F&S Bugs Thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

forte712 said:
Dredly said:
Duze said:
forte712 said:
I got occasional crash to desktop when loading an area. All of them so far has been in town (picking a fight in the tavern or walking around in the streets)

Me too. I have been playing for 3 hours and I have had 7 crashes so far. I don't know if I want to keep playing until some sort of fix comes out to be honest:/ Also, I don't quite understand it, as Warband, nor any mods I have used, never had this issue?

I am getting numerous crashes as well, at least 4 of them were from getting into fights at taverns, seems to happen the most when switching from a conversation directly to a battle

No word regarding this?
I would expect a crash to desktop to be regarded as a severe problem, yet there is almost no response..
So I assume that most people experience zero crashes during their gameplay.
Nevertheless, we who experience these crashes would greatly appreciate any bit of help any of you can offer.

My specs:

Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz
4 GB Ram (only 3.2 recognized by Windows XP 32bit Pro SP2)
GTX 260 SP

My specs:

Intel® Core™ i5-760 4x2.80GHz (Turbo 3.33GHz)
4 GB Ram (only 3.2 recognized by Windows 7 32bit Ultimate)
GTX 470 - 1024MB

All drivers are updated, and I do not experience any problems in Warband.

Archonsod said:
forte712 said:
So I assume that most people experience zero crashes during their gameplay.
It's working fine for me so far in what limited time I've had with it. What would be useful is if people started posting specs and if the crash is repeatable or predictable. Assuming you're over the minimum I reckon the OS might be the first thing to check.

Oh, and of course ensure your graphics and sound drivers are up to date (particularly sound, a lot of people forget that one).

In your specific case my first port of call would be to try forcing single threading via the tick box on the launch menu. XP is a little funny when it comes to multiple cores.

Do you think the singlethreading is the problem in Windows 7 as well? The crash is somewhat predictable as it happens when loading a new area. Primarily taverns. I have been running without companions for that very reason, as it takes forever to load the game up again:/

Has any devs posted recently about the "troops can't level" bug? I think a hot fix is needed and we can't wait for a full-blown patch.

Rices said:
is the Fortress by Kafa by you guys bugged to?
i mean that the Army of the enemy or yours stucked on the top of the ladder and won't jump on the castle wall and get mudered there like a massacre?
if you blow up the wall al is fine but the ladders seems bugged to me, maybe someone else can proof it.
I#m using the steamversion of M&B:FaS ver. 1.138

Yup, the ladders are bugged. The soldiers can't get off the ladders to engage the enemy.
We need patch or patches asap....

I've encountered more bugs in Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword in the first ten hours of playing than I did in over two hundred hours of playing Mount and Blade as well as Mount and Blade: Warband.

UI glitches on several occations, hit detection glitches, AI soldier issues and glitches, invisible walls preventing units from moving in sieges and in the middle of towns, enemy soldiers just standing still blocking and watching my movements without doing anything else so I just walk up to them put the mussle of my pistol on their face and pull the trigger one by one, and many more.

It's unfinished, buggy and I'm sorry I spent the money I did on it. I hope the money went to TaleWorlds so they make a new game or standalone expansion based on Mount and Blade: Warband. If it goes to Sich Studios and Snowberry who apparently made the game then that saddens me.

not sure if its a bug or some other problem

when I hire soldiers from a commander in towns, he takes the money but does not deliver the troops.

Dodli said:
not sure if its a bug or some other problem

when I hire soldiers from a commander in towns, he takes the money but does not deliver the troops.

Same thing here, I read on the forums here you have to wait in the city for a long time for him to deliver the troops to you, you could try that.

royfang said:
Rices said:
i mean that the Army of the enemy or yours stucked on the top of the ladder and won't jump on the castle wall and get mudered there like a massacre?
if you blow up the wall al is fine but the ladders seems bugged to me, maybe someone else can proof it.

Yup, the ladders are bugged. The soldiers can't get off the ladders to engage the enemy.

Nice to see someone else also have that problem but mine is actually bigger,-..... Coz ALL Castles and fortress etc are the ladders bugged! What kind of skill do i need to blow the walls?!

Mapan said:
royfang said:
Rices said:

Nice to see someone else also have that problem but mine is actually bigger,-..... Coz ALL Castles and fortress etc are the ladders bugged! What kind of skill do i need to blow the walls?!

