reasons if I remember, consistently led the two factions against each other.

hi everybody, this mod is great, you guys did an awesome job.
i've played the SVN version of this mod since 0.96 and i totally love it. the thing is that i really want to download the 1.00 but i have a crappy internet service and it's almost imposible for me to download 1gb via direct download.
i know i'm being a pain in the ass, but i have the latest 0,97 revision and i was wondering if there is any way to download just a patch to update from 0.97 to 1.00, or maybe a 1.00 installer torrent download.
i'll try download it from nexus anyway, but just to be sure, what's the main difference between 0.97 and 1.00? i've gotta know what i'm missing.
thanks

batodgp said:
hi everybody, this mod is great, you guys did an awesome job.
i've played the SVN version of this mod since 0.96 and i totally love it. the thing is that i really want to download the 1.00 but i have a crappy internet service and it's almost imposible for me to download 1gb via direct download.
i know i'm being a pain in the ass, but i have the latest 0,97 revision and i was wondering if there is any way to download just a patch to update from 0.97 to 1.00, or maybe a 1.00 installer torrent download.
i'll try download it from nexus anyway, but just to be sure, what's the main difference between 0.97 and 1.00? i've gotta know what i'm missing.
thanks

Many differences are present between 0.97 and the latest version 1.0. Get 1.0, and the patch1.02, it has many more upgrades compared to 0.97; they are too innumerable to name them all.  :mrgreen: 

Oh and I am glad to see Thomas is not in here, he should not be for a good while.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom