Even more grind to get influence now.

Users who are viewing this thread

So in my old save the council of commons is the same as the one in stable version ... 0,1 per notable, but anyways i checked the notables and even when i had 70 relation with one of them, they werent supporting me.
Which seems to indicate unimplemented features and thats the reason council of commons is the same as on live but then why even mention it in the beta patch notes

And i am on the beta i checked like 3 times, might be broken cause of old save

OP you realize that kings overriding all votes and getting all fiefs for themselves, was mostly caused by them having excessive influence because of this issue?
So much complaining about kings, and demands for devs to fix them, but now when they fix the biggest cause of this behaviour, there are complains about "nerf" without even the slightest understanding...

But do you understand that these nerfs probably won't fix that problem? Kings implement policies (like Sacred Majesty, law speakers etc etc) that will allow them to generate loads of influence, maybe even at the same time, policies that -1 influence from the player when he's a new vassal. This edge will allow the kings to still get more fiefs and thus more influence. We don't even know if reputation plays into any decisions, but if it does, the player is also way behind on that score when compared to the king and other vassals as well.

This is a nerf to the player not the AI. Just making the influence grind even more tedious and tunneling everyone into warmonger play styles.

The reality is that the influence system is a **** system and doesn't work. All the leaders and lords start with a bunch of fiefs and continually gain influence all game while you're working towards getting somewhere. So nerfing the influence gain just effected players. Rulers still have a load along with the nobles with fiefs as they're continually generating it. It's easy to spot people playing on easy btw.

All the leaders and lords start with a bunch of fiefs and continually gain influence all game while you're working towards getting somewhere.
I mean doesn't that make sense? You aren't supposed to be a high tier noble from day 1. In fact you just displayed one of the major appeals of M&B, working your way from nothing to everything.

That being said, influence right now is pretty poorly implemented.

It's easy to spot people playing on easy btw.
Bannerlord is not a hard game.

All the leaders and lords start with a bunch of fiefs and continually gain influence all game while you're working towards getting somewhere.
Not to pile on haha, but they're also using influence that whole time too while you're trying to get to clan rank 3. If the overall rate of gain has dropped significantly, then their constant usage will keep it from accumulating out of control before you have a chance to throw your hat in the ring.

Last edited:
After this **** with 10 MB update, and all mods stopped working, some are still not working i told to myself, **** it, i won't play the ****ty game for now.
So just forget about singleplayer, or like me, just play multiplayer from time to time, its nice to train your skills >.>

Mods are one of the main reasons people crash dude. They're made by amateurs...what do you expect. I managed to make my savegames work through the patches by trial and error. Disable all of them and enable 1 at a time until you find the culprit. It's not difficult, just takes time and patience.

OP you realize that kings overriding all votes and getting all fiefs for themselves, was mostly caused by them having excessive influence because of this issue?
So much complaining about kings, and demands for devs to fix them, but now when they fix the biggest cause of this behaviour, there are complains about "nerf" without even the slightest understanding...

You'd think the op would not have made this thread in the first place, if the op had any concept of game balance at all.
The people making these sort of threads, is the "I whine about everything" types. It's no use.

I mean doesn't that make sense? You aren't supposed to be a high tier noble from day 1. In fact you just displayed one of the major appeals of M&B, working your way from nothing to everything.

That being said, influence right now is pretty poorly implemented.

Bannerlord is not a hard game.

The point is that something like influence/pull/power politically doesn't work on a logical or game level. Accumulating influence in a realm continually doesn't make much sense, especially when you put in the context it is in, in the game. It simply doesn't make any sense, and should probably be tied more closely to relationships within the faction and be gained or lost based on battles won, objectives completed, what have you... The current system just isn't a very good one by any metric.

I have yet to see all these people that claim they're beating the crap out of the game, winning 10 to 1 battles, conquering like a badass without being on easy/very easy at least on half of the settings or using some very helpful mods. Every youtuber, every streamer, anyone you actually watch play isn't dominating in that fashion without the easy settings or mods or save scumming. But hey if ya wanna boot up a stream from start and show me what's what I'll take notes.

Last edited:
Yeah, the influence mechanic is in a bad place right now. They are trying to fix it's generation before adding more meaningful ways to spend it. Also, exactly what I was saying before happened - they "fixed" Council of Commons by dividing it's yield by 10 only for it to be reworked couple of days after. Completely unfocused development with devs stepping on each others' feet.

they "fixed" Council of Commons by dividing it's yield by 10 only for it to be reworked couple of days after. Completely unfocused development with devs stepping on each others' feet.

No? It was part of one process, there was mexxico post about how he changed it to 0.1 in order to see how much the lack of excessive influence would improve on people campaigns in Beta, with the plan to have a better mechanics thought out and tested several days later.
Plus changing 1.0 to 0.1 in no extra work, posting about it takes more time that the change itself.

No? It was part of one process, there was mexxico post about how he changed it to 0.1 in order to see how much the lack of excessive influence would improve on people campaigns in Beta, with the plan to have a better mechanics thought out and tested several days later.
Plus changing 1.0 to 0.1 in no extra work, posting about it takes more time that the change itself.
Why potentially breaking people's campaigns with this tiny patch two days before the major patch? For "testing"? Existing saves already had excessive influence problem, did mexxico expect people to start a new campaign to test a feature to be completely reworked the next day? Was the team implementing the first "fix" aware of the rework released today?

It just doesn't make sense to me. It all just seems like every branch of the dev team just doing their thing with little communication in between.

Influence isn't supposed to always be at the ready in any quantity you want. It looks like it's supposed to represent an actual investment of respect you have from your peers into a decision of some kind.

And nerfing CoC was a step in the right direction, however, we ain't even half way there. Even with the nerfed Council of Commons, a few fiefs and a few policies can net you a couple dozen of influence every day, allowing you to summon a big army every week. That's about the time it takes to regain that influence back passively and summon another one right when the first one breaks up, not even accounting for influence gained through fights - maybe you're really into Vlandian parades, who knows.

Picture an average lord with a couple of towns.
CoC (nerfed) = somewhere from 2 to 2.5 i
Senate = 1i
Max Inf upgrades in towns =3*2= 6i
Lawspeakers = 1i
Bailiffs = 1i
Noble Retinues = 1i
Serfdom = somewhere in the range of 1.2-1.8i

Not all policies present, by the way, we can go even further with Feudal Inheritance and Lord's Privy Council (if you're that far into the save)

That's 14.3i daily combined with some of the necessary policies missing. That's 21 days for the most massive influence investment possible in the game (a 300i vote for yourself in fief voting). Does it really need to be even faster?

Influence is still valueless because it still comes quicker than you can spend it unless you deliberately sink it into summoning realm-size armies and never touch the "abstain" button in votes.

If you would stop cooming all the time your dopamine levels would be lower, you would have more motivation to invest a little effort into things and would stop demanding the world to serve you and your wishes like you were some kind of king.
Also, just to point the obvious thing that anyone with a minimal level of understanding of how games are made (which you could google yourself and learn about it, but I supposed we hit that low motivation wall again), the person or team responsible for making bushes look better is not the same person or team responsible for fixing perks. Those are two completely different areas of expertise and one should not stop the other.
+1! Totallly agree

their nerf was too harsh, it is 10 times lower, I'd have tried something less desperate, like 0.2 to 0.25. But, then again, people seem to love nerfs because they refuse to restart campaigns, they keep the save file from version -50130.32103 to this date... Of course you'll have nothing to spend the influences upon, and it's obvious you'll not notice how difficult it becomes to grind for influence with such a nerf. AI is addicted to passing policies that handicap players that have just joined a kingdom (not all of them, mind you) and you'll basically be struggling with a negative influence per day until you either level up enough (the Charm ****ty policy) or has accumulated enough influence sources.

