Resolved Forcing a War as a Vassal Destroyed my Influence

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.2
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: My influence went from 174 to -174 after declaring war on Battania.

How to Reproduce: During a campaign of Bannerlord where I am a Vassal to the Western Empire, Battania has been mostly captured and they are down to only owning Nevyansk Castle under the rule of Caladog's clan. I am playing an Imperial Culture character and caused a war with Battania in order to capture their final fief by raiding one of their villages. After closing the pop-ups for raiding the village, I attempted to create an army to take Nevyansk castle, which is when I noticed that a negative sign had been added to the front of my Influence and the Influence turned red.

Is this working as intended, as punishment for forcing a war between two nations and bypassing the voting, or a major bug?

Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 2070
GPU Driver Version: NVIDIA GeForce 456.71 Game Ready Drivers
CPU: i7 7700k Kaby Lake @ 4.2 GHz
RAM: 32gb 3200MHz Corsair
Motherboard: MSI M170a m7
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 6tb HDD

b9zOUoE.jpeg

7dgEgw4.jpeg

Last edited:
Bump: Edited OP with screenshots and uploading the save file to upload.taleworlds.com.

If it's working as intended, maybe a quality of life addition could be made to let the player know how much influence they stand to lose. As seen in the screenshot, I have 233 Influence and after raiding the village to force a war it goes down to -64.

I have been informed that this is not bugged, but intended as the vassal started the war and not the king. Marking this thread as solved, thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom