SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

I"m enjoying the mod, good job on making such a large map smooth, I was worried about lag, but no problem. Anyway, after defeat of several of the enemy lords on the screen where you talk to them they many times say "I'm busy" and you have no speech option to say anything to them or capture or release them. They automatically get away when this screen shows up, but it's not happened with every single after battle speech.

-The maesters are very, very rare, the only one that seems to be consistently available is at Winterfell.

-I haven't figured out the book reading mechanic, supposedly you have to find someone to teach you to read, I've been in most throne rooms looking for maesters and I've never seen anyone that fits the description of a reading teacher.

Freemarf said:
The wound system needs an option to toggle off, or at the very least a massive redesign. You can't make it so that a) it becomes permanent if not cured and b) it also costs a ****ton to heal and c) maesters are not so common.

@Arcius: there is an option to take personal leave, at least I have the option (didn't try to use it)

The option is there, but selecting it returns a message saying something like "you're a part of my army, you can't just leave" (paraphrasing). I'm not sure if there is some situation where they will let you take leave, but I didn't find one. Not sure if that's a feature of a newer Freelancer version or specific to this mod, but it's problematic when combined with the wound system.

Chiksika said:
-I haven't figured out the book reading mechanic, supposedly you have to find someone to teach you to read, I've been in most throne rooms looking for maesters and I've never seen anyone that fits the description of a reading teacher.

The maester at the Citadel in Oldtown can teach you to read, I think it was around 2500 stags, but I wasn't really paying attention (just looking for healing, which that maester cannot do).

Arcius said:
Chiksika said:

The maester at the Citadel in Oldtown can teach you to read, I think it was around 2500 stags, but I wasn't really paying attention (just looking for healing, which that maester cannot do).

There is one in Highgarden, Harrenhal, King's Landing, Winterfell, and the Wall.

So I think I've encountered a bug. I started a kingdom after being allied with the North for quite a while and doing some stuff with them. Upon starting my kingdom and being at war with the Westerlands with literally no lords by my side (but heavily distracted from me due to the other factions that are at war with them), I've tried to obtain RtR (Right to Rule). I've gotten married, I've defeated Tywin Lannister in combat, defending my lands in a dozen different occurrences, sent a companion out and returned, and even luckily got a lord to join me. In all of this, it should equate to at the very least, 9 RtR. But for some reason, my RtR is still at 0 and won't budge. I've checked on it numerous times even immediately after attempting some of the above mentioned gains, and it won't increase what-so-ever.

Not sure if this is a bug or what, but it makes owning a kingdom extremely difficult.

P.S. I really love this mod :razz: the tutorial quests really put you into the sandbox mode really well. Can't wait for the white walker invasion :razz: Dunno what about this mod makes it feel much better than other GoT mods, but I really do love it.

Textures suggestion:

Sellswords from Essos (Game  of Thrones Season 6, Episode 9)

https://i.gyazo.com/1486a83a3712b55f16b3590dac92e036.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/df5da7ae139557bc8c4ccfec84ffe2c3.jpg

Sellswords from Essos (Game  of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4)

https://i.gyazo.com/0bb47b1b45575ec389a62b0f1259eed7.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/29d90b62e392003d404a56430b5fe8b0.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/ec4867b9ff03735737abc475d41769ed.jpg (MOUNTED SELLSWORD)

A few things to consider.

1) More polearms. Medieval armies were often made up of people using pole weapoms.
2) I can't find maces or hammers.
3) I had a blunt tourney lance and could not capture enemys I had knocked out.
4) Myr and the reach should have cross bows.
5) **** the Kettlebacks
6) Is there any way you could add the tournament system from Floris?
7) At least on 1 play through Lannisport had a bunch of salt to trade.
:cool: I wouldn't mind more villages/castles. Particularly in essos.

All in all, I like how the mod is going. I feel you have some lore/balancing issues to work out bur I'm digging it so far.

I'm having another problem, I've wiped out the Westland faction, they were at war with multiple factions, but I captured most of their lands. Anyway, I desperately need Lords, I only have Brienne and 2 good-guy Lannister men. Joffrey's in my prison, said on the notes he joined my faction, no way he's going to rot LOL. My other companions are too low level  for now. 100 days after the faction elimination the Westland lords are hiding out with 4 or 5 troops, they won't join any other faction. I see in the patch notes " Fixed an issue where some Lords would stay as part of an eliminated faction." I'd sure like to snag a couple of them, I talk to them with a high persuasion skill, and 100 relations with many of them, but they still want to stay with their wiped out faction and stupidly try to raid my towns with their 5 men. If there's no way to get lords from defeated factions, or any other, it is hopeless to try to start your own kingdom, companions aren't enough and it takes them a very long time to get any efficiency at all, with the exception of Brienne.

Edit: Another 150 days in game, no change for the defeated faction lords, however the problem I thought I had with snagging lords is resolved. Dorne is getting smashed by the Reach, down to 1 town, and I was able to convince 5 of their very upstanding lords to my cause.

Couple other things I've noticed, not a criticism, but just to aid you in being aware of them,.
1. There is no access to the prison in Arbor that I could see, so rescuing captured lords problematic.
2. Casterly Rock has some path-finding problems for assaulting troops. A short stone stairway in particular is used by defenders coming down to fight your troops can't be used by your assault force. They can slaughter your troops with ranged weapons without your infantry being able to retaliate, they just run in place.

valhalla_bound said:

1) More polearms. Medieval armies were often made up of people using pole weapoms.
5) **** the Kettlebacks

All in all, I like how the mod is going. I feel you have some lore/balancing issues to work out bur I'm digging it so far.

