Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ Thread - Ask quick questions here!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Wow 64 player killing, awesome. :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

At one question, the command voice no suported me language? Is Spanish, and the open the game, jump Windows on the sreen whit the text informaton, not is supported 

Smoking said:
Wow 64 player killing, awesome. :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

At one question, the command voice no suported me language? Is Spanish, and the open the game, jump Windows on the sreen whit the text informaton, not is supported
As far as I know it only works on English.I might be wrong tho.

Ever since I became King i've noticed a large slowdown whenever I exit a castle, town whatever. Will that be fixed?

Things I'd like to know about:
1) the possibility of implementing cheats in single player since mods aren't likely
2) increasing the battle size for single player to be higher than 100 maybe like 120
3) maybe cheats
4) the possibility getting dlc
5) cheats would be cool
6) the ability to host a server like on pc
7) cheats?
8 ) the possibility of having ai fill in for players in mp when the lobby isnt full of active players
9) cheats pretty please with cherries on top
10) the possibility of taking the most popular m&b mods and turning them into dlc
11) i dont know if i mentioned this but... cheats
12) a patch to fix the mp ui: frequently when I attempt to select a class, change faction, edit equipment, or especially when I try to mute a player, the cursor would disappear and I can't make the selection or the menus would freeze
13) *insert request/question related to cheats here*
14) perhaps increasing player count beyond 64 to like 80 or possibly higher
15) ....cheats

Thanks guys

UllNeverKnowWho said:
1) the possibility of implementing cheats in single player since mods aren't likely
3) maybe cheats
5) cheats would be cool
7) cheats?
9) cheats pretty please with cherries on top
11) i dont know if i mentioned this but... cheats
13) *insert request/question related to cheats here*
15) ....cheats
Captain Lust said:
TXylon said:
Are you guys going to put cheats in the console?
For some of them, there is an issue of controller space. For instance, killing in battles etc. Others might be possible but we'd have to look at how this affects achievements, and find a solution that doesn't negatively impact players who want the regular experience without cheats.
----------------------------------------------
UllNeverKnowWho said:
4) the possibility getting dlc
10) the possibility of taking the most popular m&b mods and turning them into dlc
Captain Lust said:
MithrellaS said:
Will the DLC Napoleonic Wars be playable in the future on the Consoles?
It's something we're considering, however nothing is announced at this time. That's all I can say right now, unfortunately.

jacobstcy19 said:
Just wanted to double check is there going to be mod support/ cheat menu/dlc in the future for consoles
Answered above except for mod support. Mod support is relatively unlikely.
-----------------------------------
UllNeverKnowWho said:
6) the ability to host a server like on pc
Captain Lust said:
Albert1219 said:
Are we gonna have hosted/ private servers?
There is some difficulty with this, because the freedom offered by private servers can pose a risk with the stricter requirements present on consoles.
Captain Lust said:
Alene said:
Not being a console user could make me to miss something here, but I don't see a technical reason why consoles could not have private servers the same way as PC has. Just make modified versions of dedicated servers.

Disclaimer: I am simply a volunteer moderator and have no relation to Taleworlds other than moderating their forums, so these are just my opinions.
The problem is that console users and console makers have a different set of expectations about what they're getting from a game, compared to PC. To just hand over files wholesale would allow the creation of modded servers that may or may not function properly, leaving users frustrated etc.

We'd need to create a system to either prevent that or separate it in such a way that regular players could get a reliable experience easily, should they want one. Beyond that, even if we were to dedicate the time and man-hours to put something like that in place, it could have a negative effect overall, such as splitting the player base, which is already relatively small on consoles.

Whatever we do it's a relatively large investment for us. Making any change or patch needs to be approved by the console manufacturer, which takes time and typically involves several tries before something gets approved.

Basically, however we decide to approach an issue like creating an environment for users to play clan matches, it requires a decision from us that weighs that investment vs. the value to the playerbase as a whole. It might be that we have about 5 players interested in this, who have all posted on the forums. In which case our developer time would probably be better spent elsewhere. It might be that there are great deal of players interested, in which case it could be worth our investment but it's also important to understand the exact needs and then try to find the best option.

Speaking personally, I'd like us to provide a good solution for this but I can't make any promises right now.
-----------------------------------------------------
UllNeverKnowWho said:
14) perhaps increasing player count beyond 64 to like 80 or possibly higher
Captain Lust said:
Ludawg Barzini said:
Its awesome that we now have 64 player servers but im curious will we ever see another future upgrade in servers to maybe 128 players ?
That's pretty unlikely, I'm afraid.

I posted this in the wrong spot however I have read through and still some not answered. If you can at least share it with the devs I would appreciate it.

First off let me take the time to thank you (the dev team) for creating this title as I have 400 plus hours into my steam copy and now many days into my Xbox One copy. With that being said as you can tell I am a huge fan. I have been in the gaming industry myself for over 5 years now with a few successes myself. I wanted to first show you my fandom and second thank you for releasing this title to my console.

I wanted to ask a couple questions that I hope you can answer as I know things are hush hush in most cases as you can't make promises that you unsure the studio can deliver.

1) Do you plan to update the Xbox/PS4 console title with better UI and utilize the full controller as I find it frustrating and time consuming to upgrade companions and army? Also I see a few things that are broke that you have fixed on the PC side that made the feel of the game better and helped to increase my enjoyment of the title.  If so when can we expect this?

2) I have really enjoyed the many expansions on my PC and hope to share them with my many friends on my Xbox one console. Do you have an estimate on when we can see them on the One? I know you are working on Bannerlord (which I am really excited about) however I feel the continued support of this title will help when you announce the release of Bannerlord.

3) As you know Fallout 4 is allowing Mods to bring over to the Xbox. I was wondering if you plan to do the same? I know many of the mods use content that you do not support however it has extended my experience on the PC and I hope to have the same experience on my console. If you can work out a way to monetize the mods I am sure you will find it worth your time as I would easily pay a higher price point to include mods as well as many of my friends I play with.

I know I will be happy to help anyway I can by sharing the news of these questions to helping you design a marketplace to increase revenue. I am a fan of this title and your studio. I look forward to more great works from you and hope to see you have as much if not more success on the console. A quick secrete, I enjoy my console Warblade more than my PC. (do not let the master race hear that)..

Thank you for your hard work,
Ice

Some have already been answered.. TY

I feel so stupid for not asking this sooner, but as far as cheats go, I am very excited to hear that they will be added, I just want to know exactly how soon can we expect them to come to consoles?

superman7808 said:
I feel so stupid for not asking this sooner, but as far as cheats go, I am very excited to hear that they will be added, I just want to know exactly how soon can we expect them to come to consoles?
When did Lust say cheats were being added? Last time I checked, he said:
For some of them, there is an issue of controller space. For instance, killing in battles etc. Others might be possible but we'd have to look at how this affects achievements, and find a solution that doesn't negatively impact players who want the regular experience without cheats.

Ludawg Barzini said:
Will we have private servers for clan matches in the future and team killing is a pain in the arse can we have an option to turn off friendly fire ?

+ 1. Or create private games with custom options.

Pd: "you try to kill me? I'll kill you before!" TK for to learn.

I think i will buy the game on the PS4...

But before that, i'd like to know if console version of the game will have some features in native that not included into PC version of the game, so game will balance out experience and expectations of the gamers that like me, drift between PC and Console.

I could expect features like more quest patterns, more character creation background choises, better face creator (or just textures), more death animations (or animation at all), maybe improving ragdolls, so they wont freeze in air like they did in PC M&B, small things like that.

When we can expect languages like Russian to be supported?

And i am really curious, how much corpses, blood and ragdolls the game can handle?I remember having original M&B unlimited amount of corpses and ragdolls, and that been cut in M&B:W, so i hope that maybe console version of the game will handle unlimited corpses|ragdolls?

And well, PSVR will come out soon (Or it is already there?), will the game support PSVR and Xbox One counterpart? It would be nice to Mount and Blade enemies in Virtual Reality i believe (this major feature will bring new experience to the fan players, this make an balance between PC version and Console Version)
And i believe that battles in the game with virtual reality would be much easier, and voice commands would be really a lot usefull than right now.

Thank you.

Andry Houston said:
I think i will buy the game on the PS4...

But before that, i'd like to know if console version of the game will have some features in native that not included into PC version of the game, so game will balance out experience and expectations of the gamers that like me, drift between PC and Console.

I could expect features like more quest patterns, more character creation background choises, better face creator (or just textures), more death animations (or animation at all), maybe improving ragdolls, so they wont freeze in air like they did in PC M&B, small things like that.

When we can expect languages like Russian to be supported?

