F&S Bugs Thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

The first singleplayer bug I have experienced was during a conversation. It said click to continue and no matter how many time I clicked it would not continue, and no, the game was not frozen.

I noticed when playing MP battle at the captain mod with big squads that the money spent is not true. Cause lets say a squad costs 700 for 7 men. But you get 14 men. The money doesn't say and it should. So you actually spend 1400 out of 1750. So you continue thinking you got more money and you arm yourself and then you spawn without anything or some basic equipment.

This needs to be fixed.

But to be honest in Warband money in mp is not really clear. After playing for a long time I am still confused how much money I have after the start, death, kill, respawn. Its not made well.

These are probably not bugs but this is annoying.

1: The text that shows up in the bottom left corner, the ones that say "X has gone from 1000 to 900 population due to starvation from siege" etc, get in the way of the cities options. The buttons switch around from town to town so I cant click by memory like in warband so it's realy annoying to have to wait for the text to fade just to know what I'm clicking on.

2: The assess local prices are confusing; why does it say if I buy furs from City 1 and sell them at City 2 for a profit when City 1 doesnt actually have any furs? Its especialy annoying when you accidentaly click on assess prices and there is no cancel button so I have to wait 10-20 seconds for something that is utterly useless.

(Bug?):

Quest: "To the Sich with a prisoner" Given by: Colonel Vasil Zolotarenko of the Cossack Hetmanate. I have a -47 relation with them due to being a Mercenary of their enemy yet was given this quest, weaponry, and funds. Also, this army will ignore me but will join a patrol of their faction that chased me down. Also note that other Lords of the Cossack Hetmanate will attack me and will not give me tasks due to the relation.

i had a quest from a lady that a certain lord is spreading bad rumors about her and so a duel will resolve it, now when fighting the lord, the graphics are distorted and freezing and i simply let the lord defeat me

Flying horses in Multiplayer...

mb1y.jpg

mb2yl.jpg

mb3l.jpg

Taleworlds really needs to hire someone who speaks English to do some proofreading, especially in the manual.  I'm very quickly losing confidence in the game designers' professional work ethic.

For those with crashing problems, another's fix of forcing single-threading (if using multiple cores) and forcing 59 frame rates seems to have stabilized my gaming experience.

My setup:
Intel i7-2600k 3.4GHZ OC'd @ 4.9 GHZ
8GB Gskill Ram 1600hz
EVGA GTX 570 1280mb OC'd @ 800,1600,2000
Windows 7 64bit

My processor is a quad core and forcing single-threading has led me to not having another crash in the past 8 hours. I will relay if I have a crash since implementing this "fix."

King Harkinian said:
Flying horses in Multiplayer...

mb1y.jpg

mb2yl.jpg

mb3l.jpg

Lol, this was something that happened in cRPG often whenever you would place down a ladder and ride the horse up the ladder when it got destroyed.  I'm surprised to see the bug when destructible ladders aren't present though.

Depositing money into the bank. Not sure if actual bug or not but it is a little misleading.

If I click -2000 it deposits all money that I have until I only have about 2000 left.  Same with the rest. -500 leaves me if just 500 thaler.

SunofVich said:
Depositing money into the bank. Not sure if actual bug or not but it is a little misleading.

If I click -2000 it deposits all money that I have until I only have about 2000 left.  Same with the rest. -500 leaves me if just 500 thaler.

When doing the deposit, there will be an option to put a certain amount in. By default, it is the maximum of what is in your inventory (and it shows the stated number at the top of the screen). The options to - it will allow you to retain thaler in your inventory by that amount subtracted. In my opinion it should start at 0 and give you + and - options and have a button for "everything."

Soooo i have been playing hmm 16 hours saving every 10 min or so  :roll: save go to bed when i start it up again i have no saved files cant load a game.....
Kind of sad  :cry:

Soooo anyone have this problem or anyone know if you can get your char back?

