SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Game Progression and tied in things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Timmortal

Knight at Arms
I think one of the major issues with Bannerlord at the moment is how the game progresses.
This can be put partially down to 2-3 things.

Character/Companion leveling:

I think you need to up the speed at which we earn ability and or skill points to maybe 1 per level, you could likely slow down the general xp gain after doing that, do balance it out. At the moment you get stopped in your progression in certain fields far to often and often have to completely forget about forintance healing if you want to try blacksmithing, while its okay to jo be able to master everything its too locked at the moment.
I think companions need to spawn at a lower level in the game, when you get most companions now, most of their skills are far beyound where they can get any xp gain, so you might get a healer with 80 in healing, but then only 1 or 2 in intelligens, while having weapons skills at a 120, but already far into the red, making it almost impossible to gain further xp for the healer. Companions in general should feel more like we have a hand in guiding them to their purpose.

So to sum it up. More control over how you level up yourself and your companions by giving more points, but maybe lowering xp gain in general.

Economy/Army management:

Many say that the economy of handling an army is far to expensive because we dont earn enough money and that caravan and workshop income is to blame. I think lowering the income of those two was absolutely the right choice, issue is its actually far to easy to earn money in Bannerlord, just get into a war and defeat a few lords and you are set. I think the issue is, at far to early a time in the game, you can get an army size of 60-120, ofcourse you will have issues paying them, but when you get to that size you can deafeat lords, issue is, you need to be at war all the time to keep positive income.
I would say that to solve these issues in your game, you should lower how fast we get access to a big army, its waaaaay to easy to get there at the moment, causing alot of people to just hire the max they can, only to see all their money drain away. If you lowered the total amount of troops we can hire, by either limiting reknown gain or by lowering how much all bonuses give to furher army size, you would reduce the economy problem of workshops being "useless". It would also mean players actually got to experience more of the midgame quests, instead of just skipping them as they become almost pointless when you have a big army defeating all individual lords you meet. You could put this as a campaing slider option where you can change how easy you want to to be to get a big army fast, that way the people who still want to get to "midgame" army size in a couple of hours can still do so, but those who want the full experience of making their own story from rags to riches, wont feel they have already done it in a few hours. An other added on idea here could be to have mercenary troops not count towards army population count, as they are not there out of loyalty or because of oaths taken, but mainly for the money you pay them, this would make mercernary troops far more interesting and relevant in the game.

So to sum it up. Lower possible army size in early-mid game, to avoid people running out of money buy having to pay far to many troops, this would fix some of the economy and to fast game progression issues.

Regards Tim.

Back
Top Bottom