Resolved Female clan members can't marry

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I am married and both of my brothers are married but my sister won't. One of the clans in my kingdom has no heirs and I'm trying to get the leader to marry her. I propose marriage, he says, who's hand are you offering? I say, the hand of Alda (my sister) he says, well yes I was looking for a suitable match, then I have two options: yes. I would be honoured to be considered or hmm that might not work out. I say yes. Then he says, "ahh! Yes... We are considering offers... Did you have someone in mind? The only available option is never mind. And nothing happens. I tried it with a few different lords and same effect.

Last edited:
I'm having a similar bug. I am looking for someone to marry my sister Alea. I talked to Gyphor, chose the option that we could unite our houses in marriage, and offered the hand of Alea. Gyphor says "Well yes, I was looking for a suitable match". My only choices are "Yes. I would be honored to be considered." and "Hmm.. That might not work out." If I select yes, Gyphor (or whoever I talk to about this) says "Yes, we are considering offers. These things are not rushed into." to which I can only say "nevermind". I tried the same thing with my brother Nathanos and after I offered his hand, the lord said they could be married and it was done. So it seems only sisters (and maybe daughters, I haven't gotten that far) can't get married.

I was able to marry off my sister as long as I wasn't asking the person I wanted her to marry. For example, when I approached a single lord (I can't remember if he was a head of a clan) and chose the option "that we could unite our houses in marriage", I ran into the same issue as mistersir6, but when I asked a lord that had a son who was single, I was able to marry my sister off to the son.

I was able to marry off my sister as long as I wasn't asking the person I wanted her to marry. For example, when I approached a single lord (I can't remember if he was a head of a clan) and chose the option "that we could unite our houses in marriage", I ran into the same issue as mistersir6, but when I asked a lord that had a son who was single, I was able to marry my sister off to the son.
Does it have to be a son then? Because I tried marrying my sister Alda to Vipon. He doesn't have a son, but he has an unmarried male clan member Varymos(may be spelled wrong) but there was no other option.

I've never ever had the option to marry of my sister or brother for that matter to any leader of a clan in any of the patches.
I've tried to get rid of my brothers by marrying them of to Rhaega for instance, no luck.

I've trided to marry my sister of to Caladog, no luck.
When Godun dies, and his son is promoted to leader I tried to marry her to Lek(the son) no luck.
Note that I have in other plays married her of to Lek, when Godun was the leader.

So for me it looks like a "feature" that you cant marry them of to leaders of the clans(I dont think this is a good mechanics tbh).

So typically if I find a male in another clan who's not the leader I have had 0 issues marrying them of

Back
Top Bottom