Game Crashes whenever i go somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

OK, so I got Mount and Blade : Warband a couple weeks ago, It started out working fine. but recently it has started crashing whenever i go into taverns or castles or any place that shows my character. The error message says "Mount and blade warband has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution". It is the Steam version.

i have tried enabling cheats, forcing single threading, forcing vertical sync, reinstalling, and lowering the graphics. none have worked.

Does anyone have a solution for this.  I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well actually I found a solution, basically the problem started happening when I was using directx9, and then i switched to directx7 and it worked for one try, remember? so i tweaked around and discovered a pattern. every time i want to play, i have to go in configure and switch from directx7 to directx9 and close configure, then open config. again and change back and save that, and it works. Now the graphics aren't quite as good, but the game works and it's not even very much hassle to switch directx's every time.

I still hope they fix this so i can have better graphics, so thanks for your help!  :razz: :razz:

I have the same problem as you. It appears when i join a game or start singleplayer. It shouldn't be related to directx9 since i have had the game well over a year and played it without problems so far.

Xyience said:
I have the same problem as you. It appears when i join a game or start singleplayer. It shouldn't be related to directx9 since i have had the game well over a year and played it without problems so far.
i think it was the latest patch, i have the same problem and have been playing the game perfectly fine for years

Then lets hope they fix it soon. its been long enough and fixing the game should be main priority. :sad:

Well this problem is definitely a tough one guys, after maybe 3 days the switching directx's has stopped working. Whatever this is, it is seriously complex or can change(or something like that, im just guessing here :neutral:) i've been searching EVERYWHERE

ps. i tried custom game and it works for like 2 minutes before actually crashing.

I have got it working i think!! if you have it on steam, simply download it off the website , and enter your steam cd key if it is in trial mod, it is more stable when not running off steam for some reason, it worked for me :grin:

No need for all that. Just restart the steam in offline mode; it doesn't crash that way. :wink:

I've got the same problem, anytime I enter a battle the game crashes. Which sucks because I just bought it.

how do i download the game off the website?

EDIT

ok so i turned off steam, restarted, did the directx thing, and now its working AGAIN. (its just unpredictable  :neutral:

but if it works for 4 or 5 days, then i will declare it officially fixed FOREVER

Try checking my post. Someone posted a solution there.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,180838.0.html

Back
Top Bottom