Resolved Fief election despite promoted companion owns it

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
How to Reproduce: Capture a settlement, grant it to vassal. Fief Election will still start with different vassals, ignoring the ownership of the promoted vassal.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): Varcheg
Media (Screenshots & Video): I can provide a save game, if it is needed.
Computer Specs: I don't think that has influence on that bug :smile:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

The behavior that happens to be is, I conquered Varcheg. I directly grant it to a companion that I promote therefore paying the influence cost. No matter if I do that before or while the fief election notification is active, it will resolve that correctly with the note that it is already resolved. So far so good. But then, a day or two later, another election starts for the exact fief, Varcheg in this case, with completely different vassals, no way to leave the fief with the promoted companion for which I already payed 500 influence.

As there is another election coming up right after the one that was considered to be settled I feel this is a bug...

I can provide a save game if necessary :smile:

A save file would be great.
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hey, i have forwarded the file and the issue to the devs. Thank you for your time and sorry for any inconvenience.

Hey, the post says the game version is e1.6.4 but our team was not able to reproduce the issue on that version. Is there any chance that the game is on e1.6.5?

Hey, the QA team wanted me to verify the version after testing the file. I will forward the info to them ASAP. Thank you for your time.

Hey, currently the game is on 1.6.5, steam. But I started that campaign in 1.6.3 :smile:
The bug definitely occured before the 1.6.5 patch, so before Dec. 10th.
But I can confirm it happens in 1.6.5 as well, with the same save game.

With the save game the bug _should_ be easy to reproduce.
Scenario is; Varcheg is just conquered and no election yet happened. I directly grant it to Oleg the Lucky who is in my party. Shortly after election coes up, which will state that it is not relevant any more. So far so good.
But _then_ after a while the exact same election happens _again_ ignoring the already happened assignment of Oleg.

I hope that helps, thank you very very much for support and takin care :smile:)))))

I haven't tried it in 1.7 beta yet, but this happens because the game gives the faction ruler ownership/control over a captured fief in the interlude time before the election for the fief owner. During this time the player can use the fief to promote a wander into a new clan. This is actually a great advantage for the player to be able field new clans without having to also win the election to "own" the fief properly first. SO the question may be more : does TW the player to have this ability?

Anyways I can't find any changes in patch notes about this but I will let you know after I try it out myself in 1.7 beta.

With the update dec 16th:

• Players can no longer grant a settlement that has a voting procedure in progress which can affect the ownership of the settlement.

I think that fixes this issue completely :smile:
(A pitty for what I tried but I get why you guys changed it the way it is now :wink: )

With the update dec 16th:

• Players can no longer grant a settlement that has a voting procedure in progress which can affect the ownership of the settlement.

I think that fixes this issue completely :smile:
(A pitty for what I tried but I get why you guys changed it the way it is now :wink: )

That sounds more like a "we make this bug/issue a feature" solution.... I got atm 6 clans in my kingdom. 2 of which is promioted companions that was from the very start. After I got more clans to join it also became harder for me to take a castle/town for my own. The clans that joined me have had people start die off. So I got a need to either promote a companion to a noble, or recruit some other clan. You can't promote a companion as a noble without give them a castle/town which is imho bad, when the next castle you grab you have other clans that want them, but doesn't really have people left to support them.

I personally cannot test in 1.7 as I don't have a beta key
Hey, you should be able to change the version from Steam launcher. However, the beta is only available on Steam. Right click to the game on Steam library, go for "properties" and "BETAS" options, there you can find the latest BETA version and switch to it.

Hey, you should be able to change the version from Steam launcher. However, the beta is only available on Steam. Right click to the game on Steam library, go for "properties" and "BETAS" options, there you can find the latest BETA version and switch to it.
Hey, that does not work for me, as it requires a beta key to be able to switch :smile:
However 1.7 is released, so we will see how it behaves after a while (need to play up to that point first)

This said, overall I personally agree with what Gadheras wrote two posts before, just for the record :smile:

Hello, i can reproduce this easily in 1.7.0.
As i work in QA let me actually describe the issue :smile:

When a player on king tier conquers a fief or if other vassals conquer a fief, the player can recruit a companion, and give him the fief directly.

note: the fief is given to the player as soon as its conquered
note: a voting procedure is in progress

Steps:1.
1. Conquer a fief
2. Go to tavern and recruit a companion if you dont have one already in party
3. Open chat window with companion in your party
4. Give the fief to the companion and promote it to noble
5. The voting happens for the fief
6. in my case the companion even though he already had the fief lost it via vote to another clan

Need anything else ?

Hey, i have been informed that this issue is fixed and the fix will be implemented with further updates. Thank you for your time and sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom