Votes: 66 6.7%
  • No ill be playing Warband alot more than Fire and Sword

Votes: 259 26.5%
  • Im not sure im 50/50

Votes: 246 25.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Archonsod said:
Dunno about single player cuz I haven't played it long enough, but WFaS multiplayer is one massive improvement over Warband.

May I ask how by the way?

Sorry for double post

Sseatris said:
@Rewjeo

Sorry if i'm a bit off topic, but I wanted to point out that i never mentioned that taleworlds had, would've, or could've created this monstrosity, only that it would very likely be affecting the actual Taleworlds sales in the future. Your nerd-rage is misdirected. It's simply a bad idea for a developer to slap their name on something that would almost assuredly depreciate their own sales in the future.
It wasn't just you. I've seen a lot of it and it bugs me when people assume something that's incorrect. Repeatedly. Even though it's been said repeatedly that the assumption is wrong. I don't even own this game and don't plan on getting it for at least another month. But I do see what you mean now, although people that were disappointed with WFaS probably already had M&B/WB, so like 99% of them will check out the next game anyways.

Any comments regarding the part about the fact that Warband has a lot of mods that add features?

Also, even size 14 font is really big... It didn't look that big before... I did want slightly larger font, but that big didn't do me any favors. I was not THAT annoyed.

Sseatris said:
@Rewjeo

Sorry if i'm a bit off topic, but I wanted to point out that i never mentioned that taleworlds had, would've, or could've created this monstrosity, only that it would very likely be affecting the actual Taleworlds sales in the future. Your nerd-rage is misdirected. It's simply a bad idea for a developer to slap their name on something that would almost assuredly depreciate their own sales in the future.

I agree, its up to taleworlds to fix this if they want repeat customer, its a franschi that sold well alot of people pre orders on the bases of fact that warband was so good and frist one was good, so they bought this.

this pretty much same bad idea tht 2k games had when remaking civlization 5 in a diffrent image and not sticking with what they had, I do not think they should called this mount and blade they should just called it fire and sword and left mount and blade part out of it.

no I do not trust the mount and blade brand to be honest, I am not sure if i will buy a new mount and blade game or not, I probly wait till reviews come out form players on forums on future mount and blade games.

but i will never pre order mount and blade game agin.

I think I would been more happy with a remake of warband putting it int he 1200s around eurp, and then adding mutiplayer campagin mode where i could compete with one freind in a mutplayer isngle player style game would made me more happy then fire and sword, now I do like fire and sword guns so forth but I just dont like rest of it so far to many bugs hope they get fixed o and gimped features and having a story in my mount and blade games do not impress me could care less about a story.

i would like to say this game is terrible compared to warband. could have been so, so much better but it seems to me like the developers didnt really put their hearts into this at all, which is disappointing because i cannot get my money back. this game goes into a dusty corner for a few months till some decent mods come out. if they do at all, that is.

I am a Warband fan. I have played thousands of hours and loved it but I am very disappointed by Fire and Sword and I expected so much from it  :sad:. It s just a bad made game. It s not a war simulation so it s suppose to be fun but it s not. Here are some bad things that make the game disappointing:
        - Very easy difficulty is hard. Two shots from a musket and you are dead. Peasents from villages have muckets and their skill is sometimes better then mercenary musketeers. You cannot do anything in the game except hire  a huge army and wait for them to win the battle. In warband you were the heart and soul of the army. You charged into the enemy s army in the front line and fought for your victory. In this stupid game if you rise your head over the front line a peasant with a homemade musket will blow it away even at 13% difficulty.
      - Unbalanced weapons that don t make any sense. So if you hit a guy with the sword in the head (with no helmet) from the horse you have to hit him 2 or 3 times but if you shoot him in the ass with the musket you kill him, although he has leather armor.
      - Horses are insanely slow. A running farmer with a pike can catch you if you stumble on to something and it s very hard to catch the routing enemies.
      - Because of the huge damage done by muskets bows are useless in the game.
      - There are no medium armors available in the beginning of the game. So you must were a rag with + 5 protection until you afford to buy a good armor with 25 + protection.
      - If you wait in the market to listen to trade tips you get a tip to buy some stuff from that town that you never find.
      These flaws make the game un enjoyable.
      To make the game fun please use the same damage balance between weapons as used in Warband. That made sense. Replace the crossbow with the musket using the same damage and reloading time. And make the horses gallop as the same speed as in warband.
Until taleworlds/paradox decide to fix those issues I will stick with warband because fire and sword is no fun at all, just a pain in the ass/lose your time game without having any fun.

Hummm, errr.... no it's not better lmao. By what I've seen (haven't played it though), it looks exactly like Warband, with little different (better) looking New Units, but Castle Sieges are still just "wang bang get in the Castle and Swing wildly on the castle walls till every enemy is dead"-Style. I love Warband, I stick with it, end of the line.

You guys need to stop trying to compare this to Warband. It's set in a different era and was made by fans(Not Taleworld) for the fans to answer a need for a game set in early modern Eastern Europe. It was not meant to be a sequel or replacement for Warband. It's just something different, a change of pace, and maybe not for everyone. But trust me, there are people who just love this era and history. Anyways, it's only half the price. If it doesn't suit you, please don't bash it. If it has some bugs, please try to be constructive instead.

