• Yes ill be playing Fire and Sword alot more than Warband

Votes: 66 6.7%
  • No ill be playing Warband alot more than Fire and Sword

Votes: 259 26.5%
  • Im not sure im 50/50

Votes: 246 25.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I got Fire and Sword because I liked the idea of Mount and Blade with a story. I expected it to be at least as functional as one of the larger warband mods. I was disappointed.

Tal said:
At 1655 were no tournements in eastern europe.
You make your own character.
The fix for upgrading is out, user mod.
The addon is not about marriage (in saving private ryan was no marriage too!)
You can have your own country but you cant rename Sweden to Redus for example because addon is more historical.

If you would complain that some spears got translated as lances I would agree but if you complain that addon is not a fantasy world...

I can accept the missing of tournements and some other minor things. They tried to replace it with some brawling system, does not mean it is not missing. The creating of a background is something I values, true I can live without it. I did not pay that guy 15 euro's, I payed the company 15 euro's. This addon is not about marriage? Neither was Warband really, but it all part of creating your own story.

It's not that one of these things is a big problem, but it is, for me atleast, the sum of it all that makes this game such a disapointment. It would have been good enough as an unpaid expansion, but for 15 euro's I did expected more then what we have now.

All this talk of low prices for games meaning that you shouldn't expect much from them is utter crap. I paid £30 for Dragon Age 2, and played it for 5 hours before just giving up on it. I bought Minecraft for £9.50 (pretty close to WFaS's price, at least from GamersGate) and have 100+ hours on it. A low price is not justification for spurting out an unpolished downgrade from a previous game. Even the original free WFaS mod was better than this - at least that had cannons and boats!

This browl thing is terrible, and very boring after a few times... just a little creativity or imagination is what this team needed, but a dont find it in the game.
How about duels? Do you guys see that movie?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075968/
its absloutely the same feeling, just think about it, if u won many duel u being famous (got more renown) i dont think this is so hard to implement in the game, even the modders do that in a few WB mod...

I got Fire and Sword because I liked the idea of Mount and Blade with a story. I expected it to be at least as functional as one of the larger warband mods. I was disappointed.

You're dissapointed? I wonder how people in central and eastern Europe should feel then...  :roll:

Many of them bought this game in December 2009 for price almost equal to Warband's. They actually payed for being beta testers (but they didn't know it then), because game was unplayable on the day of release (and long after). A year later developer finally fixed most of the annoying bugs and switched to Warband engine to add support for multiplayer... but instead of releasing a patch or an upgrade for those, who already bought WF&S game, they released it as another standalone game.

All in all, players in central and eastern Europe were charged TWICE for one game. They payed full price in December 2009 and again they had to pay the same sum in December 2010 if they wanted to have all the features* that developer PROMISED to add to the first WF&S in one of the patches (what never happened).

So stop complaining, cause you don't have that bad. :wink:

*- not all actually. Even though multi was added, things like formations and better siege system still remain only in our dreams...

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:

It does not mean that I should stop complaining it mean they have the right to complain louder :razz:

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:

You're dissapointed? I wonder how people in central and eastern Europe should feel then...  :roll:

Many of them bought this game in December 2009 for price almost equal to Warband's. They actually payed for being beta testers (but they didn't know it then), because game was unplayable on the day of release (and long after). A year later developer finally fixed most of the annoying bugs and switched to Warband engine to add support for multiplayer... but instead of releasing a patch or an upgrade for those, who already bought WF&S game, they released it as another standalone game.

All in all, players in central and eastern Europe were charged TWICE for one game. They payed full price in December 2009 and again they had to pay the same sum in December 2010 if they wanted to have all the features* that developer PROMISED to add to the first WF&S in one of the patches (what never happened).

*- not all actually. Even though multi was added, things like formations and better siege system still remain only in our dreams...

I'm speechless, if I had known this I would never have bought Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword.

I wish I had known, I hope TaleWorlds never works with those guys again. I felt sorry for myself for having wasted money on this game, I feel even worse for the lovely eastern European people who did now.

Because the inner crew that worked on Warband actually took fixing things very seriously, and I would like them to continue getting paid.  Preferably on something else, like a real sequel, as soon as the worst of the bugs in this have been fixed.

^^^ Taleworlds + Type-Moon = ???  :smile:

Seriously though, I do hope they would hammer out the bugs and add a female option ASAP. WFAS is being a major Base Breaker and causing severe division among the fanbase. Let us hope this won't persist for longer than a few weeks.

Wholeheartedly agreed.  That issue really stuck in my craw; other than things like the upgrade bug and a few other big nasties, the rest of my gripes are balance / design quibbles that I could fix with a mod if I wanted to. 

The lack of MS source at release, which would have made most of my main gripes moot as quickly as I could have written a patch-mod (probably faster than the hours spent arguing with trolls about it, tbh) is somewhat whacky; if this is pretty much just Warband, then where's the python?

Let's wait and see what the bring in future patches.
The game was released 2 days ago, so come on.

But yes, at this state Warband has far better options etc.
But god, give them a chance to patch it up, and for the modders to maybe bring some of the old features from Warband into WF&S.

from what Slawomir of Aaarrgh wrote regarding how the Eastern European countries were treated by the creators of this "Mod", the wait for patches/updates could be a while, does seem a shame Taleworlds got mixed up with them. I just hope the source turns up for "inhouse" patches to be made.

xenoargh said:
Wholeheartedly agreed.  That issue really stuck in my craw; other than things like the upgrade bug and a few other big nasties, the rest of my gripes are balance / design quibbles that I could fix with a mod if I wanted to. 

The lack of MS source at release, which would have made most of my main gripes moot as quickly as I could have written a patch-mod (probably faster than the hours spent arguing with trolls about it, tbh) is somewhat whacky; if this is pretty much just Warband, then where's the python?

Don't we always have to wait for the MS for a few days anyway? Aside from that, I think they may be waiting to release the patch for Warband first so they can release the MS for both.

I won't port my mod again to another system, which is fully of bugs and bad designs which won't be totally fixed in our sun's life.

So I don't care about WFaS's MS, I just hope that TW adds the new operations which were used in WFaS(if there is any) back into Warband.
It shouldn't be hard at all, technically, cause obviously there is no hard coded change in WFaS.

But from marketing perspective, I doubt if they will do so. They might want the modding community to turn on WFaS by stop supporting Warband MS. Now my hope is TW does get more income from Warband than from WFaS, so they won't plan to  throw Warband modding community out of window.

Back
Top Bottom