SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

No worries. No offence taken :smile:.

If some issues were not pointed out by fans then they would probably never be seen by myself. The majority of work is carried out by myself so some things do get missed.

So you dont want more help? Just spotting bugs?

Oke, so as you read in reddit (where you replied to me), I started a new game. And realised there was a bug on the first battle (which was meant to be a always lose battle), but I did win it thanks to the bug and the scene does nothing, I press tab to quit it and nope, wont let me (picture 4). I picked up a long sword from a lannister knight I focused at the start when he was focusing the peasants, and was pushed to this spot (picture 1), where surprisingly they wouldnt come.

With the long sword, i just had to dodge their attack and then hit back, with no pressure that they'll run on me. But with some patience I made it up, but receiving 2 hits (image 3). I cant quit this scene so I guess im having to alt f4, and start again. Or can I do some quit fix?

Image 1: was pushed to the spot
S63RALq.jpg

Image 2: making up the advantage that they couldnt go on me, i slowly were killing them
Tw0xUSM.jpg

Image 3: made it! but now what?
zrRwv1s.jpg

Image 4: press tab? cant quit :/
FQp0x4x.jpg

Tryin to help spottin out the glitches.. do not take it bad pls

Could i chat with you through steam / skype? thanks in advance!

You're a pure Stark Warrior Ralyks :mrgreen: I think maybe you can make a sub mod with tweak MB  and Morgh's editor (its for changing trops stats troops trees and gear isn't it ?) you look being a guy with good attention to detail of the troops and knowing nicely GOT lore so you could impress us :wink: Could be for yourself or not.

Ralyks18 said:
So you dont want more help? Just spotting bugs?

Oke, so as you read in reddit (where you replied to me), I started a new game. And realised there was a bug on the first battle (which was meant to be a always lose battle), but I did win it thanks to the bug and the scene does nothing, I press tab to quit it and nope, wont let me (picture 4). I picked up a long sword from a lannister knight I focused at the start when he was focusing the peasants, and was pushed to this spot (picture 1), where surprisingly they wouldnt come.

With the long sword, i just had to dodge their attack and then hit back, with no pressure that they'll run on me. But with some patience I made it up, but receiving 2 hits (image 3). I cant quit this scene so I guess im having to alt f4, and start again. Or can I do some quit fix?

Image 1: was pushed to the spot
S63RALq.jpg

Image 2: making up the advantage that they couldnt go on me, i slowly were killing them
Tw0xUSM.jpg

Image 3: made it! but now what?
zrRwv1s.jpg

Image 4: press tab? cant quit :/
FQp0x4x.jpg

Tryin to help spottin out the glitches.. do not take it bad pls

Could i chat with you through steam / skype? thanks in advance!

You haven't killed all the enemies, if you want to successfully finish the fight, head towards the Red Keep. There are about 7 more warriors. 2 inf and 5 xbowmen if I recall correctly.
Unfortunately, if you beat them all, nothing special happens. You appear in a prison with those Stark allies. Might've been changed with the newest version of the mod though.

Sir Marek said:
You haven't killed all the enemies, if you want to successfully finish the fight, head towards the Red Keep. There are about 7 more warriors. 2 inf and 5 xbowmen if I recall correctly.
Unfortunately, if you beat them all, nothing special happens. You appear in a prison with those Stark allies. Might've been changed with the newest version of the mod though.

:shock: true, the scene is HUGE and i had trouble finding that red castle. I was stranged that at the start of the battle, those lannister knights and infantry were on charge mode, chasing you and the citizens all around, but the castle ones weren't? Those only chase once you enter the castle, if you ran away, they go back to their original position, so again you can repeat the charging trick. There were 3 infantry on the outer part, and 4 more infantry once you go over the bridge further in.. I got down 2 of those 4 and then died finally, and started the mod being lvl 3  :party: :party: :party:

Im sorry I cant say if it works as its supposed to, as I got beaten down by the fort guards, but... the glitch is still there in the scene. I may retry it with cheats on and knock them down to test..

Armaury said:
You're a pure Stark Warrior Ralyks :mrgreen: I think maybe you can make a sub mod with tweak MB  and Morgh's editor (its for changing trops stats troops trees and gear isn't it ?) you look being a guy with good attention to detail of the troops and knowing nicely GOT lore so you could impress us :wink: Could be for yourself or not.

Thanks! Yeh, fk lannisters, only Tyrion was a cool guy, and maybe Tommen. I doubt the mod is open source, so I cant just get it and do some quick fixes and post it as mine, thats why I offered my help rather.  :grin:

Hi @ all,

I only started to play that mood yesterday I like the overland map icons of the Citys... but I am kinda confused. Like in this Mod my Army guys desert, so that entertainment thing like Singing and talking is to keep them in line and Moral up?

What is with the in Town management like buying land? Also Harbour with ships? I only played so far 2 mods like Warsword and the other Games of Thrones Mod aCoK what turned out to be buggy.

- One Questions about the Mod Storyline, like in the start you have to chose the naming if its from the Book or TV show is the rest the same like 1:1 on the books and you just unlock with each quest the progress of the war?

LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
Like in this Mod my Army guys desert, so that entertainment thing like Singing and talking is to keep them in line and Moral up?
Put some points in to "entertainment" skill- or build one of companions with high Charisma level, as it is personal skill. Also having vine/beer/mead in the inventory is helpful.
LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
What is with the in Town management like buying land?
The land you buy in town is rented to locals and periodically they pay rent. Trick is, that you need to collect money from them personally, so it is best buy land in the cities not far from where you spend most of your time. I personally just buy it and visit it only then I'm short on cash or before large expenses (like the large siege, for example).
LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
I only played so far 2 mods like Warsword and the other Games of Thrones Mod aCoK what turned out to be buggy.
This mod is build on Brytenwalda, so its very, very different than vanilla.

@ Dulgakhor

Thanks man  :grin:

One more Questions about like the Story is it unlocked more and more by each quest taken or what happens If I do not quests does the story progress by itself I selected Static Wars in the menu.

i just wonder like lets say I do not deliver the Raven message to Stannis he then never knows he is the True king? Or does he still know like Robb Stark where the first Quest was to find him to report what happen and he said he already know.

LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
One more Questions about like the Story is it unlocked more and more by each quest taken or what happens If I do not quests does the story progress by itself I selected Static Wars in the menu.
Diplomacy preferences are just for your personal taste: do you prefer vanilla MB- style diplomacy or Westeros locked in Five kings war?
Quests lines goes the same in both cases. At the moment Rob quest line is unfinished and buged, while Stannis one is buged on very first quest. Only major quest line that is finished and working is Targs invasion (go to royal palace in Kings Landing and talk with Varis to start it).
LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
i just wonder like lets say I do not deliver the Raven message to Stannis he then never knows he is the True king? Or does he still know like Robb Stark where the first Quest was to find him to report what happen and he said he already know.
Stannis knows. In the books, he learned about incest by other means (most likely Littlefinger told him).

Is it bugged the special mission of "Bridges and Bones" (almost at the start)? The Bridge of Skulls opens up a strange dialogue and the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch shows up a special dialogue of the claimant, being the player that claimant, being this: "I've met in my travels one who calls himself [player name]...". Is it just me??

Well the bounty hunter Missions are bugged too, you have to twice kill a guy in the village to get the bounty and then return to Tavern Keeper.

I would have a question about the story line like the Quest would they advance like to the last book? I played the other GoT mod too it starts around the same time maybe both Mod teams could join forces and make a new mod together?

LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
I played the other GoT mod too it starts around the same time maybe both Mod teams could join forces and make a new mod together?

:facepalm: you seem not to know the ACOK dev. Cozur is a great mod dev, he did the entire mod and scenes on his own, but as a person... he's usually a douchebag. He calls his fans idiots and sometimes he gets really rude and lets not say about he gives 0 f*cks about fan's suggestions or problems.

One recent proof: https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/4kdrbs/mods_a_clash_of_kings_vs_a_world_of_ice_and_fire/d3eg1u8

Thats why I doubt nor he nor produno will want their mod down to focus on the other's mod, and any dispute they have about the lore and quests, I think Cozur will just quit it. If both had nothing, they may try to help each other with a single mod, but with all the job that they did already, I guess they want to keep it personal and ... unique.  :mrgreen:

ACOK is a good mod but i don't know why the character design is so bad but scenes are great and global polish adn atention to detail is huge, i follow ACOK since start and i saw it becoming a very popuplar mod one of the most popular mod of all mods in mod DB so Cozur is probably more expose than much modders and he got a bad reputation little by little and look being not so cooperative when much Warband modders are; making him look like a "solo darth modder" (even if in fact there is people helping him). Despite all this i often said what i was thinking is good or not about his mod, and then he cares or not, personnally i never had problems with Cozur, but it seems many had problems, i think at start Cozur was not very communtative and then the things go worst and worst.

I totally agree with Ralyks i think you will never see Cozur in a team he is not the leader, even if he did much work on his mod many guys are helping him now especially good sceners and for people it's always "Cozur's mod".

That's not stupid to think people should team up, the best mods have been done by splendid teams. :eek: There should be kind of tabloids or blogs that speak about the life and scandals of  famous modders :mrgreen:

Honestly, I think both mods are broken, Acok I can not play anymore since day 44 Kings Landing did fall and Renly is King and has executed all the others... and the Invasions are doomed to fail. This fire and Ice mod I try also but like there are bugs in it as well.

I only think it would had been more logic people join forces but I guess from what i just read it be impossible. What will the modders do when Bannerlords comes out? I guess the Code can be imported at least.

You're right last action hero, with Bannerlord there will be a "new hope" new teams ancient and new modders ! Many  ancient modders are waiting Bannerlord to launch others project. For what i know ACOK AND AWOIF will continue on Bannerlord.

LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
Honestly, I think both mods are broken, Acok I can not play anymore since day 44 Kings Landing did fall and Renly is King and has executed all the others... and the Invasions are doomed to fail. This fire and Ice mod I try also but like there are bugs in it as well.

I only think it would had been more logic people join forces but I guess from what i just read it be impossible. What will the modders do when Bannerlords comes out? I guess the Code can be imported at least.
Try version 2.1, in 2.2 Cozur tried new things...people is testing and giving feedback, think of it like Windows 8  :mrgreen:

Also both mods arent "broken" since they are not finished...and even if no more updates come both are of excelent quality as they are now.

Cozur is an idiot.

Not only is everything locked, but so are the abilities to manipulate kingdoms into going to war through quests. It is also nigh impossible to persuade kings to declare war to anyone for any reason whatsoever, particulary those at peace. Essos is stagnant, where it should be warring, spawning armies don't do jack but go extinct because the wiseass hasn't thought of giving them fiefs. He clearly didn't think it through and instead of acknowledging it he's like "Its not an issue with the game. Its your issue with factions not doing what you want them to." Something along these lines, paraphrasing here. Supporting a claimaint is a pointless grind that ultimately leads you no real rewards, even if succesful.

The mod is painfully predictable and thus STILL all flash and no substance. It is utterly broken, and he is nothing short of a tool in his insistence that it is as it should be or that this is in any shape or form a good, desirable thing.

Don't get me wrong, his mod undisputably has good things. The troop trees are fairly amazing, as are the battles, scenes and general equipment. But everything else is either lackluster, executed poorly or found wanting. It still lacks soul.

Nearly all the companions, for example, are utterly unrelatable and uninteresting. So much potential with the characters of the show as companions and claimants yet he chooses to throw it ALL out of the water.

I could go on but eh. Sad, really, as with some simple revisions his mod could reach new heights.

Hence why I put all my hopes in this mod, as it seems to be doing everything better.

Back
Top Bottom