Feature requests - Something to spend our gold on

Users who are viewing this thread

How about we can make our own farm that cost money to build ? you know have our own sheep, cows and plant things. Think me and Steve would run SP multiplayer mode all night with that. Also that you have to help defend the village if they got raided during your farming/building sessions. Its gonna be like an little retreat for those who want the simple life after the wars and perhaps having a wife/husband and children playing around by the wine yards :wink: who can get slaughtered if you dont protect them during the raids...Also Steve have to cut the sheep while i milk the cows but only after the new epic texture release

Last edited:
9. Hire bards and dancing girls. Jesters! Something to liven up the halls. :fruity: :fruity:

I can't understand why TW thinks that people are going to like barebones play. Bannerlod is really really shallow.

Look at this list of features from one modder: Nova Aetas Mod:

Amount of Features:
~ 329 ~

Jesus Christ... that sounds amazing. Even just one bit of that like having different nobility ranks would really enhance BL, if you had some motivation to do anything other than slaughter everyone.

That's WB though, not BL correct?

Jesus Christ... that sounds amazing. Even just one bit of that like having different nobility ranks would really enhance BL, if you had some motivation to do anything other than slaughter everyone.

That's WB though, not BL correct?

Yes, WB, dude is a legend modder. You can custom build your own town in the new world.

By the way, thank you everyone for the kind responses. I do hope the devs will pay attention and add some meat to this wonderful game.

Personally, I find early game is abit rushed, would be nicer if we started much younger, mid game is fine but late game is both tedious and monotonous.

Adding some if not all of these requests will go a long way towards adding much needed

Apologies if some or all of these have already been mentioned.

1. Rebuild villages or improve their productivity.
2. Send gifts to build better relations.
3. Hire spies to view distant lands
4. Hire assassins to kill nobles (to make this work, we'd need individual relationships with each noble and not a clanwide value). Make it ridiculously expensive and improbable. And they should be able to do the same to players. Like in warband.
5. Bribe guards to open the gate during a siege
6. Entice clans to rebel
7. Entice clans to have a separate peace.
8. Hire messengers!!
9. Hire bards and dancing girls. Jesters! Something to liven up the halls.
10. Hold special tournaments where we'd invite only nobles to participate. Need to own a town. No common riff raff and the prize would be spectacular like some of the named items that used to be in the game. Increase renown, relations and a chance to win something nice.
11. Of course feasts but please don't make us do the shopping like in warband. That bit was annoying.
12. Commission artworks for more renown (destructible)
13. Beautify the city (destructible)
14. Hire patrols
15. Bribe guards to sneak in or when caught, to get away
16. Hire recruiters
17. Spread vile rumors...
18. Upgrade troops
19. Town and castle improvements can be destroyed/degraded
20. Hire tutors
Lots of good ideas, especially patrols, messengers, gifts and special tournaments.

I'd also like it if we had a private quarters in our feifs that we could upgrade and decorate. They could add trophies and other items for us to decorate it with and have them be special rewards for achievements in the game and such! Imagine a portrait of all you best friends alone the walls!

ok, let me try a different approach then.

Bureaucracy.
Managing more than a village or castle by yourself requires delegating power, either to vassals who keep most income for themselves in exchange for upholding an army for you. Or you can restore the empire with the VERY costly professional imperial administration that goes with it.

Is not a smart idea. It's still a sandbox and you should be able to, if you want, to rule the whole world by yourself.

4. Hire assassins to kill nobles (to make this work, we'd need individual relationships with each noble and not a clanwide value). Make it ridiculously expensive and improbable. And they should be able to do the same to players. Like in warband.
6. Entice clans to rebel
8. Hire messengers!!
10. Hold special tournaments where we'd invite only nobles to participate. Need to own a town. No common riff raff and the prize would be spectacular like some of the named items that used to be in the game. Increase renown, relations and a chance to win something nice.
11. Of course feasts but please don't make us do the shopping like in warband. That bit was annoying.
14. Hire patrols
16. Hire recruiters
18. Upgrade troops
20. Hire tutors

Many really good ideas to fleshout the game. As it is now you usually end up with infinitive amounts of money and you dont really feel like a small time lord even tho you are a small time lord but you got 5 million gold.

6. Entice clans to rebel
8. Hire messengers!!
14. Hire patrols
16. Hire recruiters
18. Upgrade troops
20. Hire tutors

Really nice list of features, as said many times here, late game need to be fleshed out.
Basically, for now these millions can only serve to recruit clans to your kingdom. again , as said, tedious, monotonous.

When a kingdom starts to be proeminent on the world map, shouldn't it be natural that they start to build greater things? depending on their culture and on the megalomania of the ruler, they might build some kind kingdom wide improvement or marvels.
a - A great Academy : place you childs here and thet will get great skills in many fields and increased intelligence. (need pharaonic initial investment plus a decent upkeep, to pay the tutors) tutors might have to be hired from around the world, and will further increase their skills and knowlodge by staying in the academy
b - A grand market, where all caravans in the world will want to come once in a while and trade everything : pharaonic investment, but pays out nicely in the end.
c - Kingdom roads : step by step investment, that increases speed when used. good for trade and army moves. can be ordered anywhere by the king but if player is not king , should have permission of the landowners where the road will pass.

I sometimes play an arpg called path of exile, where the cost of gear is on an exponential curve, which is a good money sink.
No, no, no, no, no, no and NO.

Exponential curve IS **** and it's the CAUSE of the "too much money" problem in the game. It's not the SOLUTION !
The solution is the one that the guy posted just before you : that the more responaibilities you get, the more costs you incur, in a realistic fashion. No need to reinvent the wheel (and break the game, because exponential is, by essence, game-breaking due to stupid number inflation).

Make troops cost money. Make logistic cost money. Reduce insane gear price which means reducing massively player income from selling loot. And you'll fixe the game.

Reduce insane gear price which means reducing massively player income from selling loot. And you'll fixe the game.
I thought this was supposed to be automatic. I don't understand why the prices don't drop to earth levels, the game has a supply and demand mechanic.
I guess they will not fix this any time SOON.
Economy issues / problems are minor compared to other problems currently, these problems mentioned only effect small player groups. There is nothing new in 1.5s for economy. If there is anything urgent which effects most players badly I can look at however if problems are not urgent or only effects trader players these problems should wait. We need to spend time for designing and implementing first rebellions (100%) then alliances (not 100% decided yet) in next months. I do not want to lose focus thats why I prefer focusing diplomacy for a time period.

9. Hire bards and dancing girls. Jesters! Something to liven up the halls BALLS.

I thought this was supposed to be automatic. I don't understand why the prices don't drop to earth levels, the game has a supply and demand mechanic.
I guess they will not fix this any time SOON.
The prices are too jacked up to be constrained by the supplies and demand system. It needs to have at least somewhat realistic/coherent prices to work, because it only works within some reasonable brackets (you can't make a whole castle worth 5 gp just because lots of people will sell their castle, nor you can make a potatoe worth 10 millions even if there is a famine).

Gear prices are completely bonker, with a handful of high-grade javelins being worth more than a WHOLE EFFING CITY. You can't fix anything until you fix the formula behind these absurd prices.

Well, in order to make this work, they'd have to massively lower the amount of money needed to bribe lords to join your side. I just finished vanquishing all other factions and conquering the map and I was constantly short on money for bribes. Some are 1+ mil and if you don't want to just execute everyone, you need to bring some lords to your side. So that whole system would need an overhaul before requiring that more money be spent on a bunch of other stuff.
Agree, the amount required to get a lord to join you should be significantly reduced anyway. It is ridiculous to have to pay millions for a Lord to join you. Especially when that Lords faction is basically defeated. I liked VC where Lords would come to join you.

No, no, no, no, no, no and NO.

Exponential curve IS **** and it's the CAUSE of the "too much money" problem in the game. It's not the SOLUTION !
The solution is the one that the guy posted just before you : that the more responaibilities you get, the more costs you incur, in a realistic fashion. No need to reinvent the wheel (and break the game, because exponential is, by essence, game-breaking due to stupid number inflation).

Make troops cost money. Make logistic cost money. Reduce insane gear price which means reducing massively player income from selling loot. And you'll fixe the game.

Troops already cost money. Logistics is too complicated and in the historical setting was mainly forcing local farmers to give up their produce. Reducing gear prices means that you'll be rocking the best gear within days.

If you want realism, add demand economics. Flooding the market with super javelins crashes the market because only a handful of people need them. And by crashing I mean traders seeing those items as little more than scrap metal.
But that's an exponential curve as well. A declining one, but exponential all the same. The double hockeystick curve is the core of any market system.

Your idea makes fighting and selling loot a waste of time, reducing this game to a management sim. The core of this game should remain fighting small (<500 participants) battles.

Back
Top Bottom