Resolved "Face this direction" seems to choose direction at random

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: When using the "face this direction" command my troops will sometimes face the direction in which my character is facing when I issue the order but will also often just swivel around in a direction that seems to have absolutely no bearing on either where I am facing or where I am looking towards.

Also this is perhaps not a bug as such, but the AI's decision making when it comes to unit facing is absolutely awful, hence why I use the face this direction command in the first place. They constantly shift around to face the closest enemy division but this makes infantry more vulnerable to archers if they are harassed by even a single horse archer as the whole group will turn their backs on the main body of the enemy army to face towards this terrible menace, whilst archers become significantly less useful as they will often shift around during the battle instead of actually shooting at the enemy. This is also a serious problem with the "advance" command as the division you issue this order to will seemingly advance on the nearest enemy division, which is usually a group of horse archers, and sometimes it is again just one horse archer.

Yeah - I have to reiterate this order and sometimes it helps to hit F7, click to where I want them and hit F7 again... which is obviously cumbersome and creates issues when time is of the essence, a la village battles.

Hey OP, they look at the direction of your flag marker not the direction you are looking. Learned this awhile back. Wasn't intuitive but once you realize that it's pretty simple.

Back
Top Bottom