And i am really curious, how much corpses, blood and ragdolls the game can handle?I remember having original M&B unlimited amount of corpses and ragdolls, and that been cut in M&B:W, so i hope that maybe console version of the game will handle unlimited corpses|ragdolls?

And well, PSVR will come out soon (Or it is already there?), will the game support PSVR and Xbox One counterpart? It would be nice to Mount and Blade enemies in Virtual Reality i believe (this major feature will bring new experience to the fan players, this make an balance between PC version and Console Version)
And i believe that battles in the game with virtual reality would be much easier, and voice commands would be really a lot usefull than right now.

Thank you.
The console versions mostly don't have anything the PC version doesn't. No new animations, sounds, quests, etc. In fact, the console version has fewer features, like no mods, smaller numbers in multiplayer, etc. Consoles do have built in voice commands though, which is pretty sweet.

I am not affiliated with Taleworlds, but I'm gonna bet that VR support won't happen.

Cpt. Nemo said:
The console versions mostly don't have anything the PC version doesn't. No new animations, sounds, quests, etc. In fact, the console version has fewer features, like no mods, smaller numbers in multiplayer, etc. Consoles do have built in voice commands though, which is pretty sweet.

I am not affiliated with Taleworlds, but I'm gonna bet that VR support won't happen.

Well, that's bad, so its another game that ported from PC with no at least small additions (exept voice commands)? Because this is the reason why (Or its me who believes that is the reason) PC games ported into Console suffer from low sales (XCom, Carmageddon, Chivalry), while Console games ported into PC suffer from inconvenient UI and simplistic to average PC gamer controls, poor perfomance and things like that (Far Cry 2-4, Hitman, Skyrim titles).

I really hope they will eventually bring some difference between PC and Console versions of the game, because if its look, play, feel like PC version, then why bothering yourself buying it second time, while you already have that everything on PC with low price, mods (which i dont really care, i am happy with native), free multiplayer (you need some kind of subscription to play Online on both Xbox and PS)?

With no difference, no additions, the game will suffer from low sales, like any other PC to Console game port.

I also discover for myself that the game don't have save slots. Do the Developer team understand that with no save slots, replayability of the game suffer alot (The replayability value is the main strength of the game)?

Such dissapointment. Or maybe i am just trying to get a little bit too much/ Or my expectations were too high.

Thank you.

Andry Houston said:
Cpt. Nemo said:

Well, that's bad, so its another game that ported from PC with no at least small additions (exept voice commands)? Because this is the reason why (Or its me who believes that is the reason) PC games ported into Console suffer from low sales (XCom, Carmageddon, Chivalry), while Console games ported into PC suffer from inconvenient UI and simplistic to average PC gamer controls, poor perfomance and things like that (Far Cry 2-4, Hitman, Skyrim titles).

I really hope they will eventually bring some difference between PC and Console versions of the game, because if its look, play, feel like PC version, then why bothering yourself buying it second time, while you already have that everything on PC with low price, mods (which i dont really care, i am happy with native), free multiplayer (you need some kind of subscription to play Online on both Xbox and PS)?

With no difference, no additions, the game will suffer from low sales, like any other PC to Console game port.

I also discover for myself that the game don't have save slots. Do the Developer team understand that with no save slots, replayability of the game suffer alot (The replayability value is the main strength of the game)?

Such dissapointment. Or maybe i am just trying to get a little bit too much/ Or my expectations were too high.

Thank you.
Have you ever considered that maybe it is not for people who already own the game on PC but for the people that only has Consoles? On the other hand I do not think they(Taleworlds) care about the "low sales" as much as you think they will.

Good thing you discovered that the game does not have "save as" option . Did you also discover that they are checking on adding it in a future patch? Probably not.
They do not need to add new features for the market they are aiming for.It is not like they are releasing the game on Pc once again.

Do not over think about this and waste your time. If you want the experience you had on Pc on Consoles. Then buy it.  I totally expected them to bring the game to consoles as it is.Which they did , expectedly. They are not making something like "Mount & Blade : Warband REMASTERED" or "REWORKED" etc
They are literally just releasing Mount & Blade : Warband.

Andry Houston said:
maybe i am just trying to get a little bit too much/ Or my expectations were too high.
You summed it up yourself. It's a port, not a remaster or something.
And +1 to everything Ki-Ok said.

Back
Top Bottom