Yes, it's annoying, and also yes, it can be "beaten". To me, grind is nothing more than a time sink. Personally I prefer to sink less time into trivial things, hence I do miss any sort actual of strategy in BL, and find the grind to be unrewarding, pointless even. If you ask me what I'd prefer to do in BL I'd probably say "not play it", but, since I'm idle due to the ****ing covid thing, I just do it out of boredom, so what do I do with it? Mostly play mercenary and stick to basic gameplay, which is even more boring after a while. Basic gameplay as mercenary is embracing the grind loop, going vassal or independent is embracing the lack of content and dealing with it. Though there was a guy on another thread that has basically taught me how to play BL in the current state as an Independent Kingdom, which seems to be the only way to actually do it effectively, consists of basically going around all missing features and underlying issues by gaming the game, can see it as being fun, but only for a single play, if you start having to repeat that to achieve success it becomes boring too. :*( hahaha

So far the only fun I've had was by adding the XP multiplier mod and basically turn the leveling into something that feels rewarding, though even that is limited by caps, so I've added 1 attribute per level, then it became fun to make the character a jack-of-all-trades, it takes long enough, you have fun fiddling with all combat styles, and then you can retire the idiot and start over (thing is, this automatically turns the grind into a trivial but fun thing to do)
Alas, this mod stopped working on 1.3.0, so, unlucky me, I'm again bored to death with their vanilla leveling pace, which is atrocious btw... I've said countless times that one of the most irritating things in BL is actually character progression... Too much grind, too much, so much that you won't be able to reach level 30, ever. Or it'll take months playing daily... The leveling is atrocious...

Last edited:
I have yet to see all these people that claim they're beating the crap out of the game, winning 10 to 1 battles, conquering like a badass without being on easy/very easy at least on half of the settings or using some very helpful mods. Every youtuber, every streamer, anyone you actually watch play isn't dominating in that fashion without the easy settings or mods or save scumming. But hey if ya wanna boot up a stream from start and show me what's what I'll take notes.

There is nothing in campaign settings that actually affects CotC or influence gain. And you really don't need to beat the crap out of the game to get tons of influence. You just have to wait for your first fief, join armies and then donate food for the easy daily boost. You can even leave the army right before battles and still participate (get influence) if you don't want the AI commanding your troops. If you don't want to deal with even that much risk, taking a 20-man all-cav party and chewing up bandits for awhile will keeps you above the waterline (and growing) even with Lawspeakers + Trial by Jury active.

(Or just game the system by sinking points into Social instead of Vigor and cranking up your charm by doing quests so Lawspeakers is a bonus instead of a penalty)

There is nothing in campaign settings that actually affects CotC or influence gain. And you really don't need to beat the crap out of the game to get tons of influence. You just have to wait for your first fief, join armies and then donate food for the easy daily boost. You can even leave the army right before battles and still participate (get influence) if you don't want the AI commanding your troops. If you don't want to deal with even that much risk, taking a 20-man all-cav party and chewing up bandits for awhile will keeps you above the waterline (and growing) even with Lawspeakers + Trial by Jury active.

(Or just game the system by sinking points into Social instead of Vigor and cranking up your charm by doing quests so Lawspeakers is a bonus instead of a penalty)
this brings another issue: you become locked into doing a single ****ing thing just to "survive" influence wise, and it takes a LOOOOOOOONG time for it to pickup.

IDK about you, but I prefer to do different things, I log in, beat some bandits, then go for trading, then open encyclopedia to go chase some half-arsed companion, then I search a tournament, then do some notable quest, the move on to search for noble recruits, do some quests for villages, so on so forth... I just hate doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over (...) again. That's why those negative effects policies **** up the game so much too most of us (and I mean it, most of us have no patience to struggle against a ****ing number)

Is that really so? When I play as ruler, those descisions do not cost me any influence at all. I would have believed it to be the same for AI rulers.

Back
Top Bottom