F&S Bugs Thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxim Suvorov said:
2apsod

Update your drives. It seems that you use old/outdated drivers.
I did a few days ago. Even if the drivers are the problem it is only a the solution to the problem on the third picture. The problem on the third picture disappeared when I changed my graphics settings to max.

So I seem to be experiencing a rather distressing error. My client will lock up in a battle. It is not consistent, but has not occurred on sub 12 man fights. The game will literally freeze and lock my entire computer. Zero response things simply stop. I've verified the files (I have the steam version). I also know it was not doing this yesterday evening. It occurs on both DX9 and DX7. Not something that occurs with other games including various high-end graphical monsters.

Anyone have any ideas?

/* System Specs - Asus G73Jh
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series 1GB
*/

Caba`drin said:
There is a manual available for download from the Q&A thread (though ignore the bits about battle orders...looks like the writing there was based on the original M&B, but the command system works like Warband).

Ah, thanks for that. I read through the Q&A before, but must have missed it  :???:

Edit: I just read in the 'Party Management' section (page 22) that "They [regular, non companion troops] can gain experience and increase their levels, and you can outfit your mercenaries however you see fit, in the camp menu."

So it seems that it's a bug that mercenaries and most other troops don't gain experience. Either that or the manual is wrong...

First play I noticed the Pistol texture is...not there at all, it fires and all but it looks like my hand is shooting a bullet...
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Familyguy1/screenshot/577796269293245739?tab=public

Also noticed when I was wearing a hat, like a Maloon(whatever it is called), when I selected my pistol or my rifle.... it would disappear and my head would be bald...yet when I switched to my saber..it would come back..

Did a search of this thread for "Pub Visitor" and got diddly so here's my bug: He never goes away. At least, he doesn't while you stay in town. You can attack him countless times and keep recieving xp, money, and/or sabers. I got to level 9 on day 1 then got bored and left him be. At least the town hates me now...

So I force an enemy back into their encampment... you know, where all the loot should be. I beat them there, but just like the village battles in Warband, there is never any loot screen. Very, very annoying.

Babaganoush said:
JGiro.jpg

Should have expected them not to even fix a bug that has been prevalent for all MBs.... Ugh.

Yup, encountered this while sieging Kafa...

I got the stuttering to stop by enabling vsync and setting the fps to 59. I remember doing the same with warband back in the days.

Odd one.

The padlock you have to shoot at / near the end of the tutorial would not break with the pistol.

I used all my bullets shooting it from various angles at different distances trying to get door to open.

In panic thinking I would be for ever trapped by the door I stabbed it in partial frustration with my sword
and the door opened.

Tyrokiller said:
My characters stats (Strength and Agility were reset to zero after I was captured)

[I have an image but can't post link  :evil:]

Also I've noticed that at Riga when fighting the Pub Visitor (Duel) they block and can instantly hit you (No delay nada) and when fighting him for cash (Fist fight) he doesn't get stunned after each hit and continues to hit you whilst you hit him. [Not necessarily a glitch but bloody irritating]

Have you played mount and blade before? those things might not be bugs. It is possible to not stun the enemy if you don't do much damage. I have fistfighted the pubber and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. And when you dueled the pub visitor he may have chamber blocked you.

Tyrokiller said:
Also I've noticed that at Riga when fighting the Pub Visitor (Duel) they block and can instantly hit you (No delay nada) and when fighting him for cash (Fist fight) he doesn't get stunned after each hit and continues to hit you whilst you hit him. [Not necessarily a glitch but bloody irritating]

I just kick him to death everytime...it kinda seems like cheating because its so easy  :smile:

I did the quest where you have to pay a ransom for some guys daughter. When I returned (to Königsburg, where I received the quest), with the girl, the quest didn't finish. She's been in my party for more than 100 days now, and there's no way to kick her out or cancel the quest.

Caba`drin said:
Yes, not a single troop has an upgrade path defined for it, so XP isn't happening. Fairly large bug.

Just a random idea, would it possible fix it the issue if you copied over the troops.txt from the Polish/Ukrainian/Russian version?

(I'll try to see if i can get a hold of the file)

Cainrae said:
Caba`drin said:
Yes, not a single troop has an upgrade path defined for it, so XP isn't happening. Fairly large bug.

Just a random idea, would it possible fix it the issue if you copied over the troops.txt from the Polish/Ukrainian/Russian version?

(I'll try to see if i can get a hold of the file)
I was wondering this as well. Perhaps someone would be so kind as to upload that file, so it can be tested..?

The "Test/Trial" version has a working feature of upgrading. I'll try downloading it and transfer some files.

Post my results here later :smile:

Back
Top Bottom