SP - General Faction Balance: what happened to the Khuzaits?!

Users who are viewing this thread

JosieJ

Sergeant Knight at Arms
What happened in 1.4.3? I thought changes were going to be made so that factions sued for peace when they were at war with more than two factions. Since 1.4.3 dropped (on the main branch), I've restarted this game 3 times and the Khuzaits have routinely been ganged up on by the Northern and Southern Empire, the Aserai, and the Sturgians--at the same time--and ripped to shreds. This has happened every time I restarted. This means that I'm running into the same problem players who liked to play Sturgian characters have been struggling with since the beginning: by the time I've ranked up my character respectably, the faction I want to join is no more.

Can we please find a happy medium? It was boring when the Khuzaits were routinely dominating, but now it's frustrating that one faction essentially disappears in the early game.

What happened in 1.4.3? I thought changes were going to be made so that factions sued for peace when they were at war with more than two factions. Since 1.4.3 dropped (on the main branch), I've restarted this game 3 times and the Khuzaits have routinely been ganged up on by the Northern and Southern Empire, the Aserai, and the Sturgians--at the same time--and ripped to shreds. This has happened every time I restarted. This means that I'm running into the same problem players who liked to play Sturgian characters have been struggling with since the beginning: by the time I've ranked up my character respectably, the faction I want to join is no more.

Can we please find a happy medium? It was boring when the Khuzaits were routinely dominating, but now it's frustrating that one faction essentially disappears in the early game.

There are some noted issues with diplomacy currently and the dev responsible is looking into them:
By the way yesterday I started examining war - peace codes finally. Lots of problem there and trying to fix. Will inform you soon.

That was Tuesday.

And I'm seconding your experiences because right now there are literally so many wars going on I cannot keep track of them, something that is very different compared to 1.4.2.

There are some noted issues with diplomacy currently and the dev responsible is looking into them:

That was Tuesday.

And I'm seconding your experiences because right now there are literally so many wars going on I cannot keep track of them, something that is very different compared to 1.4.2.

Actually these new war peace codes after tribute system is involved are not my codes so first tried to understand them.

Last 5 days I focused at these parts changed lots of codes and next week I will make detailed explanation and probably we can send changes to beta if there happen no problem.

Problems tried to fix :

Even some factions face with 3+ strong enemies clans of that kingdom do not support peace. Generally they are not acting so logical in war peace votings.

Sometimes world go into peace and there happen no war between active kingdoms for 5+ years. I see active kingdoms declare war aganist kingdoms which have no settlements at these years. Even this should not happen for 1 year.

Weak factions do not form army after some point and they cannot capture new settlements and they cannot make come back. They constantly lose settlements and be eliminated. Even some in 1-2 years.

All these are very important problems and effect game’s gameplay negatively and reduce replayibility.

I cannot guarentee everything will be perfect after changes but will be better.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Great to hear this will get improved. Looking forward these changes.

Weak factions do not form army after some point and they cannot capture new settlements and they cannot make come back. They constantly lose settlements and be eliminated. Even some in 1-2 years.

Happened to Western Empire in my new playthrough. I tried helping them, but in vain - they couldn't organize a single army (probably, because none of them had any influence points) and they were constantly attacked by doomstacks of 1600 men from all factions they were at war with (Battania, Southern Empire, Sturgia)

Even some factions face with 3+ strong enemies clans of that kingdom do not support peace. Generally they are not acting so logical in war peace votings.

Sometimes world go into peace and there happen no war between active kingdoms for 5+ years. I see active kingdoms declare war aganist kingdoms which have no settlements at these years. Even this should not happen for 1 year.

I cannot guarentee everything will be perfect after changes but will be better.
I suggest some of the changes diplomacy fixes did to reduce the faction snowballing and endless war
I copied this from the wiki

-war exhaustion: score that builds up over time until it forces a kingdom to make peace with another kingdom. Contributing factors include: Duration of the war ,Casualties, Settlements Lost, Villages Raided

-Expansionism: gained by besieging and capturing settlements, and slowly decays away, tracked for each kingdom in the game. expansionism score will impact your ability to form diplomatic agreements with other factions. If your expansionism score is too high, other factions will not want to be associated with you.

-Alliances:
Willingness to form an alliance is based on:

• Existing Alliances (kingdoms with existing alliances usually do not want to ally)
  • Relations between the faction leaders (higher relation is better)
  • Common Enemies (more common enemies is better)
  • Kingdom Strength (weaker factions want to ally)
  • Expansionism (the lower your faction's expansionism, the better)

Happened to Western Empire in my new playthrough. I tried helping them, but in vain - they couldn't organize a single army (probably, because none of them had any influence points) and they were constantly attacked by doomstacks of 1600 men from all factions they were at war with (Battania, Southern Empire, Sturgia)
In all my saves, the Western Empire always gets ganged up on lose towns very early on, they always lose Lageta to the Battanians and maybe Rhotae. What always happens in early game is me trying to stop the WE from getting obliterated. What really annoys me is that Garrios is supposed to be a military leader like Julius Caesar and yet he's pretty hopeless at even defending his towns, SMDH. I'm not even going to discuss the Khuzait overlords, I think everyone knows how OP they are.

Back
Top Bottom