Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Users who are viewing this thread

TheFlyingFishy said:
Errrrr...I did? Maybe you should read more? I said he'd be okay with risking a fight given the right circumstances. I'm of the opinion that he'd do more than want to fight him, if he had a decent chance.

The only right circumstances would be one where his brother isn't an unkillable zombie in full plate armor.

Lightsaber edit aside, the start of this was the moment that severed all suspension of disbelief for the battle scene for me. I wonder if he'd have had the strength to pull it off without spinning.

I think that was just a slightly misperformed stunt. Realistically he wouldn't have went flying back, but I think they didn't pull off what they were going for very well.

Indeed. Great episode to end the season with. I must admit, I think it's the best season-closure so far.

Well well, a lot to end with and to look forward with next season.

Everyone could've seen the wildfire plot coming, what I however did not expect. Was the people that would die in it. (rip Tyrells) With the result of Tommen's suicide.

The bastard (or well, not really a bastard) who got named king of the north, really liked this scene in particular. Mormont girl rocks like always and it was nice to see some of the remaining lords of the North. (Manderly, Cerwyn). It surely will be interesting to see how this will influence the relation with Sansa and John. I'm wondering tho what Baelish's next step would be. It kinda looked like the lords of the Vale went happily with the new King in the North thing. So I guess it's unsure if they are that loyal to Baelish in the future.

Then you have Cersei who turned in to a cold-blooded psychopath that somehow managed to claim the Iron Throne for herself. But oh well, by the looks of it that won't last long.

I do however think they really overly done it with the insane alliance going on here. Tyrells, Martells, Ironborn, Dothraki and dragons. Both the Martells and Tyrells have pretty much their entire armies intact because both barely saw any real action that would've inflicted heavy casualties unlike the Lannisters.

I actually liked Lancel.

Great episode. It tied up a bunch of loose ends, and left enough of a story to feed on the hype for another year. But now it's gonna be another year. :sad:

After all this though, I kind of feel bad for the High Sparrow. Sure his scenes were annoying, but his failure to realize that Cersei was plotting something meant he believed in her, and that last moment of somber realization before he lights up seem to show he might have actually just been an old religious fanatic,(not that that's much better...) rather than a hypocritical church-powerplayer

I could have done without Margaery and Loras getting cooked, but I guess them loose ends need tying.

I'm not entirely sure the Faceless Men would be okay with some freelancer going around using their secret murder techniques. They're, like, really, really protective of those. Also, where did she get that face? Did she just stab some servant girl and take it? Did she sneak one out in her pocket when she left Braavos?

Some things happened a little too fast for my liking, but overall it was a great episode. And at this point, things kind of have to go fast if we're going to get everything in place for a satisfying finale. Hopefully with so much being done this episode they can take their time a little more where it matters most.

Arriguy said:
After all this though, I kind of feel bad for the High Sparrow. Sure his scenes were annoying, but his failure to realize that Cersei was plotting something meant he believed in her, and that last moment of somber realization before he lights up seem to show he might have actually just been an old religious fanatic,(not that that's much better...) rather than a hypocritical church-powerplayer

I thought that was the point. He's not any better than the nobles he's claiming to be bringing justice to. He's blinded by his faith, and his goal isnt the good of the kingdom, it's to make the Faith the highest power instead of the monarchy. Presumably with him at the head. He's so far removed from the regular political workings of the kingdom that he can't fathom a future where he loses, because he has the gods on his side.

TheFlyingFishy said:
I could have done without Margaery and Loras getting cooked, but I guess them loose ends need tying.

I'm not entirely sure the Faceless Men would be okay with some freelancer going around using their secret murder techniques. They're, like, really, really protective of those. Also, where did she get that face? Did she just stab some servant girl and take it? Did she sneak one out in her pocket when she left Braavos?

Some things happened a little too fast for my liking, but overall it was a great episode. And at this point, things kind of have to go fast if we're going to get everything in place for a satisfying finale. Hopefully with so much being done this episode they can take their time a little more where it matters most.
Well, they have until next February to get their **** together.  I'll be happy till then.

Lord Brutus said:
TheFlyingFishy said:

Well, they have until next February to get their **** together.  I'll be happy till then.

They needed to free up some acting salaries for the dragon CGI budget.

Back
Top Bottom