For those of you who came to the conclusion that this game would be a sequel to Warband, well what can be said? Live and learn. Always read up about the purchases you're about to make so you have a better idea of what you're getting.

aelevarac said:
        - Very easy difficulty is hard. Two shots from a musket and you are dead.
      - Because of the huge damage done by muskets bows are useless in the game.
      - There are no medium armors available in the beginning of the game. So you must were a rag with + 5 protection until you afford to buy a good armor with 25 + protection.

Actually, these 3 things you listed made me want Fire and Sword better then ever.

I love it when there is weak armor but high damage firearms (like in western mod: grey overcoat, 6 body armor. Winchester repeater rifle, somewhere between 45-50 damage  :twisted:)

For what it is worth, my opinion.
Based on my reading the pre launch reviews, posts, and watching the videos, I formed opinions and expectations of what WF&S would be like, but it has fallen far short of my expectations and has failed to meet the pre sales hype. It sadly is far from being a polished product, though it would appear it has met the expectaions of the beta testers  :???: unless of course the feedback was not taken into account when launching the product.
For those who are happy with the release, then I am really pleased.  :grin:
Asking if it is better than Warband is a fair question as many, like myself, mistakenly thought it would be an enhancment to Warband, NOT a port or a Mod based around the original M&B, so those people, like me, will be dissapointed in varying degrees from a tad to "will never recover". I am not too sure what the modders can do with this that could not be done with the Warband release, time will tell. Me, I expected a Mod better than those I had played with M&B or Warband Mods, and that is not what I got, it is miles away from the best, and a long way off from most.
So, is it better than Warband, a definate no, will it be in the future with the bugs fixed, and brought up to the same level of finish as Warband is now, maybe, for those who are not too dissapointed at this time, but for many this is a bitter pill, and a lesson learnt.

Sir Arrowhead said:
You guys need to stop trying to compare this to Warband. It's set in a different era and was made by fans(Not Taleworld) for the fans to answer a need for a game set in early modern Eastern Europe. It was not meant to be a sequel or replacement for Warband. It's just something different, a change of pace, and maybe not for everyone. But trust me, there are people who just love this era and history. Anyways, it's only half the price. If it doesn't suit you, please don't bash it. If it has some bugs, please try to be constructive instead.

For those of you who came to the conclusion that this game would be a sequel to Warband, well what can be said? Live and learn. Always read up about the purchases you're about to make so you have a better idea of what you're getting.

LoL man, just look around the topic: caravanserai
THAT mods made by fans and most of them BETTER than WFS. and its all free, not 12-14$

hmm, can't you form your own empire? I think the 1st guy you meet tells you that its possible, or do they mean like a rebel as in vanilla M&B?

I'm a big believer of voting with your money and this game is so bad I think I won't be purchasing another taleworlds game ever.
This doesn't feel like a game but a way to trick me out of 15 dollars especially considering there is no mention of it being made by another developer anywhere on the steam store page.

Multiplayer in WFaS somehow seems more balanced to me than Warband. Heavy weapons are slow for the most part, so we dont see alot of these spam-feinting 2handers - the average player in Warband native. 1handers on the other hand are very fast (some extremely fast). Horses are not as fast or manoeuvrable as in Warband either and pikes have become more useful with much longer range, and finally, the firearms are implemented, making people vulnerable but more or less deadly depending on their aiming skills and speed.
Overall these things are why native multiplayer in WFaS seems better to me.

This game isn't better then warband it's just different. It's like comparin Vikingr with CRPG.

I am enjoying this game and can't wait for the bugfix patches so I can enjoy it even more. It took a lot of option out  but also added a lot of new ones. The new and "improved" quests are one of my favorites.

The only thing that is bothering me is the fact that I now have to learn the map and all of it's cities + Characters. Why so much!  :sad:

If I had paid 100€ for Mount and Blade and Mount and Blade: Warband EACH, I'd still be satisfied with my purchase.

I'm genuinely sad and remorseful for wasting 14€ on Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword.

The best thing about Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword is that it made me want to go back and play Mount and Blade: Warband again :smile:

Ruben Thomas said:
The best thing about Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword is that it made me want to go back and play Mount and Blade: Warband again :smile:
I'd think it was a cunning marketing strategy to make warband look even better by releasing a horrible version by another company if they hadn't slapped taleworlds all over it :roll:

GUSTA said:
That being said Warband is a WAY more polished experience, but you guys really shouldn't have expected as much from a 13.50 standalone DLC.

I was expecting more of the same, but in a different setting with guns. I mean some change that I might dislike, but not this. No tournements, no character background, no upgrading (bug), no marrige, no owning your own country.

The "it's just different" excuses works when you comparing EvE with WoW not when you comparing an expansion of something. It is not different at all. It is Warband with feature removed and changed. I mean it not extreamly bad, but a disapointment none the less. Beside the way you recruit units and the removed feature I fail to see the difference. Admittingly waiting for a proper fix to the upgrading of units before continueing with the singleplayer campaign.

Do enjoy Multiplayer so far though.

Redus said:
GUSTA said:
That being said Warband is a WAY more polished experience, but you guys really shouldn't have expected as much from a 13.50 standalone DLC.

No tournements, no character background, no upgrading (bug), no marrige, no owning your own country.

At 1655 were no tournements in eastern europe.
You make your own character.
The fix for upgrading is out, user mod.
The addon is not about marriage (in saving private ryan was no marriage too!)
You can have your own country but you cant rename Sweden to Redus for example because addon is more historical.

If you would complain that some spears got translated as lances I would agree but if you complain that addon is not a fantasy world...

Back
Top Bottom