Fun things to do in Oblivion ES4

Users who are viewing this thread

The other night I made a powerful breton charachter with loads of magic and just wanted to go out and do evil and become extremely powerful.

Things ive done:

-Joined the dark brotherhood (Probably one of the more fun guilds, kill an innocent and you'll be visted in your sleep)
-Became a vampire (a benefit you can get from one of the contract givers in Dark brotherhood)

Im just wondering is there anyway to:

-Become a count or own a castle?

What fun things can you or do you know you can do in Oblivion to prolong your fun?

can you become a werewolf? Are there any other such powerful enchantments? Can you become a lich? lol

I played through the Mage Guild and became arch mage with another chrachter, which gives you access to strong spells and benefits of the university.

Is there a way to join the blackwood company without being a Khajit?

its kinda sad, but in oblivion u basically spend most of you time doing the guilds then you head out to find random stuff to do, but it quickly become apparent how bland the  world is... ok they sleep eat and steal and patrol but it would be nice if they reacted  a bit more.

I need to get a new video card the graphics are nice and its good fun to loose yourself in the game for a bit but man I really want to do some cool stuff like become a lich and all powerful etc, become a count or king etc... but nope. Im limited to a linear plot.

This would be the cool thing for a game is to actually have a living and breathing world were everyone has their own agendas etc. impossible i know but hey.

Yeah, I find the guild quest-lines fairly short, mostly because there are no requirements in terms of skills/attributes like in morrowind. Although I'm one of those people who can basically do jack all in a game and still have fun. I've only finished the arena and thieves guild so far, though on separate characters. I'm planning on joing the DB with my thief char now, but yeah, I wish you could become a count and have a castle, that would be pretty sweet. Although I've been meaning to download that no-borders mod and wander off into the miles of empty (but still beautiful) landscape, but I havent even seen all of cyrodiil yet, and I want to at least find that dive rock place or whatever.

I've got a mage that has finished:

-the main story
-the mages guild
-the fighters guild
-the dark brotherhood
-the thieves guild
-the arena
-most city quests

I think I'm level 28 or something near that. Not much left to do.

I think you get arrested. Not sure, I haven'yt played it, But I think I read that from a review.
Poil said:
I think I'm level 28 or something near that. Not much left to do.
Just download the Nudie mod :razz:

Okay:
We dont spend any time positioning the dead humanoid models into various precarious positions.

rejenorst said:
lol please tell me you guys dont spend any time positioning the dead humanoid models into various precarious positions...  :shock:

If you're into that, you need the moveable bodies mod... otherwise you'll end up moving their shoulder inch by inch up a kerb.

I think you get arrested. Not sure, I haven'yt played it, But I think I read that from a review.
Well, the guards will try to arrest you.  The problem is, that like Morrowind, the game becomes insanely easy after a little while, even with the level scaling.  I killed off an entire town, with 9 guards attacking me at once at one point with the difficulty on the max and didn't even come close to dying.  Heck, i even beat an arena match against 3 minotaur lords without attacking once or even healing at all...just blocking with a shield that reflects damage...  I don't wan't to get in to an Oblivion bashing, but there's really not much to do once you realize how small this huge game really is.  There's no point to exploring at all, it's all random...there are no cool sets to try to collect since nothing is rare. Every oblivion gate is like the last, and while the quests are better than Morrowind, they're still not very good (except the Dark Brotherhood, too bad it's not very long).  There's no sense of good or evil either, you just do every quest you get without question because it really doesn't matter.  Help someone find their lost friend or slaughter an innocent mother and her family?  Doesn't matter...  Plus they blatantly lied about the AI before release, it is nothing like what they claimed or showed in the trailers, pretty average actually.  

Anyway if you type "coc testinghall" in the console you'll be teleported to a place you can't get to normally. They left it in for fun i guess.  It's also rather fun to practice alchemy.  First, it is the single best skill for any character by FAR.  Once you hit higher levels (which takes no time at all since power leveling alchemy is really easy) alchemy = godmode.  Secondly, it's actually pretty fun to scavenge the world for herbs to make your potions.

I wish there was an rpg that had somehwat independant parties and events happening on the map just like M&B and possibly first person like Oblivion and where the sole purpose of the game was to become as powerful as you wanted to be with large numbers of possible branches. It should be a game that spawns inconsequential NPC's that arrive with random quests in the same fashion as M&B but if you kill them it doesnt matter.

I would really enjoy a game were i could build up a castle in a world that was every changing its borders due to factionism and were I could walk down various paths of either good and evil and where NPC's would react such as running away screaming in terror at my lich like appearance while my armies of darkness roamed and burned their grain field asunder....

Sigh... I love games about power in a world were i have none :smile: lol

i think this is one of M&B's greatest achievements is the fact that I am always surprised at seeing a particular faction on some l;onley part of the map. It seems alot more alive, i see dark hunters reaping the pesants and there seems like a little history with every captured prisoner in certain factions.

I hope that Armagan capitalizes on that s much as possible, on making the world persistent.

Jerky said:
Just download the Nudie mod :razz:

I'm not that pathetic...

The only hard thing in Oblivion is trying to keep npc's alive. They are just as suicidal as the ones in Gothic 2, where a peasant armed with a sickle will charge a group or orc elite warriors without hesitating, except that the ones in Gothic 2 doesn't bug and just stand there idle taking hits. There's a fighters guild quest where you have to bring weapons to a cave and help 3 npc's fight goblins. The one with the bow pincushions the other two every single time! And there's one mission where you have to save an orc chick from ogres, and she runs from them into a cave. And each time she spots an enemy she runs deeper into it forcing you to clear it all out. Waste of time.

They haven't spent too much time on the quest chains either. If you've finished the mage guild quests you get appointed arch-mage, and in the thieves guild you have to steal his staff. Not very hard to walk into your own room, pick up your own staff (that magically appeared) and leave a note. Most npc's still think that Traven is arch-mage when they say anything about the mages guild.

The arena is easy with magic, just shield, heal and throw spells at the pathetic fool while the crowd cheers at your skills. The staff of worms helps when there are more than one opponent too. Anything goes to win, necromancy too it seems.

Deadroths are pretty cool though.

Back
Top Bottom