Resolved Game freezes when talking to the new head of a faction

Users who are viewing this thread

So, this has happened repeatedly, to the point where I can reproduce it.
I beheaded the entire ruling clan of the southern empire, and now someone new is in charge (Debana, I think). I recently ran into her for the first time as she was besieging one of my settlements. When I initiate dialogue, she pops up and everything is fine, she asks me who I am. As soon as I click on "I am [playername]..." the game freezes and will not respond. It does not crash, it does not trigger windows to say "Bannerlord has stopped responding" it just goes unresponsive, like it's loading or something. Happened a couple of times in different spots, but it always occurs when I talk to this character. One of the times I just let the game sit for over an hour and came back and nothing had changed.
Again, it doesn't trigger a crash and doesn't trigger windows to try and stop it, it just freezes up. Any advice?

How many fiefs does she have? Someone was saying that having too many fiefs made the game freeze at the moment where the lord goes through the "I am the lord of..." bragging routine

How many fiefs does she have? Someone was saying that having too many fiefs made the game freeze at the moment where the lord goes through the "I am the lord of..." bragging routine
She is the lord of basically everything. I've done a lot of beheading. Is there any fix to this?

She is the lord of basically everything. I've done a lot of beheading. Is there any fix to this?
It depends. To my understanding, just skipping that dialogue with a mod (Fast Dialogue) should do the trick, if it's available for the version you're playing on. You could try installing it for this one interaction.

Back up the save first just in case.

EDIT: it would be helpful for support agents if you'd also tell what version of the game you're playing.

Last edited:
Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting. In the meantime, can you share your save files? You can use a cloud service and post an open link on this thread.

Sadly the mod is crashing my game when I try to load the game. Not using any other mods either. That mod has not been updated since May 8th. If you know of another more updated one please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom