Fix the completely unrealistic, frustrating terrain generation

Users who are viewing this thread

DAWUSS said:
I think an improved collision/physics system would fix that sort of thing.

I know:

http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/halolz-dot-com-skyrim-physics-*****imahorse.jpg
Complete side question: What game is that? Doesn't look like Warband to me.
On a more relevant topic, I agree that these landscape issues need to be fixed.

Worcob II said:
Hello! Well, completely unrealistic, frustrating terrain degeneration
torment me as well for a long time now, as I menage to fix it before... I remembered how to do it.
This is short tut:
1. You need Map Editor (it will do just fine with Warband just copy your map.txt into old M&B then copy back to warband when you finish editing)
2. Click on vertex mode
3. Select all vertex or dots by double click i think (use z mode)
4. Lower whole map height down and save

It is not perfect but it will generate more smooth battle terrain.

Sorry, noob here, but what does this do? Could I ask for screenshot?

I agree that some gradient smoothing would be nice, but more important in my opinion would be to add built in support to expand the map size (maybe small, standard, large, huge, and custom) AND set the distance between start points for the two forces with option to randomize; this has always irked me.  My computer can handle much larger map sizes, and it would be nice to have larger maps so you can use tactical skills and to find and occupy key terrain against cavalry charges.  Maybe add a few random buildings, ruins, for hasty defense.  Varying start points would allow you to work on situations where you have time to develop the situation and the occasional meeting engagement (almost no prep time).

Back
Top Bottom