Full version complete?

Users who are viewing this thread

Taateli

Sergeant
Err, don't we get any beta before release?

'Cause isn't there lots of things added and changed, so isn't it bit weird to not let us test them?

I mean, I've seen videos 'bout motion captures, new armors and all things like that. How can they just then release full game with lots of improves, when they don't know, if we like 'em or not?

Or is 1.0 going to be more like game we have now, and improves just rumours?

FYI all versions of M&B before the upcoming v.1.0 were betas. what you're playing right now is a beta, and what you were playing before was a beta.

I say, we've got enough of the betas already.

After all that time, I reckon we can trust big A. to deliver a quality product without our looking him over the shoulder, now can we?

spectre: said:
I say, we've got enough of the betas already.

After all that time, I reckon we can trust big A. to deliver a quality product without our looking him over the shoulder, now can we?

it's not 'bout trust there's just no time for the last beta...

He really should release a .999 just prior, because all the new features WILL have bugs. All previous versions show that clearly. Maybe he has a good closed final beta going on to cover him, but I find it doubtful. As good as he is, I think M&B 1.0 will be buggy.

No, we wont be getting another beta.

Yes, there should be another beta considering how much claimed stuff is being added.

That's the way the cookie crumbles, I suppose.

armagan said:
It is like yesterday that I had announced the first beta version of the game. Yet it was more than four years ago, and everything was so uncertain at the time. If the players had not supported the game as avidly as they did, the whole project would surely die out somewhere along the way. But it didn't die out, we released many versions throughout these years, got the most wonderful feedback a game developer could hope for, saw amazing mods come out, and I personally had the most interesting time of my life. Now, four years later, it is time to announce the last beta release of Mount & Blade. I want to thank everyone who walked with us in this adventure. And although this is the last beta release, I am sure there will be lots of exciting things in the coming months and years.

That says it all.

I like the way it is.

If he had to release a beta after anything new being put in, then we would never reach the final version! It'd end up going from .960 to 1 and not have anything new at all.

And besides, just think of this as another release like we usually get; we'll still get updates (which usually come really fast).

armagan said:
It is like yesterday that I had announced the first beta version of the game. Yet it was more than four years ago, and everything was so uncertain at the time. If the players had not supported the game as avidly as they did, the whole project would surely die out somewhere along the way. But it didn't die out, we released many versions throughout these years, got the most wonderful feedback a game developer could hope for, saw amazing mods come out, and I personally had the most interesting time of my life. Now, four years later, it is time to announce the last beta release of Mount & Blade. I want to thank everyone who walked with us in this adventure. And although this is the last beta release, I am sure there will be lots of exciting things in the coming months and years.

M&B2!  :grin:

Riptokus said:
He really should release a .999 just prior, because all the new features WILL have bugs. All previous versions show that clearly. Maybe he has a good closed final beta going on to cover him, but I find it doubtful. As good as he is, I think M&B 1.0 will be buggy.

He has a good closed beta going on - I think Maelstrom is one of the testers.

If M&B1 is really buggy, ofcourse his going to release another update to fix the bugs. He says that when he released .960.

Fei Dao said:
Riptokus said:
He has a good closed beta going on - I think Maelstrom is one of the testers.
I remember Ingolifs bragging about playing a version called .850 some time back, so I assume he has numerous test players above the standard forum users - mostly because of the fact that we are so quick do distribute new versions before they become stable.

I have to say, Mount & Blade may have been buggy, but I have played games that had been a final release that were way more buggy than this.  Even in beta, it still is more stable than many games rushed out.  Cheers to Armagan for having the wit and smarts to let players help him make this game into what it is today!

thedudee95 said:
If M&B1 is really buggy, ofcourse his going to release another update to fix the bugs. He says that when he released .960.

the grestest thing about Mount and Blade was it appeared to be an entire change in how developers did things. It might have been a change in the attitude of developers from patching bugs after the release. Instead, it appers to all intents and purposes that our great hero has sold out...

Timetables without a final bug-cleaning beta, the addition of all the new content untested WILL ENSURE BUGS. Hopfully his testers are good enough to prove me wrong, but when it gets released, it perpetuates the horrid philoshiphy that you don't have to release a polished product, and that patching after the fact is okay.

I have no problem if future patches were content additions, but I will be annoyed if there is a single patch released to address bugs, and annoyed if a patch is needed to adress bugs, and annoyed for every bug there is.

I'm perfectly forgiving of a beta product for bugs, that is what a beta is for, but once it's released, it better sparkle or he will disappoint me worse then the Box art.

I don't know any mainstream game of today that sticks with version 1.0. 

M&B will probably have a 1.1 at some point.  But I'm completely fine with that.  In fact, does anyone know if any game of today sticks at 1.0?

Riptokus said:
it appers to all intents and purposes that our great hero has sold out...

Could someone please reply something demeaning and offensive to this.  I am just not in the mood.

It seems to be new punchline around here lately... Paradox brought onboard HE SOLD OUT!!!    bad cover choice HE SOLD OUT!!! 

Riptokus seems to be on the "Titanic" mentality... a great feat doomed to destruction.

However, M&B developers were never, are never, and will never be required to EVER allow ANYONE into ANY form of Beta what so ever. So, perhaps you should count your blessings with the mere fact you, and many others, were given such a great treat.

Additionally, Everything has bugs. Period. The end. Version 80283763.221 or what have you. There's always bugs, always something quirky or odd or not working to full potential. It's a mere fact of programming. If you really cannot handle it, I think you need help.

Really, those that are complaining about no further betas before V1.0 are just upset that they do not get to play the finished product before release. Boo hoo. Want some cheese with your whine?

Anyway, if it REALLY bothers some of you that there are no more betas after .960, you could always just play v1.0 and pretend its v.999999999999999. Or you could play another game that never releases and is perpetually in beta. Or you could do other stuff like read or make your own game or whatever pleases you.

If you're so emotionally distraught by the mere thought of an end to beta and a beginning of release... you need to put your games away, and focus on life instead >.>

do anyone here think there will be that major changes to the game? whats it been since the last release? a month or so? i think a handpluck of beta testers can manage whatever changes are being made in this little time on their own. Stop crying because you wont see it before its realesed.

Back
Top Bottom