2 - you can buy them from towns. I remember getting a mace from king's landing

3 - capturing prisoners is being fixed

4 - the Reach used longbows in the sept scene in season 6. Why do people think they use crossbows? I think Frey units should use crossbows.

Indo_95 said:
valhalla_bound said:

5) **** the Kettlebacks

4 - the Reach used longbows in the sept scene in season 6. Why do people think they use crossbows? I think Frey units should use crossbows.

Book lore.

Could someone share their video settings? My game has weird see-through bushes everywhere. I'm thinking it's a problem with the grass texture not working on my current video settings but I can't seem to make it go away.

Its great. Finally I feel it is beefy enough for a full fledged campaign. However I do have some criticisms. I'll play and post them here as i do so.

*Bow projectiles seem too slow and lacking in punch. This may be the setting but they dont seem much changed from the stock Brytenwalda bows. They need to be faster and more powerful.

*Riverlands bows contrast very wierdly with riverlands troops. They just look too bright in comparison with everything else, and as such the bowmen look a wee bit uniform. Differently modeled and colored bows would help here. They're all white as it is now.

*Riverlands Outrider is spelled OutRider. Looks kind of ugly to see.

*Kings Landing falls too quickly. The Westerlands are simply beset upon by all sides. They need a buff. Other factions need to be harrassed by each other in some way to keep it balanced. I think the Iron Islands should join sooner and declare a war on the north and the riverlands, although indeed it isn't exactly lore friendly.

*There could be a greater variety of helmets, such as kettles. For all the criticisms I have for ACOK, it utilizes OSP VERY well. Unless you are trying explicitly to do things differently, I would use a lot of good OSP out there that is just perfect for high/late middle ages and got as well. Kettle helms for one fit the rugged world of Westeros perfectly, and I am yet to see them. Cozur isn't using his own models in this sense, so I don't see why he should any more than you.

*This goes for weapons as well. I like the existing weapons though the presence of certain vanilla ones irks me, even if retextured. There are simply better OSP alternatives. 15th century weapon pack might have a good deal of useful ones.

*The horses seem a tad bit too fast, but this may not be a flaw, just not perfectly aligned with my tastes.

*The main menu art for when you pres Esc isn't very fitting. Its from Knights the Last Battle/War of the Roses/Hundred Years War and definitely fits that European theme more

*The inn at kings landing looks unremarkably dull and quite out of place for such a big and important city/landmark. A unique scene or at the very least a stone spacey inn, the likes of which are in native, would do the place justice. Goes for a few other inns and places too but generally tis no biggie.

So far that is it. Otherwise, the mod is so much more playable and enjoyable, and much richer than the other GoT mod, which is alas all flash and no substance, not in terms of gameplay at the very least.

This is how I always envisioned a GoT mod. It could use some polish here and there, usually in the littlest of places, but the detail and variety, oh my. Like separate Frey/Riverlands troops and all the companions that I actually WANT to have around. I mean the GoT universe has perfect and relatable companions as if created just to fit perfectly into a GoT MB mod. Thank God you had the good sense to actually use them as I believe most people would want. :smile:

Your mod does so many things right I'm astonished. In fact, the only thing the other mod does genuinely better is, if this makes any sense, the way gear is distributed and leveled among shops and troops, and in terms of loot. Same goes for the use of OSP items. Cozur handled the variety of weapons and weapon types wielded quite perfectly, which is something I think this mod might still improve upon a little. For example, maces seem to be seldom used by troops and are seldom seen in shops, and those that are there, that I've seen so far, seem quite useless, whereas in AGOT their role was made distinct and special, achieved through meddling with stats of the items quite thoroughly.

I'd also like to see more levies rely on spears. Together with overhead stab and perhaps a couple additional stance animations, this would achieve a lovely effect.

Now I could go on about just how many things this mod does right, but I have to sleep.

Once again Produno, thank you for not being Cozur and listening to your community. Your mod is a force to be reckoned with now. Thank you

valhalla_bound said:
Indo_95 said:
valhalla_bound said:

5) **** the Kettlebacks

Book lore.

When in the books does george go into specifics about reach crossbows? I mean, I'm sure they use them.

Matthieu said:
Could someone share their video settings? My game has weird see-through bushes everywhere. I'm thinking it's a problem with the grass texture not working on my current video settings but I can't seem to make it go away.

Turn on shadows on grass/plants to full

@YourStepDad

Some very good thorough points from you as always. Certainly some things for me to look at for v1.1.

If you could point me to the weapons OSP that would be great!

Mod looks fantastic, but I appear to have an issue regarding textures or rendering or something along those lines. For me whenever I join a battle all of the foliage (I think they're supposed to be bushes?) appears as white polygons all over the map. Does anyone have any guesses as to why these are appearing?

F6yoyxm

Thorvald said:
Mod looks fantastic, but I appear to have an issue regarding textures or rendering or something along those lines. For me whenever I join a battle all of the foliage (I think they're supposed to be bushes?) appears as white polygons all over the map. Does anyone have any guesses as to why these are appearing?

F6yoyxm

Turning grass off in game options worked for me, just lowering the settings didn't work, I had to turn it completely off.

Back
Top Bottom