Firearms have no sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Shidan

Sergeant at Arms
First off, I know there are no firearms in Perisno. I modded some in for RP reasons, as I have done a couple times in the past on previous versions.

In the past it has always worked fine, but this time around they don't seem to make any noise when firing. Nor do they generate the smoke. All you can hear is the bullet impact. Far as I can tell, the sounds and weapon type don't seem to be linked anymore. Was this done for a reason? I can see the sound files themselves are still present in the files, just not playing.

And if possible, any thoughts on how I'd go about fixing this? Never messed with the sound files before so I don't really have an understanding of how it knows it is supposed to play them. And most information about such things I've found online expect you to use the module system, which is clearly not an option here. Happy to hear any suggestions.  :smile:

I also always added them in previous versions, and always worked fine with smoke and sounds. Now I can't do it anymore  :sad: . I hope someone can help us.

I wasn't expecting you guys to actually do anything about it. I mostly wanted to know why they were removed. Especially considering the sounds files and such seem to actually still be there, they're just no longer linked to firearms (which seems a bit odd it was changed at all, considering the mod doesn't contain any). And perhaps also a point in the direction of what file(s) I'd have to edit to change it myself.

I have no qualms about doing the work myself. But it is hard to do blind. And if it would cause problems readding them, I'd like to know ahead of time so I don't waste my time doing it.

If I had to guess, it would because the sounds used for firearms are now used for one of the thrown weapons in the game, that could interfere with it. The item is Aroulo Leaf Bombs if that helps at all

I tried to use the trigger code of native pistol but nothing, then I tried to use another trigger code from PoP but still nothing except a weird smoke. If anyone can manage to get that working, please tell to me so I can start this awesome mod. Thanks.  :cry:

Hmm do tell if you manage something :smile:  I am not to sure what to do and most topics i did read point towards source code

I give up since it's becoming frustrating, I even tried to download another mod with muskets and copy it but of course doesn't work. If you are still trying, good luck and I hope you can do it. I'll stick with 0.772.  :cry:

Back
Top Bottom