SP Sci-Fi Fantasy Galactic Mercenary: The Chaos Of War! Who wants to be the lucky rigger?

Users who are viewing this thread

:lol:
Just passing by to say I read the title as "Who wants to be the lucky ******?"  :razz:

And mind you that's not the pejorative sense of the word.

Haha, that's hilarious.  :lol:

Really, I'm just imagining all the different contexts that line would be used in, and all of them are horrible. (but a little bit funny....)

Anyways....

Quail and I have been doing a lot of idea-making and brainstorming. (Alright, he's done all of it, with no help from me.) Once some plans are finalized, I'll make sure to post them.

On another note, if anyone would be willing to help with some armor models, or anything at all, that'd be great. Every once in awhile, I can churn out a "decent" armor or helmet model, but I would rather focus on weapons, or things I am better at modeling. (Like spaceships! I like modeling those.) So, if anyone will help, that'd be great.

Double Post! (because edit is for losers!)

Here's a screenshot of a very WIP armor. The texture sucks, I realize that. This is the first stage of the armor, meant to be light, for scouts. I'm planning on adding pauldrons and other armor for heavier variants. What do you guys think so far? What should be changed? What should i make the texture look like? Would anyone be willing to help?

wipmercarmor.png

Edit -

Today, I'm going to be attempting to texture some models that are pretty much done. Heres some pictures of a helmet I did awhile back. I thought I had posted them already, but I guess I didn't. I think I might've tweaked the model a bit since these pictures were taken, but you can see the basic idea.

helmet.png

helmet2.png

Now, are there any parts of the model that need to be seriously changed? And more importantly, what sort of texture seems appropiate?

well for the armour in heavy version id just overlap it in some parts iff u get me :razz: and for the helmet it looks to much like a bikers helmet :p

p.s you can do things i dont even understand :p

shadowarcher said:
necromany is afoot

Jallon isn't really one for updating the thread. Last time he and I communicated, he decided that he needed to update all his old models, and make them better quality. That will take a while.

I owe everyone an apology. I am a slacker and a *****. A slacker*****, if you will. My ambition overcame my dedication. I never expected it to happen. I spent hours on end every day on this mod, and I genuinely loved it and thought it could succeed. Ive re-prioritized my life. I wish some of labor had come to fruition, but thats just not the case. Im so sorry to everyone who believed in me. Im so sorry to all of the people who helped me along the way. All of their time has been wasted. I wish I could give it back to them. Guspav and Quaillover were essential members of this team, and I was the one who let them down, and allowed this to falter and eventually fail. Ive learned a lot along the way though. Its been a fun ride, and I enjoyed a lot of it. The victories make all of my frustrations inconsequential. This final failure is but a spark of fire in the blazing lifes of everyone that wanders through this forum. I will never forget what we did here, or the memories that were made and the creations that were shared. This all may seem the efforts of a young teenager who hardly knew what he was doing. And it is. But to me, and hopefully some others out there, it became so much more. Ill never forget this venture in my life. Ill never forget the people. Ill never forget these memories.

Jallon said:
I owe everyone an apology. I am a slacker and a *****. A slacker*****, if you will. My ambition overcame my dedication. I never expected it to happen. I spent hours on end every day on this mod, and I genuinely loved it and thought it could succeed. Ive re-prioritized my life. I wish some of labor had come to fruition, but thats just not the case. Im so sorry to everyone who believed in me. Im so sorry to all of the people who helped me along the way. All of their time has been wasted. I wish I could give it back to them. Guspav and Quaillover were essential members of this team, and I was the one who let them down, and allowed this to falter and eventually fail. Ive learned a lot along the way though. Its been a fun ride, and I enjoyed a lot of it. The victories make all of my frustrations inconsequential. This final failure is but a spark of fire in the blazing lifes of everyone that wanders through this forum. I will never forget what we did here, or the memories that were made and the creations that were shared. This all may seem the efforts of a young teenager who hardly knew what he was doing. And it is. But to me, and hopefully some others out there, it became so much more. Ill never forget this venture in my life. Ill never forget the people. Ill never forget these memories.

You say that just a few days after showing that armor? Damn. I just found about this mod and was curious to see how it turned out.

Psst Revan...it was over a year.  :lol:

This mod has been awesome to work with. A bunch of young guys, who all were still learning about the intricacies of modding, hella fun. I still create lore for it all the time, and I thoroughly enjoy the setting. I still do drawings based on it, and I've been writing stories for it. Who knows? Maybe in a few years you will see a novel by me based in it.

Hell if it wasn't for this mod, I would still suck at drawing people.

(PS Jallon do you have the source code, and resources still?)

Back
Top Bottom