Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Users who are viewing this thread

Not Cersei - Tommen and Maraery (and maybe the High Septon, too). Cersei's the one who'll be using the Wildfire. Why do you think they've been showing Qyburn so much in her scenes (keeping in mind that the show kind of conflates Qyburn with the Alchemists)?

Maybe she'll die from the fire that she causes, but I'm guessing not. I'm guessing that a certain valonqar comes in to finish the job.

Amontadillo said:
Sorry Brutus, but Martin has repeatedly said that it's not gonna be some big "good guys vs bad guys" "war to save the world".
Well, that's what his books have been implying since the beginning.  Two lurking menaces, white walkers and Dany.  What's he gonna do, have some War of the Worlds crap where bacteria kill the white walkers?  :lol:

Of course that's what it's implying, it was also implying Ned would be the primary character and survive the first book.

Implying a more "typical" storyline, so to say, and then doing something else entirely, is kind of the staple of ASOIAF.

Am I the only one who's fed up with hearing certain people rattle on ad nauseam about how Dany's invasion of Westeros and the White Walkers are absolutely, positively, the only things that matter in this show? For ****'s sake, you people are like a broken record playing a lousy Taylor Swift song.

Ninja'd.

I think people are not saying it enough and instead get side-tracked by talking about hobbits eating shepherd pie or whatever boring crap is happening in the non-dragon, non-ice-zombie parts of the show.

MOAR DRAGONS, MOAR WHITE WALKERS, less LOTR-fanfiction-meets-war-of-the-roses

As far as I know, they want to go on up until season 8.

So my wild guess is that Varys will go to Dorne, since he fleed King's Landing just after Tywin's death - which is suspicious. There, he will settle an alliance between Dany and the girls, because they are all girlpower and have something personal against the Lannisters. So season 7 will be North against Lannisters all over again - with tragic Brienne vs Jaime last fight - vs Daenerys. For this to happen, Cersei needs to survive and the fanatics have to go. Also, Mountain has to fight Hound. Can't believe they cancelled that. And season 8 will be zombie invasion. Despite whatev Martin says...

Sandor would never fight Gregor. Not because he wouldn't want to, but because he's not a ****ing moron. Especially now that Gregor is some sort of zombiefied killing machine.

I'm not 100% sure of that. He did fight him in season one when he went after Loras, though the case could be made that he hedged his bets on the king making them stop before The Mountain got the better of him. Given the right circumstances, I think he'd be okay with taking the chance to kill his brother.

Errrrr...I did? Maybe you should read more? I said he'd be okay with risking a fight given the right circumstances. I'm of the opinion that he'd do more than want to fight him, if he had a decent chance.

Back
Top Bottom