MP Native Feudal World

Users who are viewing this thread

domipoppe said:
- Public module: No player_joined server trigger
- Private module: player_joined server trigger
You could just do that, but if the scripts that trigger might call were still left in the module, people might be able to guess a few lines of code to add back in so it works again. The proper way to make it impossible for unauthorised people to host servers is to never make public the hundreds to thousands of lines of code that are only run on servers.

To get back to the main topic: the feature ideas in this mod seem interesting, and it gives me pleasure to see some PW code being used to create major new scripted features. Not sure how some of them will work in practice, but it's good that someone with the desire will at least try them out.

mcwiggum said:
Turns out you have to go to the forums and download the map from there.

Ps it's laggier than regular PW fps wise.  :razz:

Ive heard from most of the community that they have better frame rates. It might be one of your setting not agreeing with the mod.

Vornne said:
To get back to the main topic: the feature ideas in this mod seem interesting, and it gives me pleasure to see some PW code being used to create major new scripted features. Not sure how some of them will work in practice, but it's good that someone with the desire will at least try them out.

Thank you  :grin:

Jazora said:
mcwiggum said:
Turns out you have to go to the forums and download the map from there.

Ps it's laggier than regular PW fps wise.  :razz:

Ive heard from most of the community that they have better frame rates. It might be one of your setting not agreeing with the mod.

Vornne said:

Thank you  :grin:

I can agree that the FPS is extremely worse, I have a very good PC and on PW I didn't even lag! I had to lower all the settings to get 20 FPS...

Gab-AG. said:
I can agree that the FPS is extremely worse, I have a very good PC and on PW I didn't even lag! I had to lower all the settings to get 20 FPS...

FPS is somewhat more stable and considerably higher for me when a map without clients on FW is compared to an equiv map (size, number of props) without clients on PW - I max out FPS on FW whilst PW has lower FPS.

Specifically on FW the FPS is considerably more consistent (still with no clients on a server) as to which direction you look (I reach the max fps no matter where I look, capped at 60), though PW does have the issue where certain areas when faced result in a drop of fps.

Sadly this is not the case with active clients. My FPS drops to around 30-50 depending on the concentration of players on the map, making the game somewhat unplayable as far as fps goes with 100-200 players, which is the case also with PW.

This does not improve with modifcations to the graphical settings - running on highest or running on lowest makes no difference, so I can confidently (due to my observations, though possibly utterly wrong) say the low fps is potentially less to do with graphics and potentially more to do with hits on the CPU (my CPU is weak and old - AMD FX 4100 @ 4.0GHz) though my GPU is good enough (GTX 770 4GB).

I enjoyed a lot yesterday  :grin:

http://youtu.be/79m3oIhlBF0

I made simple trailer video about this mod

As you know some guys don't act as role play. I hope all player don't kill anybody for no reason. (sorry for my poor English)

As far as fixing the FPS goes, the only thing I could do is to reduce pretty much every aspect in the graphic settings (set DirectX to 7 in the game launcher). With this, you will have a ping of 50-60 on average and drop to 20-40 when in combat. While this is unfortunate, the mod offers many other means of having fun, that combat is only optional. X)

This mod is a 10/10 for me
the community is a 5/10

The features & the environment make this mod great for role playing.
placing an order with a blacksmith for swords to equip your soldiers, choosing your culture. mastering a profession!
this are all great things.
Only thing i disliked was the community, although the majority are people who enjoy role playing. there are clans like Godwins and not sure if i saw a few others who just group up and break RP . They do this by just grouping up and targeting people. they will rob you, and if you comply with their demands they will simply keep pushing the envelope until there is reason to kill you.
My experience with the Admins was great. with a server with 200 people on they handled my complaint quick and refunded when a refund needed to be done. they were understanding and kept their cool in specific situations.
so yeah the Mod it self is a masterpiece. but it does not move away from Admin dependency like i thought it would.

Arthur_Pendragon said:
This mod is a 10/10 for me
the community is a 5/10

The features & the environment make this mod great for role playing.
placing an order with a blacksmith for swords to equip your soldiers, choosing your culture. mastering a profession!
this are all great things.
Only thing i disliked was the community, although the majority are people who enjoy role playing. there are clans like Godwins and not sure if i saw a few others who just group up and break RP . They do this by just grouping up and targeting people. they will rob you, and if you comply with their demands they will simply keep pushing the envelope until there is reason to kill you.
My experience with the Admins was great. with a server with 200 people on they handled my complaint quick and refunded when a refund needed to be done. they were understanding and kept their cool in specific situations.
so yeah the Mod it self is a masterpiece. but it does not move away from Admin dependency like i thought it would.

I believe that maybe in time, people will understand how its meant to be played and actually get more active people into the roleplaying side.

I agree with Arthur, the Godwins tried to break up a massive group of cultists but were out numbered by 15 and pulled back. The Godwins imprisoned me, robbed me of clothes and money, then told me I leave or I would die. I don't mind that it was just they broke up what I was doing.

I think I only killed 3 people yesterday in no wars. PW would have been 30 in no wars. The larger clans like Baratheons are concentrating on getting money and making robbing parties, but I see a few of their vassals RPing which is great. A lot of players are enjoying the mod and as said hopefully the thorns turn into roses, or they'll be cut off.

QWW said:
I really appreciate you guys hosting the servers, but is there any chance of getting a North American server set up?
+1000
ive lost my equipment a hundred times due to ping making me lag out at times.
Although i like How EU and NA are playing together. The Ping just doesn't allow me to enjoy it. due to losing all i worked for multiple times.
If an NA server is put up though Please Make sure its in the right hands.

I'm not really into the PW mods, most because of the large maps.

But I played this for about 30 - 60 mins and I can say that it has got real potential. I like the fact that you can buy property and own property. A shame that I was playing on DX7..  :grin:

Arthur_Pendragon said:
QWW said:
I really appreciate you guys hosting the servers, but is there any chance of getting a North American server set up?
+1000
ive lost my equipment a hundred times due to ping making me lag out at times.
Although i like How EU and NA are playing together. The Ping just doesn't allow me to enjoy it. due to losing all i worked for multiple times.
If an NA server is put up though Please Make sure its in the right hands.

Yeah, I would hate to see the mod ruined by terrible admins. Also the ping makes anything other than serfing pretty much impossible.

The mod might be up with a new version later today or early tommorrow. Still working on a safer saving system.

Good, you have not abandoned us. X)

Also, I registered on the FW forum a few days back, so can you approve it or whatever?

Andrix said:
Good, you have not abandoned us. X)

Thank you guys for being patient with it  :grin:

Andrix said:
Also, I registered on the FW forum a few days back, so can you approve it or whatever?

I just accepted new accounts this morning, let me know if your not on.

Back
Top Bottom