Final Release Date

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
¡Hi, travellers!

I've buyed my license on-line few weeks ago, here, in spain, is 19th Sep, can i download the final version? Where is the link?, or maybe the .960 actualizes itself in the 'Search for new versions" option in the main menu? (Where we select the scenario, config, et cetera)

Thanks!

Thanks Armagan for the wonderful news!

What I really enjoyed about this game, besides gameplay, graphics, music, etc... was the fact that it was constantly modified and improuved. This kept us, the players, on the edge always expecting more.

I hope you guys won't stop and after the final verison will be released and will consider a way to continue with a "Mount and Blade 2" or something!

Best wishes,
W.

Verisius said:
Or maybe we'll actually buy the game rather than screw Armagan over by torrenting like a noob.
I already bought the game a long time ago and the admins say it's fine to torrent (you just can't discuss how)... what is your problem?

Coto said:
wtf people. if any of you knew what a torrent was then you would have had 1.0 days ago.

Just to be sure.. Do you know what a torrent is? It does in no way refer to illegal downloading of software. It just a method of distribution. Did you know that all the WoW patches are downloaded by a built-in torrent client (I just know, I don't play WoW  :grin: ), as are many linux distribution. If the files in the torrent are exactly the same as you would get by downloading it from the taleworlds official mirrors, what's the difference? Nothing. The game won't be fully playable if you don't have a serial code, which no one but the people who bought the game has.

That being said, if there will only be a few download locations with limited bandwight, an additional (maybe even official) torrent download would speed up the process. For example, people who downloaded the game from a place like the filefront, could start seeding the game for others. That way, everyone would be happier :smile:

to be honest i don't care what a torrent is! All I care about is that I bought the Game from Taleworlds Months ago and therefore helped with my money at an very early stage that the Game is where it is today but instead of honuring my early commitment to the project, taleworlds make me and all other Fans of the first Generation to wait the longest to play the finished Game. A fact I find very annoying!!!

In fact M&B and other games from Paradox are still avaiable through the Paradox Press FTP which is bad for them!! So there's no need for torrents (although you'd probably download it faster from torrent).

BloodLuster said:
In fact M&B and other games from Paradox are still avaiable through the Paradox Press FTP which is bad for them!! So there's no need for torrents (although you'd probably download it faster from torrent).
Not true. Paradox pulled the M&B 1.0 press copy installer from their FTP within a day of it being found out here. They still have plenty of other stuff (common screenshots, the official trailer, etc.), but no installer.

Anyway, the official release and first patch should be available here later today, so...

BloodLuster said:

What I meant with the whole torrent this was that when this game (which I bought 3 years ago, just for the record) will be officially available for download later today, an additional torrent download would possibly make the downloading faster for a lot people. If I remember correctly from the previous versions, the servers where the files are uploaded (like filefront, 2shared and MBrepository) are usually under heavy downloading right after a big release. That's where a torrent would be handy. My memory also tells me that at some point I have downloaded the game from an official or unofficial torrent and it was a lot faster than using the mirrors.

Edit. My point is that I couldn't even download it fluently from the mirrors (it gave 5-20kb/s vs. 70-90kb/s from the torrent) for a few days. If the mirrors are under a lot of stress, could be that we won't have the game for a while even if it's released.

Janus said:
BloodLuster said:
Not true. Paradox pulled the M&B 1.0 press copy installer from their FTP within a day of it being found out here. They still have plenty of other stuff (common screenshots, the official trailer, etc.), but no installer.

Anyway, the official release and first patch should be available here later today, so...

It's true. I was still able to enter the folder that contained the files and see them but they don't exist! Probably because I haven't deleted my internet temp files!

Sorry

Hi,
Downloaded the beta version of this game earlier this week and I must say its the best £20 I have ever spent. Thank you armagan and all your team for creating such a fantastic game I wish I had heard of it sooner! Am eagerly anticipating final release have played nothing else all week! Congrats again on such a superb game will tell all my friends about it!
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

RHODOKS RULE!

eatingjoe23 said:
Hi,
Downloaded the beta version of this game earlier this week and I must say its the best £20 I have ever spent. Thank you armagan and all your team for creating such a fantastic game I wish I had heard of it sooner! Am eagerly anticipating final release have played nothing else all week! Congrats again on such a superb game will tell all my friends about it!
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

RHODOKS RULE!

My thoughts exactly :smile:

... Apart from the Rhodoks ruling thing...  :wink:

I just have to say that I've been dreaming about this day for 3 years and I'm very damn happy that it's finally upon us. Even if I had to wait for one more week. :cool:

I must say, I do find it disappointing that  anyone can download the full versiona and play here :
http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php?page=shop&what=cart

But we who supported this game through its beta stages and prepaid for it are required to wait now
while its avilable for download elsewhere.

:???:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom