Faction Leader tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Gwain

Squire
Ok I have joined a few factions, fought many wars and I have served under some great leaders and some bad ones.
So I ask you great leaders any tips?

step 1: organise your force

step 2: give people task's

step 3: make sure you have a functioning economy before starting a war, money wins wars.

step 4: know what your doing in a war this is where organisation is key, most people just say "war lulz" and expect their soldiers to do the rest.. nope you as a leader must use organisation to set up an organised attack. what would you rather your forces be? a mob or a disciplined force that knows what their doing.

step 5: dont be a ****. pay your soldier's. (where economy comes in)

basic 5 "rules" i guess  :wink:

edit.

also by any means stay ahead of the competition. forge alliances, always attempt to undermine other factions. show your the top gun, and not the water pistol.

95th_Daniel_Hagman said:

step 3: make sure you have a functioning economy before starting a war, money wins wars.

step 4: know what your doing in a war this is where organisation is key, most people just say "war lulz" and expect their soldiers to do the rest.. nope you as a leader must use organisation to set up an organised attack. what would you rather your forces be? a mob or a disciplined force that knows what their doing.

edit.

also by any means stay ahead of the competition. forge alliances, always attempt to undermine other factions. show your the top gun, and not the water pistol.

How does one economy?
I always see chests with atleast 30k every half an hour, is the goal to it to capture the towns or have the most serfs?

Fegelein said:
95th_Daniel_Hagman said:

edit.

How does one economy?
I always see chests with atleast 30k every half an hour, is the goal to it to capture the towns or have the most serfs?

with economy i mean stocked armoury and having a lot of money to fund wars (if you die etc) seen many people run around getting owned as they have nothing but a rusty sword

I only have a few. You must have money. Bravery does not win wars. Money wins wars. You could think otherwise but if someone has more money they pump out more troops. IF you have more troops you have more upgraded troops. With more upgraded troops means more battles won and fewer losses.

Never fight a battle you think cannot be won. Whoever can tell what battles he can and cannot fight will win (With enough money)

You also need alot of soldiers to start. Say a 20 troops. But that's not enough. That's the amount that are going to die. And at the end of a war you need some soldiers left, really, or else it looks like you've lost. 

Cheers for the tips so far keep em coming or if anyone else has any questions to help them be a better leader ask away.
OH Oh here's one do you treat your men with an iron fist or a woolly mitten?

It is all about the money, now. Sad... I remember when it was more about skill and cunning.

PW used to be tactical, but has since become strategic. Less about where your men are, how good they are, and how they've been placed and more about how many people you can put in heraldic armor with shields and good swords, as well as the stock.

:???:

EDIT: And numbers, although if anyone remembers the epic battle between the White Lions and the (Trolly) Roman Empire, their numbers and tin-cans did naught against us.

An insider who kept opening the gate for them and the fact that I didn't know the alt route to the cap point did, however, do us in in the end. :mad:

Discipline. people online tend not to listen if you announce orders like 5 times.

Protip: TS3 or vent helps immensly when carrying out orders

From my experience as a faction leader. It is best to pay your troops. So i would suggest you get at least 40k before becoming the faction leader.

It also helps to pay your soldiers money that you get from the chest. Rather then keeping it for yourself. And, if you give them a task to do (e.g gatekeeper, tax collector, chest guard, etc..) they will be
more likely to stay in your faction. It also helps if you pay the soldiers with boring, but important duties. extra money.

protip: I find that paying soldiers about 1250 is a good amount. and an extra bonus of 250, if they have a task to do.

And if you pay them, and be generous to them. They will be more likely to listen to what you say. Remember to take ideas and suggestions from faction members though. This, in turn, will mean you have a more disciplined army.
And the fact that you pay them, means they can get better quality equipment. Which means you will be far better than other factions.

And as stated before. Remember to have a good economy going!  :wink:

As it has been stated before - money wins wars. so make sure you are a damn rich lord before you start a faction!  :grin:

Ahhh, this is MY kind of thread!

1: Be watchful of other faction's numbers and actions.

2:If the factions start to grow large and you are worried they may attack you, STRIKE THEM DOWN!

3:razz:ost ONE guard at the treasury, (and/or gate) you need as many soldiers as possible for wars.

4: Make sure to follow all the rules of the server.

PS: We should stop giving this guy good tips before he becomes as good of a leader as me. lol!

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Give badass yet entirely useless titles.
This is sooooo true the other night I was given the title of protector by my faction leader I felt so proud :grin:

Oh and thanks for all the tips fellas/gals

Wrenaq, critique House Targaryen.

