SP - General Games Need More Vitality

Users who are viewing this thread

Conquerrr

Veteran
Dear Taleworlds,
Please allow me to post a duplicate post here. Although there is no substantive suggestion, I hope it will have an impact.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ll-feeling-the-game-lacks-of-vitality.440816/
After playing bannerlord for hundreds of hours, I felt emptiness and I started to think about why. At first I thought it was caused by the lack of content in the EA stage, but after careful thinking, I think the problem lies in the lack of vitality of the game.
Compared with Bannerlord, Warband does not have such a complicated system, but it is more substantiated and will not feel empty. Why? Because at least Warband has vitality. Playing warband, I know every king and lord, every unit and every npc. . . I know that every one of my companions, even pirates, are so impressed. Warband has more successfully shaped the image of computer characters in the hearts of players. Love, friendship (even family affection in some mods). . . Friends and enemies, lords and fiefs, kings and vassals, at least I can feel that they are alive.
But in Bannerlord, there are births and deaths, but they are so casual and not solemn. People are born and die every day, but so what? I don't care about the life or death of a person who has nothing to do with me! However, if I or my relatives and friends give birth to children, we should all be happy about it. My relatives and friends have passed away, and we feel sad about it; my friends congratulated them for their victory, and I comforted them and rejoiced for their safety. Family, love, friendship, I can't feel them.
With so many roles in Calradia, I only remember the kings and the main lords. I don't know my companion, I just remember what he can do for me. My companion died, find another one, and then forgot, who cares? I married my wife just for her equipment and the children who will be my heirs. There is no so-called ambiguity. I can arrest my father-in-law and go to jail. My wife will not intercede for him because she can't see this. . .
I wish I could feel more humanity, not facing robots. I hope that there will be more relationship changes and their linkages, and not only changes in relationship numbers, but tangible impacts, including changes in conversation and behavior.
I have played Kingdom Come: Deliverance these past few days. There is no doubt that it is very immersive as a role-playing game. I have also played strategy games such as Crusader Kings. The complex system is amazing. What I want to say is that Mount&Blade is a unique game type! It can learn from the excellent parts of other games, but it shouldnot lose the overall feeling of the game. This feeling is wonderful and unique, which makes people addicted. At least for now, I have found a sense of lack: the sense of substitution brought about by vitality. To be sure, Bannerlord can develop more content in the direction of military strategy, but the overall feeling of Mount&Blade shouldnot be lost in the direction of role-playing. As for how to retrieve that feeling in a less complicated system, I can't make professional suggestions.

Hell yeah!

Personality, traits, engagement, personal relations, fiests, alliances, betrayals, backstabbing, assassinations, vendettas, rivalry, friendship, plots, marriage, funerals, child- interactions, clan interactions ....
The list of possibly openings to player engagement and RPG is .. eternal! Warband had a few of them and didn't need most of them.

I totally agree i find the game is good but soulless . i don't remember any characters apart form so of the faction leaders. I want it to be more interesting . The personally traits could open more branches to characters that without the trait is closed . At least that would make characters do different things in line with there personality type. Friendships and bonds could form .We need some type of arch enemy system where a ncp really hates you and constantly is out to get you and your family (clan vs clan) . Also executions if the player can use so should the ncp's or just take it from the game. we need plotting game of thrones style poision in the kings wine for instance. At the moment in my game i am a vassel of vhlandia and get 2000gold a day have 240 men who i replace when they die ,i don't need to do anything so i just sit in my city waiting for war . Soulless and getting boring there's got to be more than just fighting even the arena is boring. i would like to all of the above in Bannerlord in other peoples posts apart from robots.

I feel like the randomized companions sounds like a great idea, but in the end it makes it soulless like it has already been mentioned. Glad I m not the only one thinking this way..

I totally agree i find the game is good but soulless . i don't remember any characters apart form so of the faction leaders. I want it to be more interesting . The personally traits could open more branches to characters that without the trait is closed . At least that would make characters do different things in line with there personality type. Friendships and bonds could form .We need some type of arch enemy system where a ncp really hates you and constantly is out to get you and your family (clan vs clan) . Also executions if the player can use so should the ncp's or just take it from the game. we need plotting game of thrones style poision in the kings wine for instance. At the moment in my game i am a vassel of vhlandia and get 2000gold a day have 240 men who i replace when they die ,i don't need to do anything so i just sit in my city waiting for war . Soulless and getting boring there's got to be more than just fighting even the arena is boring. i would like to all of the above in Bannerlord in other peoples posts apart from robots.
I think family relationships and personal relationships can be distinguished but are interrelated. For example, family relationship = (family leader relationship + average relationship of other family members)/2.

I feel like the randomized companions sounds like a great idea, but in the end it makes it soulless like it has already been mentioned. Glad I m not the only one thinking this way..
It is not impossible to add life to a companion in such a random companion system, but functions like the encyclopedia must be reformed. The encyclopedia is that the player is born as a god and knows everything.

Back
Top Bottom