Funny thing about my game and the Farnese Family being a papal vassal

Users who are viewing this thread

CCDK

Knight at Arms
Well I travelled the countries thin in my first 100 days or so. I had made up my mind to stay away from being a vassal of the french as usual, add a bit of variation to my "life" in europe. I visited rome a few times, where the Papal States got into it with the tuscans and the Sicilians. Benevento and some forts broke from the Godly realm on earth even Rome, the capital got lost and the ruler took refuge in a fortification in the mountains east of Rome. Seeing Gods vicar in peril under the influence of the sicilians i gave my hand and sword in vassalage to the papal states.

I took back Rome, destroyed the sicilians, tuscans, venetians, Pisans etc. Now I still only have orvieto and a fort next to orvieto, since im not much for spreading my holdings too much even if i have been offered countless forts etc. I decided to get married instead. I didnt go for who had the most holdings but decided to go with farnese without holdings at the time, and supported his bid for Pisa when that came into papal hands and he got it.

Now i have a large army and some 350.000 add to that a fort and a good village and a soon to be father in law of Pisa and productive holdings in most towns that support my pocket. Then on a notion i looked up my soon to be father in law.

"We have reliable news about Farnese family only since the XIV century. As for the previous centuries we can only make conjectures, but hypotheses are often based on wrong interpretations of documents.
A 1154 document inform us about a certain Prudenzio Farnese, son of Pietro, who probably was "console" in Orvieto as well as Pietro, his successor in 1174.
It was probably during these years, which were characterized by the growth of aristocratic communes that small feudal country lords joined the civic patriarchate in the ruling of the town of Orvieto.
Actually in the document the two consuls are not mentioned as "Farnese" but as "Domini de Farneto" (today Farnese - Viterbo) and as "Domini de Ancarano" (that is "Castrum", now ruins on Marta river in Viterbo area), which, as Litta (1) tells us, was one of family possessions."

the village Orvieto was mine when i first joined and i took the fort Viterbo when i was asked to accept the gift, how strange i should seek into the farnese family without even knowing the connection they have to my holdings....

well i personally have the notion that The Creator picks like say 12 different people every day, of different ages, backgrounds etc and uses the part of their brains we humans dont use to make scenarios based on our experiences and notions - that naturally ties in with the biblical term "created in his image" it is simply turned around, probably a bad translation or something like it.

Sometimes a childs notions, rules part of our world and at other times af waemonger etc etc etc. It is the only thing that makes sense, since leaving God to rule every little thing that goes beyond the individual human in a sea of billions of beings is like having a uman run an antfarm and expecting him to make sense of the mind of ants and regulate their world without imposing human tendencies and demand impossible traits from ants when they would only fail if not brought to the larger ideas and improvements over time by natural improvement

so 12 human minds changed say every day run most of the human world with only minor workings from God to gently move the world forward without demanding that we grow wing over time, but merely wait for us to grow wings if  and when needed.

hmmmm

dont know where that came from....

Back
Top Bottom