MP Native Feudal World

Users who are viewing this thread

Was fun, to few people though, peaked at 20ish.

Bit of banner protecting;

zGjLBiv.jpg

:party:

Today we had a huge map update on the main town - where most of the action takes place normally. We rebuilt the city buildings and infrastructure and added a lot of detail on crafting, shopping and consuming buildings. Players should feel like the are walking through a real medieval city with narrow streets and enterable buildings for different goods. The tavern has been pimped as well. I thought we'd just share some screenshots. We are still searching for a whole bunch of new players (newbies welcome) to boost activity.

Gamerations team

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

That's often asked.

You can use shovels for...

...digging graves
...defending yourself
...attacking other players
...killing animals
...doing roleplay as a miner or worker

Decide for yourself what fits your needs best.  :grin:

We may have to close the server soon. Player count is decreasing horribly for no reason. We rebuilt the map, dealt with complaints in less than 24 hours and changed faction requests immediatelly. It's not possible to do more for a community. The mod seems dead - we must admit this now.

We'll be back with Bannerlord and our own mod anyways (http://www.moddb.com/mods/medievalism) - if no wonder happens and FW is worth the hard work we put in. :wink:

Canis Gid said:
We may have to close the server soon. Player count is decreasing horribly for no reason. We rebuilt the map, dealt with complaints in less than 24 hours and changed faction requests immediatelly. It's not possible to do more for a community. The mod seems dead - we must admit this now.

We'll be back with Bannerlord and our own mod anyways (http://www.moddb.com/mods/medievalism) - if no wonder happens and FW is worth the hard work we put in. :wink:

I am afraid that clans are not everything and that they do not mean that players will suddenly start playing. Being around from when the server first opened, I can tell that the playerbase was always the same. There was always this one clan with like 8 people playing. But really, what is there to expect from them? They have not got much to do except gearing up, there has not been one single valid war on the server, because of the reason that if there were by chance two clans playing at the same time, they would be peaceful and try not to get into conflict with each other. The only aggressive clan was banned from the server, which I still think is a mistake. You should have showed them the correct way no matter how long it took, you can't really enforce rules clearly made for a larger playerbase, you have to adapt. All the activity after that was set to around zero, there was nothing going on. I would say that you did do a fantastic job maintaining the server, but as I clearly stated before, it's all about adaptation.
Too bad, I was having much fun. But the instant the Hospitaliers joined I kind of knew what was going on. There was a small chance of "saving" the playerbase, but you really in the end can't revive a skeleton.

We discussed banning Berserks for a long time before we did it although things became hot that one day and it may seemed we decided very fast. We came to the conclusion that they are not able to learn any lesson and that this behaviour can't be tolerated. Otherwise our ruleset would be gone for ever and that's not the signal we wanted to send out. 3 days with not freetime after work for me because of rule breaks caused by them. As long as players complain we have to do what we promised and enforce the rules. So we did what we told them before and banned some of them.

Problem is: We had 24 players that one day. We thought it might increase gradually when players see that the server is full which in fact was the case for 2 weeks. We made a deal with Jazora and we reintroduced faction banners. But there was a turning point where player count didn't increase anymore and now it's impossible to come back to this point. It's sad but we can't force a dead mod to become as alive as we thought we would push it. All those previous ****ty servers and admins fragmented and frustrated the fans of this mod. We will run the server for 1 more week and close it if nothing special happens. We will concentrate on the Bannerlord mod then. The Feudal World server forced us to set up a web page and a forum so it has it's good results too. :wink:

Fallen_Sorrow said:
I would say that you did do a fantastic job maintaining the server, but as I clearly stated before, it's all about adaptation.
Thank you. Adapting PW-like styles is still a thing which will not happen with our projects. If that's the solution for a full server, we won't do it. And finally it's not innovative. We like to build stuff around a community instead of building a community around a game. We tryed this with stuff like the new map and fast and transparent administration. If the fan base transformed into a PW community, we won't build something around it, because it's ****. Not the mod itself, but what PW servers have become nowadays.

With our own mod we will try to fix all this, reducing rules and replacing them with smart code. Stay tuned.

At least you tried and you did it properly.

Sadly, I was not able to play last couple weeks since I had a lot of stuff to do.
Shame to see this go, but considering the reputation that this mod got because of the initial release(and you tried to fix) it is a wonder you even managed to revive it in any way for this long in the first place.

Props to you and good luck with your BL mod :smile:

Thank's for your support.

The (pre-payed) server is not offline yet, but chances are low that activity will increase again. A lot of new players will ask us for the server but it's useless if they join the server as small groups of 2 or 3, calling the mod "the best thing they ever played in M&B" and never coming back. It's dead. Some people here may knew this would happen but we don't care about it. We tried hard instead of being pessimistic all the day. Now it's time to be realistic and optimistic for Bannerlord. :smile:

Some server and economy statistics for those who are interested. Server crash (German provider had big issues with an anti-DDoS-unit, all client servers crashed) broke our neck too I suppose although it ran without any map reset for days. Time to say good bye Feudal World. :smile:

Click to enlarge

Back
Top Bottom