Game is too easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

zengry

Recruit
I have been playing bannerlord since launch with over 1400 hours, when i first started i couldnt do anything to survive but after time and knowing how everything works playing on max difficulty is still really no competition. The best part i really do like is ironman mode but the problem is that i did two playthroughs with it and lost the files and the whole game is just gone, so im forced to play sandbox. It would be awesome to see some sort of difficulty and challenges a kingdom needs to do, risk/reward tasks,quests for the kingdom and let it rather hurt you or benefit you. For the Vet players
of this game its really too simple and no competition, and when you have perks it makes it that much easier, I only use perks and skills that limit me to make it more of a challenge, i dont use steward, tactics, medicine, scout or anything, basically just my meele and range. But I want to see if anyone has any good suggestions for taleworld to add something to make the game harder for vets, rather another difficulty, a new type of survival
mode. I love the game but it needs some spice for mid game and late game.

I want "I'm a potato" mode where the main character has zero skills and can't gain any. I want this to show how petty the skills and perks are and how little it even effects the game to not have them at all.

Yes, game is far too easy if you chose "Realistic" difficulty.

Removing enemy army size on the strat map, just showing an estimate - "Looks very large - Looks large - Looks moderate - Looks small " etc etc would be a simple fix to make it harder on realistic.

You could then have a "Tactics" trait of "Deception" - Where a small army appears Large or visa Versa.

The above is only for the player, AI sees numbers

Last edited:
Wish the game would punish you, (not in a buggy, glitchy, crashy etc. sorta way).

-You get captured, they'll punish you.

-You ran from battle and a lord was with you, he'll seek revenge on you for being a coward.

-You don't have money or food for your men, they'll try to take over your party.

-Disease, it can kill you and your men and everyone!

-Got injured in battle, well suffer the injuries that could last hours, days, weeks, months, years, even life time!!!

-Has a pretty face, nope, someone shot an arrow at your face during battle, now you have a nasty scar, MWWWHAHAHAH!!!!

I can go on but you get the point lol

A bit of consequences are good, but tailoring the game to punish the player at the drop of the hat is bad design.
What is good design is to make success harder so as to make the player feels he really accomplished something.

So instead of trying to find occasions to punish the player, instead try to find goals that makes him feel like he did something of consequence.
Like :
- Having to gain nobility rather than a flimsy excuse to get it from the beginning.
- Making money harder to gain/keep (fixing loot bonanza and smithing, basically).
- Adding, in general, many more social interactions which depends on the social standing of the character (wanderer, leader of a company, mercenary, noble, vassal, liege, etc.).

Wish the game would punish you, (not in a buggy, glitchy, crashy etc. sorta way).

-You ran from battle and a lord was with you, he'll seek revenge on you for being a coward.

-You don't have money or food for your men, they'll try to take over your party.

-Got injured in battle, well suffer the injuries that could last hours, days, weeks, months, years, even life time!!!

-Has a pretty face, nope, someone shot an arrow at your face during battle, now you have a nasty scar, MWWWHAHAHAH!!!!

This and death chance (if there is an heir, you get a death chance in combat or something like this).

Be careful what you wish, developer might want buff your enemies in game to be invincible, unkillable to ensure game can't be easy and you are guarantee to lose game, no matter how hard you try, no matter how chesse you try, or even use cheat trainer, you still lose because Developer might sick someone said game easy, then developer had revenge on player who said game easy, those who hadn't said game is easy might suffer because they like easy game or enjoy easy game but game ruined.

Nah, I don't believe developer would go that far.

Don't think it's a smart move to design a game based on feedback of the 0.0001% of players with 1400+ hours in the game. No offense. I think at that point, you should look to mods for increased difficulty.

99% of players are not going to put more than 100 hours in, so those first 100 hours should be all that is needed for a single satisfying playthrough which is where most people will stop.

Don't think it's a smart move to design a game based on feedback of the 0.0001% of players with 1400+ hours in the game. No offense. I think at that point, you should look to mods for increased difficulty.
Okay but this topic was specifically about options the player can choose to make it harder. I agree and I give lots of feedback with new players in mind and based on reading the many many issues people have learning the game. But I do think some setting for increased difficulty in various ways would be good, maybe they could be unlocked by reaching certain milestones in the game (for next playthrough) so they wouldn't be available to tourists and game jurnos?

Yeah this would be good to have as an option, however I will say any obstacle added needs a remedy too, for instance just "sometimes _______ and you lose troops" isn't good unless "you can _______ to prevent ______ at a cost" to balance it out. Of course this may be too many codes to right for an optional mode, maybe better for a mod, and reminders me of some things I've seen in warband mods. I know in Nova Aetas I would get something like the obese trait because I didn't have enough food variety or some other bad trait for not having good equipment, fun stuff.

A bit of consequences are good, but tailoring the game to punish the player at the drop of the hat is bad design.
What is good design is to make success harder so as to make the player feels he really accomplished something.

So instead of trying to find occasions to punish the player, instead try to find goals that makes him feel like he did something of consequence.
Like :
- Having to gain nobility rather than a flimsy excuse to get it from the beginning.
- Making money harder to gain/keep (fixing loot bonanza and smithing, basically).
- Adding, in general, many more social interactions which depends on the social standing of the character (wanderer, leader of a company, mercenary, noble, vassal, liege, etc.).
I would like to gain nobility too and I think becoming a vassal and marring a noble should be later in the game and require more early game to get too.

Last edited:

99% of players are not going to put more than 100 hours in, so those first 100 hours should be all that is needed for a single satisfying playthrough which is where most people will stop.
thing with mods is only certain mods work with certain patches and stuff beong out dated, i do use mods but im just looking for suggestions to maybe recommend taleworld to try and and text certain things, most people probably dont have this many hours but i just enjoy the game and making new play throughs, Thats why im suggesting another game mode for people who think they wanna try something risky like other games do, like 1 life only or whatever (survival)

Yes, game is far too easy if you chose "Realistic" difficulty.

Removing enemy army size on the strat map, just showing an estimate - "Looks very large - Looks large - Looks moderate - Looks small " etc etc would be a simple fix to make it harder on realistic.

You could then have a "Tactics" trait of "Deception" - Where a small army appears Large or visa Versa.

The above is only for the player, AI sees numbers

i like that

I purchased it right at the time of launch but I didn't get to play until this point I'm not able evaluate it, however I can say that I put about 200 hours into it over the course of two weeks. There are some things that are damaged and unstable. There are a few areas that need some polishing and polish, with the towns in the same region are identical. The rest is fairly complete and a lot of fun to play.

Loved warband, love this game. There some things I'd like added or altered, but I can firmly say one thing it doesnt need is to be made harder.

BL is very grindy. I like that, but making it harder would add another layer to that. Plat with realism difficulty and iron man mose turned on. Should be plenty hard. Unless one is a glutton for punishment.

Funny thing is I like games that offer some challenges and require some effort

Back
Top Bottom