Resolved Scene Editor Finally got my main_map to load but now I spawn under terrain by miles and I’m stuck in top down view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main

Lonewarrior

Sergeant
Sorry for another bug report, my other bug is still there but I finally got my map from 1.5.4 to load in game but now I’m stuck under the terrain.
It spawns me about a mile under the floor even though the navmesh is correct in the scene editor and is actually above ground.

It seems to have shifted the map ground a mile or so into the air, any idea what causes this?
I have tried various methods from changing to the base game “settlements” file and it still happens.

Also the view gets locked in top down so I’m stuck viewing only from above

The only solution to this would be to edit every object in the map and alter the ground levels to lower them.
But in the editor the land levels etc are different to those showing in game so it’s next to impossible when I can’t see where these objects and land will end up in game without closing the mod tools and loading the game up after every edit.
This would probably takes years to get it right.

It was working in 1.5.4 but something in 1.5.5 changed to cause this.

EDIT: others Also confirm this on my map now

EDIT 2: if I move the terrain I still spawn under it, I’ve moved it hundreds of miles down but I still spawn under the terrain. How is that possible as the character moves via navmesh and I haven’t moved the navmesh

EDIT 3: lowering the terrain past a certain point crashes the game.

Please look into this. I spent 100s of hours on that map and if you can fix the mod tools and I have to start from scratch I will, but I’m sure you can reverse whatever you did To change whatever has to be wrong between the updates causing this weird error.

I’ve gone back to 1.5.4 Beta and the map works , tested upgrading to 1.5.5 again and the height bug returns

Last edited:
I have been experiencing the same issue, and to add to this I found that the game seems to be snapping prefabs on the main map (custom) to a point below the terrain which matches where the player map icon spawns
462758514ceb01ebc4ea011abe5c4884.jpg

that area there is where the player will be when I test the map ingame, like the game thinks that the terrain is actually down there

Bump, same problem. My terrain is loaded , also navmesh, but the player is riding in the air, and the terrain heights is recognized as default Sandbox terrain. Moreover, loading any scene named Main_map in the editor (excepting original), breaks the physical terrain model.

Tested, on 1.5.5 and 1.5.6

example.gif

Last edited:
Forwarded to the developers for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Additionally this may help:

This is what someone else sent me:

Hey, I found a way of somewhat fixing it. I basically opened the scenes.xscenes fine via Notepad++ but any text editor will do.

<terrain enabled="true" node_dimension_x="16" node_dimension_y="16" node_size="53.000" lod_multiplier="3.000" min_height="-0.609" max_height="23.139" vista_normalmap="" vista_diffuse_name="" vista_diffuse_blend_type="1" vista_diffuse_blend_amount="1.000" vista_layer_detail_distance="10000.000" vista_albedo_multiplier="0.670" vista_detail_albedo_name="" vista_detail_normal_name="" vista_detail_tile="1.000" vista_tileset="WorldMap" colormap_detail_level="0" ao_intensity="4.000">

The only bit that I changed was min_height="-0.609" max_height="23.139" as mine was different to theirs. Having done this is somewhat works, its still off and its as if it is using the default map for some ground levels. So, its a temporary fix not a complete fix.

However the only way for me to get this to run the map was wet both to 0 and 0 and then the map was flat but playable.

Setting to anything else at all left me at the wrong ground level as well as the terrain too high or too low.

The player seems to always spawn at the “minimum” height of both values are the same but changing the max height throws everything off again.

Maybe this info will help the devs locate the issue

Can you send us the scene files?
RAR/ZIP the scene files and upload the RAR/ZIP to upload.taleworlds.com. With the URL of this thread and your username to be written to the description. There are 2 folders located under the below paths with your scene name:
  • WOTS\Modules\SandBox\SceneObj
  • WOTS\Modules\SandBox\SceneEditData

I am marking this thread as resolved because we did not get the information asked in time. If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know by leaving a reply to this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom