F&S Bugs Thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

forte712 said:
I got occasional crash to desktop when loading an area. All of them so far has been in town (picking a fight in the tavern or walking around in the streets)

Me too. I have been playing for 3 hours and I have had 7 crashes so far. I don't know if I want to keep playing until some sort of fix comes out to be honest:/ Also, I don't quite understand it, as Warband, nor any mods I have used, never had this issue?

JGiro.jpg

Should have expected them not to even fix a bug that has been prevalent for all MBs.... Ugh.

Getting a lot of crashes trying to play games over a local network, plus issues even getting others on the local network to see my server (even though I can see theirs!!!)

never ever ever had an issue with warband or the original eitehr

My characters stats (Strength and Agility were reset to zero after I was captured)

[I have an image but can't post link  :evil:]

Also I've noticed that at Riga when fighting the Pub Visitor (Duel) they block and can instantly hit you (No delay nada) and when fighting him for cash (Fist fight) he doesn't get stunned after each hit and continues to hit you whilst you hit him. [Not necessarily a glitch but bloody irritating]

Units recruited from mercenary camps are not leveling, they don't receive any experience after the battle and they are stuck as "recruits".

My NPC companions and myself do level up.

Only faction troops level. Once you have a fief you recruit like you did in Warband.
The mercenarys can only be upgraded through armour.

Kirklestat said:
Only faction troops level. Once you have a fief you recruit like you did in Warband.
The mercenarys can only be upgraded through armour.
But why was it possible in the trial version then?

surely it must be a bug. It makes no sense that mercenaries cant gett any better through fighting. If that is the case, they should start at regular at least over recruit.

Blead said:
I don't know if this is a bug. But I'm playing the tutorial now and everything is going in slowmotion. What the hell!? Anyway to reverse this/speed it up?

Change it to DirectX 7 instead of 9 and set to Window mode. For some reason DX9 causes insanely low frame rate, like 9 - 10 fps. Changing it to DX7 will get your number in the 30 - 40 range

Duze said:
forte712 said:
I got occasional crash to desktop when loading an area. All of them so far has been in town (picking a fight in the tavern or walking around in the streets)

Me too. I have been playing for 3 hours and I have had 7 crashes so far. I don't know if I want to keep playing until some sort of fix comes out to be honest:/ Also, I don't quite understand it, as Warband, nor any mods I have used, never had this issue?

I am getting numerous crashes as well, at least 4 of them were from getting into fights at taverns, seems to happen the most when switching from a conversation directly to a battle

I can't seem to recruit people from the commander in town. I talk to him, he tells me what I can buy, then I buy several troops, it says I spent whatever the amount was to buy them, I check in my party menu and they aren't there. Happens every time. Any idea why? Also, what the hell is a copper and do I actually need them to buy soldiers from the commanders? If so, why does it still let me buy them anyway?

A manual would be HIGHLY appreciated too. Hopefully the devs come up with one soon.

Mattressi said:
I can't seem to recruit people from the commander in town. I talk to him, he tells me what I can buy, then I buy several troops, it says I spent whatever the amount was to buy them, I check in my party menu and they aren't there. Happens every time. Any idea why? Also, what the hell is a copper and do I actually need them to buy soldiers from the commanders? If so, why does it still let me buy them anyway?

A manual would be HIGHLY appreciated too. Hopefully the devs come up with one soon.
Wait ~3 days, he's recruiting those troops for you.

Oooh. That's just plain confusing then: why does it never tell me that I need to wait?? Furthermore, if he's recruiting them, why's there a limit on how many I can buy from him? I mean, if he only has a few ready to go, then fine, but if he's going out, recruiting and training, how does he know that the maximum number he can find to recruit is 5??

I'll stop now lol. I think that most of the issues people are having seem to simply be a lack of understanding because the game seems to enjoy not telling you how ANY of its mechanics work. No manual and no indication of how things work in game makes for a frustrating experience for both the players and the devs - after all, they have to wade through hundreds of false bug reports (because they aren't bugs, just a game mechanic which wasn't ever explained) to find which bugs are actually bugs.

Still, I have high hopes for this game. I just hope they patch the bugs (surely it's a bug that mercenaries cannot level), add in explanations of game mechanics and adjust the balance a bit. If they do that, this could turn out to be better than Warband.

In Custom Battle, the spawn-locations are ****ed-up in both Siege maps, and the soldier AI doesn't seem programmed to cope very well. So those are more or less unplayable, in my opinion.

It's currently a little unclear if soldiers can level up, and which ones. Some say they can, some say they can't. Same with joining factions. Some players suffer for ages trying to join a faction, while others appear to have no problem, seemingly at random.

In Multiplayer, there seems to be a quite significant delay between when I let go of the mouse button, and when my avatar actually swings his weapon. This has killed me more times than I can count, and it's not very enjoyable.

InferiorBeing said:
In Multiplayer, there seems to be a quite significant delay between when I let go of the mouse button, and when my avatar actually swings his weapon. This has killed me more times than I can count, and it's not very enjoyable.

Try to play on servers with small ping. No higher then 100 ms.

2apsod

Update your drives. It seems that you use old/outdated drivers.

Mattressi said:
Oooh. That's just plain confusing then: why does it never tell me that I need to wait?? Furthermore, if he's recruiting them, why's there a limit on how many I can buy from him? I mean, if he only has a few ready to go, then fine, but if he's going out, recruiting and training, how does he know that the maximum number he can find to recruit is 5??

I'll stop now lol. I think that most of the issues people are having seem to simply be a lack of understanding because the game seems to enjoy not telling you how ANY of its mechanics work. No manual and no indication of how things work in game makes for a frustrating experience for both the players and the devs - after all, they have to wade through hundreds of false bug reports (because they aren't bugs, just a game mechanic which wasn't ever explained) to find which bugs are actually bugs.

Still, I have high hopes for this game. I just hope they patch the bugs (surely it's a bug that mercenaries cannot level), add in explanations of game mechanics and adjust the balance a bit. If they do that, this could turn out to be better than Warband.
atleast give us a ****ing wiki

Checking the troops.txt file from the Taleworlds download, not a single troop has an upgrade path defined...meaning none of them can upgrade via the Party Window.

Mattressi said:
captain yeans said:
atleast give us a ****ing wiki
There is a manual available for download from the Q&A thread (though ignore the bits about battle orders...looks like the writing there was based on the original M&B, but the command system works like Warband).

Back
Top Bottom