Extract 3D model from game ?

Users who are viewing this thread

ferhateyup

Recruit
Hey guys, How can I extract a model from the game for to modify the character, armor and weapon models, or to prepare animation in programs like Cinema4D ?

Hi ! Is it possible to use this tools to extract my hero's 3D model ? I wish to print it, with his face (including hair) and his armor. Is it possible ? Thanks a lot !

Upvote 0
Hi ! Is it possible to use this tools to extract my hero's 3D model ? I wish to print it, with his face (including hair) and his armor. Is it possible ? Thanks a lot !
AFAIK Bannerlord uses a single male head with lots of keyframes that its character generator uses to customise features. You can export the male head/body with TpacTool and, while it incorporates those keyframes, it defaults to its base shape. Theoretically, a 3D program such as Blender could be used to manually set the keyframes to replicate your face, but that process would require a high level of knowledge and it would be arduous as opposed to easy.
Hair and beards are separate meshes that would have to be exported in their own right and recombined with the head. Tattoos and scars are decals.
PS the face codes that control the keyframes/colours are quite complicated - 128 hex digits. While I've analysed some of them (for example monolid eyes are controlled by the 44th digit of a face code), I haven't seen a full listing published anywhere as yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mmh okay i understand. Is it the same problem with the body ?
Thanks a lot !
AFAIK the only keyframes on the body are in the hands to animate fingers, which aren't personalised. So, the body is only really adjusted for weight, build and skin colour by the character generator - therefor similar but far less complicated.

BTW most modellers only extract a full body to use as a dressmaker's dummy when creating new armour and to transfer bone weights when rigging it to Bannerlord's skeleton to animate it.
You could fairly easily export your armour and the Bannerlord body with TpacTool, pose them in a 3D program such as Blender (default pose is a boring A shape) for printing, but it wouldn't be personalised to your character's face and you would be advised to avoid hair (cover it with a helmet). Hair is a problem for printing as the game uses simple planes with alpha transparencies to show individual hairs rather than modelling them. A printer will only print the ugly hair cards, not the hairs which are simulated by texturing and shaders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom