Resolved Game client (launcher?) plays foreign application audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Game client somehow saved a URL to another steam game in it's memory and every time I launch the game - game goes to this steam page URL (on background) and autoplays audio from it. It coninues even when launcher is closed and the game itsself is opened.
To summerize:
- I don't have any other apps running except steam and bannerlord (like - browser is closed, no audio tabs); steam is fresh opened on "library" page
- I tried to: kill steam & BL processes; reboot PC; check file integrity; reinstall the game;
- I also tried to block all incomming traffic with firewall and when I do - audio immediately stops. When firewall rule turned off - it continues playing.
This is the most idiotic, unbelievable bug I ever experienced, would be happy to find some steam tab in chrome with this audio stream but there's non.

How to Reproduce:
1. So I launched BL fromt windows menu (right after PC boot)
2. It automatically launched steam app
3. steam popped up standard daily offers popup with some shooter game.
4. Mount&blade popped up it's launcher window, where I clicked "continue singleplayer" to load the game.
5. Then I alt+tabed (while game sword forging cinematic was playing) to see what this steam popup offer was about and clicked on it.
6. - nothing happened, it didn't redirect me to steam store page, BUT:
7. bannerlord client "grabbed / saved" the URL to this game on steam store on my click and like loads it (via http get on the background?) every time when I play moun and blade.
No sure in the order of # 3,4,5
==
I visited the page of the second game and I see that moun&blade plays preview asset of this second game in exact order as it is on steam app in the game preview carousel.
Once again the game is a shooter and machingun shots kill all the medieval atmosphere, plus they play on repeat.

If I open launcher - audio starts.
If I close launcher - it immediately stops.
If I click play - launcher is closing, game is opened - audio continues.
When i exit the game itself - audio stops.

I duplicated this ticket to steamsupport, but I believe it's something with the game client.

Have you used cheats and if so which:
no
Scene Name:
dramatic
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 3060 TI
GPU Driver Version: 531.18
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

This was actually problem of Steam webhelper. It somehow associated this URL with mount and blade client. Reinstalling steam resolved the issue.

Back
Top Bottom