Fame

Users who are viewing this thread

Immortality

Recruit
Suggestions from the spanish community: http://www.clandlan.net/foros/index.php?showforum=113

To have "Fame".
For example when you leave a battle you lose fame, when you win it/rescue prisoners/etc you acquire fame.

Fame would be useful for:
- troop recuitment
- morale bonus
- enemy blackmailing
- get more money when you let the enemy go
- better rewards

Also it should be temporary. Every day get a -1 till 0, being 0 "normal" fame.

Oh, nono, none should stick. Fame should tend to 0 when days pass by. So if you have 20 Fame cos youve been good, tomorrow youll have 19 cos you didnt mantain it, and the same the other way around (cos the populace tends to forget things)  :mrgreen:

I like this suggestion--and I think it could be tied to even more things, like the types of quests you can get, what news the armor and shield merchants tell you, whether or not soldiers refuse to join with you (instead of them always joining), how attractive you are personally as a target in combat (maybe with some "Wanted Dead or Alive: x reward" where x increases depending on Fame or Infamy).

This could be tied to towns, so you could have different fame ratings in different towns (maybe due to fighting tournaments or completing more quests for a town).

This could also be tied to factions and be available for NPC parties, which I'd like to see expanded on anyway.  A specific NPC party that has killed/captured a lot of other parties would become a hated enemy to some, and a hero to others--eventually other NPC parties would start seeking to destroy it or join it. 

Faction ratings should still be there--for example, if one Dark party defeats a Vaegir party, all Dark parties would receive infamy with the Vaegir (and fame with the Swadians).  But a specific Dark party that slays many Swadian parties could overcome this, becoming a hero of Vaegirs despite the negative faction rating.

Finally, faction ratings should be more complex, and change over time according to faction power and the actions of parties.  Maybe mountain bandits and forest bandits start to hate each other and attack each other.  Maybe the Khergits and Swadians ally temporarily against the growing Vaegir threat. 

------
Some of this is probably moddable, and therefore doesn't need to be included in Native.  But adding support for more complex faction and fame ratings would provide a lot more room for modders to create interesting worlds and stories, and would give the player an illusion of materially affecting the game world as tales of their heroics and their misdeeds spread.

--Mydienon

Fame sounds lame. Honor/Dread or something like that would be a little nicer sounding.

Anyways, it's a pretty nice suggestion. This and more use of the faction standing system (so that having +100 compared to +3 would give you a benefit, in some way), would be really nice.

I'd like to see additional units to willingly join you at certain fame levels (say, at 20 fame/noteriety/whatever a band of 10 squires ask to join you).

Not only this, but maybe a few NPCs to join based on this.

See also, The Last Days Mod.  :shock: Look at it! Pet it!

Maybe it could be reflected on your charisma level,

eg: with level 10 charisma you could get -1
    with level 15 charisma you could get -1/2
    etc.

what do you think???

I'm sure something like this is already being put into the game, or will be.  I mean of course if you control an army changing tides of the war.  People will recognize you in your acts somehow.  It wouldn't be realistic if this wasn't put in, and that's a major factor of M&B from the start, realism.

This would be a good idea, but I'd worry about it making the game unbalanced. Like if they were going to put it in, I'd hope that the NPC's also can achieve fame and such in order to make it so that your army doesn't get to be supernaturally powerful and thus make their power grow exponentially due to excess of fame.

I wonder if its too early to start asking about whats going on in the new version.  :neutral:

I'd have to assume its storyline-intensive.

Sounds kind of cool, but just wondering, couldn't a "negative fame" be a GOOD thing, too, depending on who you're trying to recruit into your party or who's already in your party? If you end up picking up a bandit or something in your party, wouldn't he be likely to fight better if he had a badass commander?

Back
Top Bottom