I know you were our Chest Guard for the longest time (which is an entirely boring job) but I could not have been happier with both your roleplay, and your dedication.

How about the faction though. Don't be afraid to tell the truth.

Aegon_Targaryen said:
Wrenaq, critique House Targaryen.

I know you were our Chest Guard for the longest time (which is an entirely boring job) but I could not have been happier with both your roleplay, and your dedication.

How about the faction though. Don't be afraid to tell the truth.
Really enjoyed playing with you all thanks for the praise :grin:.

Well had my 1st experience of being a lord for about 5 Min's, 2 factions declared war on us our Lord instead of calling for us all to get ready for a siege (we had 10 men them 1:cool: decided to play silly bugger and get him self captured and killed I was made Lord and I ordered all our men inside the castle keep, only about 3 did the rest I quote said " I see enemy's" and charged outside to get killed, the other factions came by boat and bridge and just wasted  us. TIP do what your Lord says ffs

ps Isnt my avatar super cool :grin:

OK I have been a quite a few factions and have noticed a few things.
When a war is declared many of the faction members just charge out leaving the castle undefended (leaving normally me to man the gate/patrol the walls etc).
The Faction members should listen to the Lord example: yesterday I joined the English archers and our lord said I want everyone to be an archer, by the time we were at war we only had 2 archers.
The Lord of the English archers did really well but was let down by people not following his orders.
Every time I have been in a Faction war its attack attack attack, The archer Lord said at first "Right we will prepare for a siege then attack" (good idea) but people ignored him.
Even when we wasn't at war (the map had just started) our lord said rightly so "I want everyone mining/chopping trees/making weapons" but some people just went for a soldier straight away stating "lets go kill some bandits"
Listen to your Lord and do what he says.
I think if you join a faction you should do this, if you just wanna kill bandits/do your own thing don't join a faction.

Lots of good tips so far.

Couple things to note, a charismatic leader who keeps his men occupied and busy doesn't need to pay them.  I never pay my troops (for the most part).  Sometimes I will reimburse people or people who have served me well and need money for equipment I will give them a good chunk of money.

Also, when you're going to war as a faction leader I've been in way too many factions that just sent an army to the enemies castle with no banner to take the castle, and no way to get into the castle.  The two biggest parts of any siege are the engineer (or sailor) and the banner.  Once you get access to a castle, the biggest issue is getting your army organized enough so that everyone has the same goal in mind:  Take the castle (capture the banner).  After that, then you secure the castle.  Anyone you kill before you take the castle is good, but they respawn quickly so the main goal is always capturing the castle as fast as possible.

Also, before you go to war, you should really organize all your military together (generally in your courtyard) and ride out as a group so your troops are organized.  Also you will need to place someone you can trust at your castle to lower/raise the bridge so you can leave, and lower it when your troops return. 

How a faction makes money is pretty simple, you sell weapons and armor in your armory.  Also selling weapons and armor in the town that you control makes you lots of money.  It's important to keep watch over your keep and the coffers (money chest). 

When I'm not at war as faction leader (and assuming I have a castle and a town), I will try to designate some very important roles:

Someone to play gate keeper on the bridge and they question anyone who approaches and grant/deny access based on their needs.  Someone to guard the armory or courtyard/keep (depending on the castle).  And depending on the faction size then I will have other people out patrolling the town and making sure that the commoners are safe and basically enforcing the peace. 

Being a lord can be very tedious you may have faction members talking to you in faction chat, you might have people in proximity chat talking to you, and you might be talking to people in team speak or to an admin, or to someone in global chat.  Try to stay organized and try to always listen to the needs of your faction mates.  Also, make gathering wood a priority for any serf who wishes to become a soldier, they need to chop down a tree or two before joining another class.

Dont attack factions with less than 10 in them when you have about 20, most other factions are angry for picking on the small faction and usually jump in to save them so its 20 vs 40-50

Have good allies people that you trust wont betray you, if they get to big watch your back because they are likely to stab it once they think they are the top dog

Sometimes there are legitimate reasons to attack a smaller faction (or a start up faction).  If they control a town you want, or if they control a castle you want, and you can't get them to trade or sell or negotiate what you want with diplomacy, then you are forced to take it.  There's nothing wrong with the bigger dog taking what it wants from the smaller dog, it's just a way of life.  But if you're doing it just to do it, without a strategic reason, then yes it's a **** move.

Back
Top Bottom