Fatigue in Mount and Blade?

Users who are viewing this thread

What would you guys think of a fatigue system in Mount & Blade? It could add an interesting new level to the gameplay. Fatigue could be like your health, only that it regenerates when you're not doing strenuous activities (fighting, running, jumping). Also, when you become fatigued, negative effects could happen such as weapon and movement speed reductions. I think it would create a new dynamic in gameplay that would help to make the game a lot more strategic and team-based. Planning would have to be done, especially on the larger maps, where a large amount of distance needs to be covered to reach your opponent. It'd definitely make people think twice about charging straight at the enemies.

What do you think about this? Would it be a good or bad addition?

I would like it if a) the fatigue bar was pretty big (I don't want to get tired from 3 swings...) and b) it only reduced damage dealt or something, since preventing you from attacking altogether isn't such a good idea imo.  But I think the devs have already said no to this idea.

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
I would like it if a) the fatigue bar was pretty big (I don't want to get tired from 3 swings...) and b) it only reduced damage dealt or something, since preventing you from attacking altogether isn't such a good idea imo.  But I think the devs have already said no to this idea.
Ah, really? I suppose it'd make the game a little too realistic, and would probably take away from the fun of it. I guess this kind of stuff will stick with the RTS's then, huh?

It would really change the game: xbow men would be really better than archers, cavalry would pwn infantry ...

Karel said:
It would really change the game: xbow men would be really better than archers, cavalry would pwn infantry ...
No it wouldn't, since everyone would have stamina and different classes would have different stats...and if this was added, infantry could get a faster sprint that you activated by holding shift (or something).  But like I said, I seriously doubt it will happen.

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
Karel said:
No it wouldn't, since everyone would have stamina and different classes would have different stats...and if this was added, infantry could get a faster sprint that you activated by holding shift (or something).  But like I said, I seriously doubt it will happen.
Also, horses could have their own fatigue. Of course, it'd go down a lot slower than infantry, but it'd be an interesting addition. Does anyone know for sure if they said they won't add it? If so, It's time to look to modding, i think.

Back
Top Bottom