Resolved Game crashes after clicking on "Clan" button

Users who are viewing this thread

Crash upload identifier:
2020-07-29_12.26.35_59e6ac85e915f3814c97a40806d7c722

Summary: My game crashes after I click on the clan button. It doesn't matter whether I'm currently on the world map or sitting inside a city.
How to Reproduce: Don't really know. On the previous save it doesn't happen. In the meantime one of my clan members (caravan party leader) got captured. Maybe that is the cause?
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: e1.4.3
Installed community-made modifications: none
Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB
CPU: i5-3570
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

And here's the log:

[23:12:19.7596879] Exception occurred inside invoke: ExecuteOpenClan
Target type: TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.ViewModelCollection.Map.MapNavigationVM
Argument count: 0
Inner message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

OK, I discovered what causes this.
I loaded the previous save, clan interface opens fine. The moment my wife gets captured in battle i can no longer open clan interface- the game crashes when I try.
I will wait until she escapes and try to open clan interface to see if it will open then.

Last edited:
I've been able to resolve this crash.
My wife was the problem. :grin:
Long time ago, during the 1.4.1 patch she was somehow "cloned". I created a clan party with her as a leader and somehow she appeared in my own party in the same time. So there were two instances of her- one was leading her own party and other was in my party. It worked fine in 1.4.1.
In 1.4.3, when my wife's clone that was leading her own party got captured and afterwards escaped she never reappeared on the map and after her capture my game would crash when I click on the clan interface button. Her clone was still in my party though.
I manage to resolve the crash by talking to the clone that was in my party and asking her to join my party (lol). After that I could click on clan interface button with no crash and everything seems fine now.
Really interesting bug I must say. :smile:

I managed to reproduce this crash in a different way.
My wife is in my party. I assigned her as a governor in a city, but she stays in my party. After that, when I click on the clan button game crashes.
Resolved it the same way as previously- opened party interface, talked to her and told her to join my party. After that clan interface opens fine.
It seems I can't get her out of my party.

Finally, the cause of all this was the fact that my wife was cloned.
Here's a picture of her in the party. Observe number= 2.
I finally got rid of her clone by letting us get captured by the enemy. After that, only one of them returned and there is no more clone. haha
hG1CwGE.jpg

Back
Top Bottom