I believe it to be engineering... not entirely sure though

Mapan said:
royfang said:
Rices said:

All the castles are bugged for me as well, it's engineering that controls building of siege equipment, so I assume it's what would allow you to blow a hole in the walls as well.

I've seen more than a happy share of bugs on this forum, and experienced some myself.

1. Recruits not levelling at all. Why bother getting the Trainer skill?
2. Recently, have not had a chance to loot after battles. Whether bandits or enemy faction soldiers, no looting page. How am I supposed to pay my soldiers?

I think I'll go back to playing Warband...

I got a stuck in a quest.

I'm at the part after you go and find the claimant where he tells you to go and get the boyars on your side.  The lord / boyar give me the quest to search for his daughter (Alevtina) in Kafa. I went to the Ransom Broker in Kafa and he want 3000 thaler for the info where Alevtina is captured. I give him the money and my char say's: "All right, take the money and speak..." and then the game stucks (no crush, just stuck in this NPC-screen) and i could only do STRG+ALT+DEL. Nothing helps yet. Could it be a bug, cause i captured Kafa long befor the lord / boyar give me the quest? Kafa is my own town and the lord say, his daughter is imprisoned in Kafa. Oh, and i tried also other Ransom Brokers in other towns, but same: the game stuck.

Well it's not as big as the other bugs here...

Ramun buys slaves at over 10x the price other Ransom Brokers offer.
While a bandit sold to a ransom broker will net around 13 thalers, Ramun will pay 156 thalers for a looter.

So either Ramun's prices are set to high, or the ransom brokers' prices are set too low. Or a bit of both.

Blaze said:

While a bandit sold to a ransom broker will net around 13 thalers, Ramun will pay 156 thalers for a looter.

So either Ramun's prices are set to high, or the ransom brokers' prices are set too low. Or a bit of both.

Ahem... Just between you and me, which city is Ramun stationed in again?

So... I'm trying to conquer Poland for the claimant and I see a large Polish army... I go chase after and this is what happens:

Hd6xA.jpg

Apparently they dont like each other so much EVEN THE KING decides to take on my side!

This happens a lot. Routed Enemies join my side. Enemy caravans join my side. This game makes me lovable?

I hope  Taleworlds and those modders who made this buggy mod aren't running away with our money.

Mapan said:
royfang said:
Rices said:

Kafa is the only city I participated in a seige, so I'm not sure if the rest are bugged in my game.

Babaganoush said:
So... I'm trying to conquer Poland for the claimant and I see a large Polish army... I go chase after and this is what happens:

Hd6xA.jpg

Apparently they dont like each other so much EVEN THE KING decides to take on my side!

This happens a lot. Routed Enemies join my side. Enemy caravans join my side. This game makes me lovable?

I hope  Taleworlds and those modders who made this buggy mod aren't running away with our money.

One time "Nomads" joined my side when I was attacked by an army, funny thing is, I've never seen nomads on the map before and there were no other armies or other groups anywhere near me except the army that attacked me. The game said it was 90 something of my soldiers against 70 something of the other guy's party. I only had 50 or so soldiers though, and when I entered the battlefield only my guys were there.

Ruben Thomas said:
Babaganoush said:

Hd6xA.jpg

One time "Nomads" joined my side when I was attacked by an army, funny thing is, I've never seen nomads on the map before and there were no other armies or other groups anywhere near me except the army that attacked me. The game said it was 90 something of my soldiers against 70 something of the other guy's party. I only had 50 or so soldiers though, and when I entered the battlefield only my guys were there.

I checked the battlefield screen and apparently I had some allies for some reason. Oh well. Easier to take down enemies..

I think I'm just going to stop playing bugridden singleplayer and continue going on MP triple-wielding pistols....

Ruben Thomas said:
Babaganoush said:

Hd6xA.jpg

Maybe your game considered your troops fat nomads? Making them look like more than they actually were.

SulleDrake said:
Blaze said:

Ahem... Just between you and me, which city is Ramun stationed in again?

He's stationed in Reval in my game, it could be different in others.

Also, I've also encountered the "Grenade goes boom in your face" bug, it usually happens if you throw a grenade so soon after the first. So far I've only used large grenades though.

Back
Top Bottom