Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

1. Install 3.89 Full
2. 3.90 Patch (ModDB) [Gives you the Polished Textures/Not needed to play the mod]
3. 1.91 Beta 3 Patch (MB Repository/Mediafire)

All the links are found here on the forum. Make sure you look at you Module folder to make sure you installed the game correctly.

Great...

thank you so much Computica...:grin: :grin: you are great :razz: :razz:

now i can enjoy this mod.... :cool: :cool:

thanx again to team and special
thanx to Computica  :wink:

I noticed all those away lords have very low renown 300 or lower. Does the renown value mean anything? I know in native it means that they can hold more troops. I notice that guys with higher renown and the same amount of fiefs tend to have better soldiers.

felixng2011 said:
I noticed all those away lords have very low renown 300 or lower. Does the renown value mean anything? I know in native it means that they can hold more troops. I notice that guys with higher renown and the same amount of fiefs tend to have better soldiers.
The Away lords renown is based on a fraction of your renown when you bring them to Ponavosa.

Computica said:
felixng2011 said:
The Away lords renown is based on a fraction of your renown when you bring them to Ponavosa.

Does the renown value make much of a difference? I notice they still field 200 strong armies. They have low troops quality though, mostly fodder. Do they upgrade troops over time?

felixng2011 said:
Does the renown value make much of a difference? I notice they still field 200 strong armies. They have low troops quality though, mostly fodder. Do they upgrade troops over time?
Yes, Renown makes a big difference on how many troops you can have. Also AI Lords upgrade there troops on there own. In Beta 3 AI lords build all fief buildings on there own. With these built this will greatly help the AI upgrade there troops.

Computica said:
felixng2011 said:
Yes, Renown makes a big difference on how many troops you can have. Also AI Lords upgrade there troops on there own. In Beta 3 AI lords build all fief buildings on there own. With these built this will greatly help the AI upgrade there troops.

From what I remember 25 renown gives 1 extra party space. So at most they can field like 40 less troops than a lord with 1k+ renown. Not a big deal. It doesn't influence troop quality right? I give my lords money occasionally to help them out so they can upgrade fiefs and have less fodder.

Check the Party management screen and you will see what bonuses are applied to you max party size.

The diplomacy sliders at the beginning of holding a fief greatly effects the overall quality and number of your troops.

I suggest in the early game to go for troop amount > quality. Every few months concentrate on troop quality.

If quality is high you will have fewer troops in number but your troops will upgrade to much higher tiers if garrisoned with the appropriate training facility.

In SOD the +1 party bonus per 25 renown is 20 instead.

What DOES it mean when lords have 100,000 dinars anyway? They occasionally build some stuff, but otherwise it seems they simply amass huge fortunes and sit on them?

I'm considering not assigning them villages for their castles in future. Their ability to recruit is heavy dependent on castles, I think someone said, so 2 or even 3 castles for one should be good enough for them (3 barracks, 3 stables and 3 practice ranges means +9 chances to recruit daily?) . Or maybe (one) village each. Hm..

The money you see is what AI lords even sit on during native games. Until I decided to make money visible the player was able to see just how much money lords obtained. Right now the game isn't balanced and the inclusion of money will add an extra thick layer of strategy to the game.

I noticed that villagers don't seem to reinforce garrisons unless you don't have many troops. How many do you need to have for them to reinforce?

How do you pay lords for their troops (thus avoiding the relationship loss)? As ruler of my own faction talking to faction lords, I only seem able to "exchange" troops, and if I take too many the relation drops.

Apparently, it is possible to pay them cash instead, but how?

Hello ! New guy on the forum here. I just wanted to thank Computica and his team for this really great mod...i simply can`t get enough of it... sooo thanx guys

Also slightly noobish question...i was watching the screenshot thread...and drooling all over my keyboard :smile: and i saw a couple of really huge battles so i was wondering if there`s a way to make battles more...large scale ?

Alavaria said:
How do you pay lords for their troops (thus avoiding the relationship loss)? As ruler of my own faction talking to faction lords, I only seem able to "exchange" troops, and if I take too many the relation drops.

Apparently, it is possible to pay them cash instead, but how?
I actually never made a pay option but I can develop one for the beta 4 release.

Wild Card said:
Hello ! New guy on the forum here. I just wanted to thank Computica and his team for this really great mod...i simply can`t get enough of it... sooo thanx guys

Also slightly noobish question...i was watching the screenshot thread...and drooling all over my keyboard :smile: and i saw a couple of really huge battles so i was wondering if there`s a way to make battles more...large scale ?
Welcome to the forums! Sure get this: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1761

What converts your troops into nobles? Ive noticed 193 days in, ive only ever saw one noble that appeared out of nowhere, something im doing wrong? Oh, and how do you use mercenary companies, if thats possible.

Montavious said:
What converts your troops into nobles? Ive noticed 193 days in, ive only ever saw one noble that appeared out of nowhere, something im doing wrong? Oh, and how do you use mercenary companies, if thats possible.
Your regular troops don't become nobles. Your nobles can become faith troops though. In order to get nobles you have to build the required building in your town or castle and the number of troops garrisoned have to lower than 200 for castles and 300 for towns.

About Faith Troops: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,196762.0.html

Montavious said:
Where is a good place to get iron, been looking everywhere cant find any place.
If you can't find Iron then wait about 3 days and check again. I might change the smithing system so that players won't have to get tools and iron all the time. I'll eventually implement a private blacksmith to be in the court.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Right now I'm in a pretty good mood.

Back
Top Bottom