Fix the completely unrealistic, frustrating terrain generation

Users who are viewing this thread

Totally agree.

Mount & Blade must be on Philippines

800px-Choco_Hills.JPG

Anyway normally landscape doesn't look like that. As we all know.

yes please fix stupid maps more flat, less irritating hills. what kind of army would choose to fight on them? only small groups (guerrilla style)

check this out a battle i just spawned at!!!

yes thats my army clinging to the cliff

and of course I had mostly cav so it was even more ridiculous

the cliffs are kinda cool but you shouldnt spawn on them  :mrgreen:

yeah.  and also i hate when there is prefect defensive position just  out side map. i think defender should have some right to say where battle is held. and attacer should be able to chose where he spawns on opposite side of map... well might be to hard to implant right now but maybe someday in future.

While there are many important things to fix in MnB, I have to agree that terrain generation is the most frustrating and urgent.

i agree man last time I checked a mountain wasn't made up of several large hills. And even when your in a place that is supposed to be flat.. no. Its so hard to fight in the rhodok kingdom on horseback.

Yes I definately agree with this; maybe on a very rare occasional by actualy mountains you could have this sort of map.

But for 98% of battles you want something that resembles a half decent battlefield that you can get across :smile:

Penis Colada said:
The terrain generation in this game makes no sense. When you're on flat ground, it's good, it's flat and has some soft rolling hills. But when you do battle on a mountainside, instead of it actually taking place on a mountainside, it's just a bunch of ridiculously steep hills on a map with no overall grade. I'm pretty sure mountainsides aren't made up of a bunch of tall, pointy hills. It looks like someone exaggerated the height of realistic terrain by about 10 times. This terrain is also really frustrating because horses move so f*cking slowly through it and the AI can't navigate it (in addition to it never occurring in real life)

So is there some way to make it so instead of just making the map have taller hills when in mountainous areas, just put the whole thing on an actual slope?

Agreed, but the more annoying feature is when a 20 foot deep moat is spawned in front of you.

Penis Colada said:
The terrain generation in this game makes no sense. When you're on flat ground, it's good, it's flat and has some soft rolling hills. But when you do battle on a mountainside, instead of it actually taking place on a mountainside, it's just a bunch of ridiculously steep hills on a map with no overall grade. I'm pretty sure mountainsides aren't made up of a bunch of tall, pointy hills. It looks like someone exaggerated the height of realistic terrain by about 10 times. This terrain is also really frustrating because horses move so f*cking slowly through it and the AI can't navigate it (in addition to it never occurring in real life)

So is there some way to make it so instead of just making the map have taller hills when in mountainous areas, just put the whole thing on an actual slope?

I agree. this needs to be toned down in the game.

I agree. I should not need to have my entire army rappelling down a cliff while the enemy lord/bandits get free shots on my troops as they slide down the hill. This cannot be a hard fix can it?

Jeez, how many times has this thread been necroed over the past two years, and still terrain is the same. That's a bit sad.

And If you stand a nice hill Make it so that it is actually a GOOD thing. The horses should gain more speed. As it is now, you start to gain speed, then the horse "walks" the last bit, making hills a big downside in battles!

I live near the mountains, and the mountains aren't realistic at all.

I think the only place where you can find realistic mountains is at chalbek castle (its so beautiful :cry: :razz:)

I honestly thought that was one of the better hills/mountains. I'm used to maps with incredibly high, small, cones that sprout everywhere and even the floor is uneven and it makes the battles completely annoying. I think the main thing that angered him was that he spawned on it, but it's a rather good hill/mountain thingy.

Assassinator1097 said:
I honestly thought that was one of the better hills/mountains. I'm used to maps with incredibly high, small, cones that sprout everywhere and even the floor is uneven and it makes the battles completely annoying. I think the main thing that angered him was that he spawned on it, but it's a rather good hill/mountain thingy.

yeah it wasn't a bad map its just spawning on them is crazy. and horses look stupid walking on them  :roll:
a general toning down of hillyness would be good, more flatish maps,
cav is disadvantaged on the forest areas so flatness isnt such a problem  :mrgreen:

I'd be happy if someone would create a user-friendly map editor that didn't require programming skills.  I used to make some pretty cool maps for Age of Kings.

Back
Top Bottom