The game freezes my system when loading or exiting a battle scenario dialog either before or after a battle.  (e.g. Charge the Enemy, selecting prisoners after, or continuing into a fight with man in pub)  It does not happen every time, but happens often enough that I cannot play for more than 10 minutes without it happening.  It occurs in both DX7 and DX9 mode, with and without loading textures on demand, with and without forced single threading.  However, in DX9 mode loading my saved game freezes 90% of the time.  My computer well exceeds the minimum requirements with:
AMD 1100T CPU
ATI 6970 2GB GPU
16GB DDR3 2000mhz RAM
Ubuntu Linux 11.04 w/WINE 1.3.8 or WinXP 32bit

Mount and Blade: Warband works quite well on my system.  Both titles were purchased from Direct2Drive.

james_manring said:
The game freezes my system when loading or exiting a battle scenario dialog either before or after a battle.  (e.g. Charge the Enemy, selecting prisoners after, or continuing into a fight with man in pub)  It does not happen every time, but happens often enough that I cannot play for more than 10 minutes without it happening.  It occurs in both DX7 and DX9 mode, with and without loading textures on demand, with and without forced single threading.  However, in DX9 mode loading my saved game freezes 90% of the time.  My computer well exceeds the minimum requirements with:
AMD 1100T CPU
ATI 6970 2GB GPU
16GB DDR3 2000mhz RAM

Mount and Blade: Warband works quite well on my system.  Both titles were purchased from Direct2Drive.
try to defrag you pc or turn of many hidden running programs (go to run tybe msconfig and press enter) those solved lots of my problems

vaardal said:
james_manring said:
AMD 1100T CPU
ATI 6970 2GB GPU
16GB DDR3 2000mhz RAM

try to defrag you pc or turn of many hidden running programs (go to run tybe msconfig and press enter) those solved lots of my problems

No, sorry.  That isn't at all my problem.  With the Linux OS it uses a journaling file system.  With WinXP it is on a small partition that is not fragmented one bit.  It is a clean install with no extra programs running.  Other games including Warband run excellent on both.  Lindsay, in an above post, describes having the same problem.

Not sure if this is a "bug" (or rather design oversight) or intentional:

I noticed that Wine and Beer give Boni to the Party Morale.
Vodka on the other hand doesn´t give any morale boni.

One would assume that (especially for eastern european troops)
Vodka is as good in raising the morale as wine and beer

james_manring said:
vaardal said:
james_manring said:
AMD 1100T CPU
ATI 6970 2GB GPU
16GB DDR3 2000mhz RAM

No, sorry.  That isn't at all my problem.  With the Linux OS it uses a journaling file system.  With WinXP it is on a small partition that is not fragmented one bit.  It is a clean install with no extra programs running.  Other games including Warband run excellent on both.  Lindsay, in an above post, describes having the same problem.

as is stated in the first post, did you try forcing single-threading and a 59 frame rate, also enabling v-sync. Do that, restart, and post if your problem continues :smile:. I used to have the issue of crashing but now I have none. My crashes in MB have also stopped; I theorize that this game is not friendly to multicores.

cjkfire said:
james_manring said:
vaardal said:
james_manring said:
AMD 1100T CPU
ATI 6970 2GB GPU
16GB DDR3 2000mhz RAM

as is stated in the first post, did you try forcing single-threading and a 59 frame rate, also enabling v-sync. Do that, restart, and post if your problem continues :smile:. I used to have the issue of crashing but now I have none. My crashes in MB have also stopped; I theorize that this game is not friendly to multicores.

I did force single threading to no benefit.  I have limited the frame rate to 59 and tried v-sync, but that didn't do anything.  I would have to agree with you about the unfriendliness to multicores theory.  I find it odd that Warband doesn't have these issues.  I think it is a regression in the game engine with either the higher end AMD or ATI products.

Kingdom Bug?

Im the ruler of The Muscovite Tsardom now and still all my lords talk to me as im just a lords under the "Real" Tsar, and they address me every time as i have just defeated them in battle. Also if i ask them to follow me they say "that would hardly be prober". Also Tsar Alexie is still in my dungon and the notes say he is my vassel. And i have made an other lords marshal instead of me, meaning they all follow me around as i cant undo the "gather our troops here, we need to raid" (cant remember the line) but they have been following me for weeks as i can not undo it! I made Stehpen Razin a "Warlord" under my command and he owned Cherkassk, after i made him Warlord he have disapred from the game, still it says he owns Cherkassk.

I don't know if it has been mentionned before but I found some minor bugs.

1.(Very minor bug but still lol) When you tell your troops to hold this position (F1+F1), it will say Hold your position which can be a bit misleading but anyway your troops will still obey your command

2.Both maps of the custom battles (wodden fort and the other one, the stone one) have bugs; in wodden fort, some of the attackers will spawn inside the fort and in the stone fort, defenders get stuck in a wall

I know these are very minor bugs but still, I want to help out as much as I can its a shame they rushed it, so many bugs :/

Back
Top Bottom