General Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Out of interest do you plan on adding unique units to all of the towns/castles on the map? i've been having a lot of fun using the many that are currently available and am constantly surprised finding new ones.

I think it would be good if every town/castle did have it's own unique units, just floating an idea here but the ones closer to the edges of the map could have some interesting mercenaries from distant lands, for instance Asguan Castle which is located far to the east next to that pass (which is blocked with rocks in native) could have access to a far east japanese/chinese type mercenary unit "Strange Mercenaries" perhaps  :lol: to go with the sword and armour.  Likewise maybe Barrye could have a sub-saharan ethiopian or zulu merc unit and so on.

Also do the fishery's work properly? I've been in control of Balanli before right next to Tevarin castle (which is located right on the shore) and I don't have an option to build one.

Adding unique unit to each location is probably not realistic; adding in some more, however, is. I like the idea of these foreign mercenaries...any concrete suggestions you folks would like to see?

Leifdin said:
Adding unique unit to each location is probably not realistic; adding in some more, however, is. I like the idea of these foreign mercenaries...any concrete suggestions you folks would like to see?

I agree with you to some extent, that perhaps too many standard unique units would spoil their uniqueness, though perhaps if they were not military specific, e.g. a unique unit could be "Culmarr Masons" only recruitable at Culmarr Castle, renowned for it's stonework (according to Artimenner atleast)  and very expensive to recruit too (let's say 8000 gold per unit) pretty useless in a fight though when garrisoned in a fief they provide some kind of settlement bonus such as +15% Construction/Repair speed of buildings, these units being students or craftsmen who have studied/maintained the masonry of the Old Calderic Empire at the castle.

I've always wondered about this University that you're given the option to have come from in the character creation screen is located, and one thing i would really like to see in this mod is alternate ways to play the game that don't force you to be a genocidal warlord. Seeing more unique units that provide some kind of party or fief bonus would be interesting I think.

Leifdin said:

Sure, just make sure their gear isn't badly textured.

My question: I cannot see my baggage on the battle mini-map, wich means that riding back to switch gear might get somewhat akward. Is there an option that I have missed, is it a bug or is it intended to be that way?

KidKoala said:
Leifdin said:

I agree with you to some extent, that perhaps too many standard unique units would spoil their uniqueness, though perhaps if they were not military specific, e.g. a unique unit could be "Culmarr Masons" only recruitable at Culmarr Castle, renowned for it's stonework (according to Artimenner atleast)  and very expensive to recruit too (let's say 8000 gold per unit) pretty useless in a fight though when garrisoned in a fief they provide some kind of settlement bonus such as +15% Construction/Repair speed of buildings, these units being students or craftsmen who have studied/maintained the masonry of the Old Calderic Empire at the castle.
Having a troop that when garrisoned causes a boost in production time and possibly a reduction in improvement cost is a good idea and relatively easy to implement using the existing recruitment / unique system with just a new ability created to support it.  Add in a ticket.

Windyplains said:
KidKoala said:
Leifdin said:

Having a troop that when garrisoned causes a boost in production time and possibly a reduction in improvement cost is a good idea and relatively easy to implement using the existing recruitment / unique system with just a new ability created to support it.  Add in a ticket.

Thanks, will do, have been thinking out this idea a lot at work today and have thought up quite a few possible options for this so will post a ticket.

You need to go to the "team" tab and become a watcher in order to add new tickets.  We were getting hit by spam bots creating ad tickets when I dropped the permission level down to public.

Someone should pin this thread!.

Thankfully I found it before starting a new topic. Anyway, here are my questions.

1) Where can you see your companions chosen abilities?

2) I've heard of mythical mercenaries, other than the watchmen and caravan guards, it seems, a Mercenary Chapterhouse is needed, yet AI tends to wait a looong time to build those. So I am not sure if they even exist. Anyone can confirm?

3) I see a thread pinned up there called "The Lores." If anyone comes up with a good story can it be put up there?

PeTeTe809 said:
Someone should pin this thread!.

Thankfully I found it before starting a new topic. Anyway, here are my questions.

2) I've heard of mythical mercenaries, other than the watchmen and caravan guards, it seems, a Mercenary Chapterhouse is needed, yet AI tends to wait a looong time to build those. So I am not sure if they even exist. Anyone can confirm?

3) I see a thread pinned up there called "The Lores." If anyone comes up with a good story can it be put up there?

2. Sure, Varangian Guard for example. Check capital cities, they tend to build those.

3. I guess? The said person could just post it there as comment. That board isn't exactly overcrowded now.

Hello. I like this great mod well done :smile:

1. I need to hire 5 troops to start the opening quest but the guy only gives me enough silver for 1. Is there some cheaper class of troop that I'm missing?

2. How can I hire outlaws?

3. Why is nomad armor 24 defense? It has a weight of 2.0! It pretty much makes all the light and medium armor pointless. Will it be balanced in future?

Xen0tech said:
Hello. I like this great mod well done :smile:

1. I need to hire 5 troops to start the opening quest but the guy only gives me enough silver for 1. Is there some cheaper class of troop that I'm missing?

2. How can I hire outlaws?

3. Why is nomad armor 24 defense? It has a weight of 2.0! It pretty much makes all the light and medium armor pointless. Will it be balanced in future?

1. This is a bit silly, but no. I'd suggest cheating in 1000 gold (you can turn on cheat menu in camp menu and then disable it quickly); consider it bug walkaround
Speaking of that, maybe I could look into that.

2. I don't think so. There are bandit types available for hire I think.

3. Eh...what?

There are Uxhal bandits in Uxhal, Nord berserkers should be available in every Nord town and Khergit raiders are planned.

But what  does weight matter?

Swadian soldiers do not come very cheap as they have no non-affiliated tier 1 unit.  You can get watchmen (mercenary tier 1) units for 25 gold though.  Buy them in a town or castle instead of in a village.

I like the idea of Culmar Mason and other specialty troops.
and a generic troop is the easy way to implement, but I have a expanded idea below.

Specialty troops are like companions, and can't die. thus allowing them to be captured.
one per faction of each type (if possible).

Build a Crafters Guild at one location per faction.
In this guild is where the specialty troops are stationed or sent to locations.
you hire the mason, and talk to him in the crafters guild and ask him to go to Tihr for a Month.
He then joins a Caravan or Convoy going to that town.
giving the chance of him being captured.
quest is generated to rescue him.
you can then send scouts to track his location down.
once found, you can stage a raid to try and rescue him, with a chance of the leader escaping with him.
or you can pay a ransom to get him back.

when the month is up, he returns to the crafters guild with a day or two rest time before being able to go on another assignment.

Windyplains said:
Swadian soldiers do not come very cheap as they have no non-affiliated tier 1 unit.  You can get watchmen (mercenary tier 1) units for 25 gold though.  Buy them in a town or castle instead of in a village.

Thank you I didn't realise I could hire from there at first :smile: The more I play the more I appreciate and understand how well made this mod is. The mission where you need to save the merchants brother by attacking the hideout will crash the game when you rescue if the main character dies and control given to another. I believe it is because the conversation looks for main character.

Questions!

Is it possible to freelance in silverstag? Edit* never mind found the answer in faq section.

The The sprint dialogue seems a bit out of place. What are your thoughts? Also my female character grunted like a dude when I went to whistle for my horse. I been too afraid to try it again.

While playing this mod I can't use my voice activated commands software or custom keystrokes on my mouse buttons. I am very confused how thet is even possible  :???: Does silverstag block things like that?

Back
Top Bottom