French localisation ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Daneel53

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hello guys in TW,

The question is simple: shall there be a French localisation delivered with Bannerlord? If not, we have to begin to work on the volontary translation.

Thanks for the answer.  :smile:

Hello guys,

I will ask the question once each month until we have an answer: will there be an official French localisation delivered with Bannerlord?

Cheers! :grin:

Yeah it would be really great to know, since a lot of the strings in the files are already there they could actually start translating already.

Sinon comme je vois dans ton historique, tu est un traducteur passionné  :grin:

'Maybe'... That's why I want an official answer from TaleWorlds.

I suppose that one year before the final release they already know what they will offer in terms of foreign localisations. And when I see that the files string_translation-data.xml that were into the beta release at the beginning (they have been removed today) were the Turkish, German and Japan ones only, I fear that the French may not be into the final product.

Hello guys!

Two months since first post, so it is time to up this simple question: shall there be an official French localization for Bannerlord?

Thanks for reading... and it would be nice to give an answer!

Bye!  :smile:

I want polish localization as I am native polish, but I think we are not getting them cause we are not the big countries

Je crois qu'on peut commencer à bosser sur une traduction nous même. Ils t'aurais répondu sinon
English translation:
I think that we can begin to work on a translation by ourselves. If not, they would have already answered
Final game probably won't be launched within one year and it is already obvious that no localization shall be delivered with the early access, so we have time. Today we don't have in hand the complete set of strings to translate, the file string_translation_data.xml being obviously uncomplete and changing with every beta release.

So, yes, we may have to write the French localization by ourselves, but it is too soon to launch the complete process, even if I've already begun to study the work that will have to be done if TaleWorlds let us without an official French localization, see the following link towards the French part of the TaleWorlds' forum :
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,496.0.html

But anyway, it would be better for everybody (other languages included) that TaleWorlds decide to publish the list of the localizations that will be delivered with the final game. Why are they still waiting for that? I don't understand. At least they should TALK, even if it is to say that they still don't know. They silence is becoming very loud.

I dont really care. I perfectly understand the english so i can play in english. But its better to play in our native language for immersion.
We can wait a couple Months after the EA to have the French for us. Its not a problem

Hi everyone,

On full release, Bannerlord will definitely have translations for all languages supported in Warband, and probably then some.

Localization during early access depends on several factors. We'll be using a system which allows us to translate the text during development, therefore we don't need to wait for the completion of the game to start translation work. However, we haven't yet started to sign up translators so there's no schedule as yet.

Back
Top Bottom