Feast automation

Users who are viewing this thread

With more lords coming to your growing kingdom feasts become an important part of the lord relation management. Talking to each guest gives one point of relation once per day. Cool feature, what are we waiting for! Talk-click-exit-click, talk-click-exit-click, talk-click-exit-click, talk-click-exit-click… Rinse and repeat... Urgh! An hour later I want to invite them to my dungeon and leave them there forever.

So I’m thinking, is there a way to automate this process? Disable this feature completely but instead make every guest automatically receive one point of relation once per day. It will also solve another problem when only a fraction of your guests fits the castle hall.

This is possible, at least I can't see a reason why not. It is just not done with an easy tweak and requires some overview over the whole thing how feasts are handled. Once you know how the game handles feast you can throw your own script in. Sorry for giving just words and no script but this is a bit too complex (Not too hard though, I guess) to be answered by taking a quick look at some code.

Yeah it definately is possible. Something similar is already done in 1257ad for the relations bonus after a battle togethor with other lords, so maybe you could ask othr.

The procedure would be different. I've been through the relationchange after a battle and I haven't looked into the code for feasts but I bet it needs to be done with a different approach.

In the end I guess it is quite simple. I guess a log entry is done for the NPC to know that the relation should change. This needs to be blocked so you won't get a relation boost twice and do the change manually. May be you need to keep track of the guests and if relation already changed but that I don't know right now.

To explore this you will definetly a program that is able to search through many files. Notepad++ does it in case you don't use it already.

I think you should find the code itself in module_scripts and other parts in module_game_menus. I myself often traceback the stuff I want to edit by searching for a sentence used in that specific scene. If there is none....well, you could use search in this forum or simply try your patience/luck and search through the code. I still would start the search in game_menus.

Back
Top Bottom